2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand new here and hoping I can get some help/guidance on leasing an SL in TX. The first quote I got was for $399/mo with $0 down, 12k mi/ yr and 24 mos term. Residual is 60%.
After reading some posts, that seems a bit high, no?
Anyone in the dfw area who can point me in the direction of a 'competitive' dealership?

carolle said:
I also made a 2-year and 12K/year contract at Sunnyvale Nissan. The experience was very good.

SV + Quick Charger

I was able to get around $150 for 23 months + $2000 down + $395 = $5845

However, I have a short credit history in USA, and this was my first car loan/leasing. So, I ended up paying $169 for 23 months, which is around $6300.

In San Jose area, you should be able to get a deal less than $6000, for SV + QC.

Thanks a lot, carolle. I was able to get a deal close to yours; signed the documents and picked up the car today.

$2000 Due on Delivery/Drive Off

23 Monthly Payments of $170 (incl tax)

$395 Disposition

Total Cost for 2 years = $6305

SV + Quick Charge, LED @ 12,000 Miles/Yr (Residual after 2 years 61%)

No VPP / Loyalty Discount.

Don't think this is a great deal compared to what folks have been getting in the last week of April, but i'm happy i got close to $6,000

IdleGoblin said:
carolle said:
I also made a 2-year and 12K/year contract at Sunnyvale Nissan. The experience was very good.

SV + Quick Charger

However, I have a short credit history in USA, and this was my first car loan/leasing. So, I ended up paying $169 for 23 months, which is around $6300.

In San Jose area, you should be able to get a deal less than $6000, for SV + QC.

Thanks a lot, carolle. I was able to get a deal close to yours; signed the documents and picked up the car today.

$395 Disposition

Don't think this is a great deal compared to what folks have been getting in the last week of April, but i'm happy i got close to $6,000

Hi Carolle, and IdleGoblin
Can you please PM me the person and dealership info? I am unable to get a price close to yours. I would be happy w/ $6300 over two year too.

dndrich said:
OK, so wife finally gave the go ahead to get the leaf. I will keep my ICE for a while too until she decides all is OK.

In any event, I am now going forward more seriously with the dealers with regards to lease offers. Most have been willing to send via email detailed information. Interestingly Boardwalk Nissan has not been too forthright. I can't get a really detailed offer from the guy there. He also mentions a required service maintenance package which is $380 for two years, or $610 if paid yearly. Nobody else has ever mentioned anything like that. Sounds bogus to me. Thoughts?

Nobody responded to this maintenance package nonsense...any thoughts??

Legolas said:
IdleGoblin said:
carolle said:

SV + Quick Charger

$395 Disposition

Can you please PM me the person and dealership info? I am unable to get a price close to yours. I would be happy w/ $6300 over two year too.

I am also talking to couple of dealers and it would be really useful If I get that info. The initial quote I am getting are close to 7000$. Thanks..

Hello all,

I just got a deal from Elk Grove Nissan on a Ocean blue S plus charger option for $2500 down and $200 tax included 36 months lease on 12k a year. I do have VPP discounts and their price is the best I can find. Any thought?

dndrich said:
dndrich said:
OK, so wife finally gave the go ahead to get the leaf. I will keep my ICE for a while too until she decides all is OK.

In any event, I am now going forward more seriously with the dealers with regards to lease offers. Most have been willing to send via email detailed information. Interestingly Boardwalk Nissan has not been too forthright. I can't get a really detailed offer from the guy there. He also mentions a required service maintenance package which is $380 for two years, or $610 if paid yearly. Nobody else has ever mentioned anything like that. Sounds bogus to me. Thoughts?

When signing my contract, the financial manager told me I need to do 4 maintenance in next 2 years by following the schedule stated in the manual. He offered the package but I didn't take it (don't remember how much it is). I only have mine for less than 3 months, so I haven't done any maintenance yet. But I plan to do it according to the manual.

Hi Legolas and GoingForLeaf,
I leased my SV from Sunnyvale Nissan yesterday; worked with Chip and Ashley there. Have been negotiating for a while and asked them if they could do $6,000 total for a 2 year lease, they were very open about not being able to do it and said they would get back to me with a reasonable offer. Given the fact that i don't work for a VPP company and residuals having gone down (confirmed this with other dealers in the area), wasn't expecting much, but they said they would do the deal, but i would have to sign the papers the same day, which i did.

Here are the terms of the deal.

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Vehicle Selling Price $30,695
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Tire/Battery/VTR Fee $8.75
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Tax on Collected Items $816
Total Cap $32,522

Down/Cash Cap Reduction -1,830.81
Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

Down/Cash Cap Reduction $1830.81
1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual% ($34,615) 60+1 = 61%
Residual Amount $21,115

Tax: 8.75%

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more information.

tsowen said:
dndrich said:
dndrich said:

When signing my contract, the financial manager told me I need to do 4 maintenance in next 2 years by following the schedule stated in the manual. He offered the package but I didn't take it (don't remember how much it is). I only have mine for less than 3 months, so I haven't done any maintenance yet. But I plan to do it according to the manual.

Just leased mine from Sunnyvale Nissan; the service package was presented but they mentioned it was optional, but need to have 6, 12 and 18 month service records when i drop off the car after 2 years. It didn't matter where i did the service, but i had to do it (Only Nissan service centers can do a service on a leaf, apparently).
Had a very tough time working with boardwalk. They always wanted to discuss numbers in person and never over the phone or email. And at times the sales person got a bit agitated that i wasn't interested in coming in to the dealership with out a solid offer over phone or email; the last time i spoke over the phone, they hung up on me. The compulsory service package is definitely bogus.

IdleGoblin said:
I leased my SV from Sunnyvale Nissan yesterday; worked with Chip and Ashley there. Have been negotiating for a while and asked them if they could do $6,000 total for a 2 year lease, they were very open about not being able to do it and said they would get back to me with a reasonable offer. Given the fact that i don't work for a VPP company and residuals having gone down (confirmed this with other dealers in the area), wasn't expecting much, but they said they would do the deal, but i would have to sign the papers the same day, which i did.

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Thanks a lot for the detailed response.. Appreciate it..
I will be talking to the dealer by this weekend and let you know how it goes..

IdleGoblin said:

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Total Cap $32,522

Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual Amount $21,115

Thanks IdleGoblin. I will contact them right away.

IdleGoblin said:

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Total Cap $32,522

Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual Amount $21,115

This is very useful information. Just to be clear with regards to total cost over the 24 month period, is the due on delivery the sum of the fees listed above plus the 1st month, or is that an additional $2000 down. If it is just the sum, then you have done very well with a total cost of less than $6000 over the 2 year period including tax. Can you please clarify? I am in the market right now.

Not see "$395 Disposition fee".

IdleGoblin said:

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Total Cap $32,522

Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual Amount $21,115

Anyone knows the maintain cost for leaf? It seems that is not included in the total cost. How much shall we pay then?

dndrich said:
IdleGoblin said:

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Total Cap $32,522

Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual Amount $21,115

This is very useful information. Just to be clear with regards to total cost over the 24 month period, is the due on delivery the sum of the fees listed above plus the 1st month, or is that an additional $2000 down. If it is just the sum, then you have done very well with a total cost of less than $6000 over the 2 year period including tax. Can you please clarify? I am in the market right now.

Yes, $2000 is the sum of the DMV, tax, fees and first month payment.
Its 2000 (down) + 3910 (23 payments of 170) + 395 (disposition cost) = 6305

IdleGoblin said:
dndrich said:
IdleGoblin said:

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Total Cap $32,522

Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual Amount $21,115

This is a great deal. I will attempt same. Thanks for the info.

I went to both Stevens Creek and Sunnyvale dealers. Steven Creeks responded quick and clean with better offer. May try to contact Trinh at Stevens Creek for the deal. I ended up got a leased SV with QC, cargo cover, splash guard, and mats from Stevens Creek when the offer from Sunnyvale off by ~ $30 a month.

IdleGoblin said:
dndrich said:
IdleGoblin said:

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Total Cap $32,522

Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual Amount $21,115

One last question: did your deal include floor mats?

evgood said:
Not see "$395 Disposition fee".

IdleGoblin said:

SV + Quick Charge, LED

Market Value $34,615
Discount -$3,920
Document Prep Fee $80
License/Title $288
Other Fee $39
Acquisition Fee $595
Total Cap $32,522

Rebate Savings -7,500

Base Payment $155.58
Monthly Tax $13.61
24 Month Payment $169.19

1st Payment $169.19
Due on Delivery $2,000

Rate 0.00156
Annual Miles 12,000
Residual Amount $21,115

For some reason i don't see that in the deal structure, but i have a disposition of 395.

Back