2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toucansma said:
Finally got a Leaf deal in SW florida

13 SV Red. 12k/2 years

$169 a month (includes taxes)
$2000 down (all fees included and first month)
$395 dispo at end

$6282

That was best i could do. Most were around $7200-8000.

How does that sound?
Toucansma, it depends whether you got the base model or with the QC/led options. The options are worth about another $500 to $600 on a lease basis. My research indicates that Florida Leaf prices are about as high as New Jersey, with Hawaii being the only state higher than both!

12Cat said:
Legolas, in my previous posts I stated that the going rate for the SL in the Bay Area in the last month appears to be about $3500 to $3700 a year based on people who have gotten 2 and 3 year leases in Sunnyvale. Computation is based on down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee. Your offer is right in line. I personally would try to get closer to $3500 a year and definitely would not want to put $4000 down in case the car is totaled in an accident.

I can't see much urgency in taking this "deal". Also, you should be able to land an SV with QC for at minimum $1000 less if $ is an issue.

But I will be shopping for a 2013 SL in San Jose and Sunnyvale starting next month. My daughter needs a car for work after school ends. I will be shopping 4-5 local dealers. I expect to pay $3400 to $3600 a year after rebates, etc.

On a 2 year lease, 12k miles, I am shooting for $1000 down which includes first payment, 23 months @ 245 month for a total of payments of $5635, plus $395 Dispo fee for a total of $7030. If I go 3 years, 12k a year, I am seeking $1000 down (including first payment), 35 months @ 325 month for a total of payments of $11,200, plus $395 Dispo fee, subtracted by the $2500 state rebate for leases of 3 years or longer, for a total of $10,260. These numbers are equal to the best deals I've seen on the base SL so they are my goals to hit.

Where in Bay area do we get deals like that ? I have been shopping for a base SL here and no dealer has come close to $3500 / year (7000 for 2 years) . I will appreciate any help on getting this deal. Thanks !
12cat, we don't have a lot of data on this thread on The SL model. Pushpak's 3 year SL lease deal came out to $3700 a year. Legalos's 2 year offer on the SL he just received was $3700 a year. My 3 year deal on my 2012 last October was $2900 a year (only because Nissan had a $2000 end of year promo on top of everything else which they added on to my down - that isn't going to happen again!).

PushPak stated that he really didn't grind his deal. I played 4 local dealers against each other and will do the same this time. Maybe my goal of $3500 a year is ambitious but I was a new car sales manager 25 years ago before getting my MBA and changing industries, I've leased 4 cars in my lifetime, and I negotiate for a living so I have faith in my negotiation ability.

But, in the end, it's just a GOAL but it IS reasonable because it's one that the dealer will still make a lot of money on so if it happens, great. If I fail, the worst I expect to pay is $3700 a year based on others' deals. Best of Luck!

Ron

Legolas said:
Corina1231 said:
Legolas said:
Hi
Just got this in my email. This is a deal over the weekend only. Do you think this is a good deal? Comes to around $7400. I probably am okay w/ SV + QC Pkg, but SL is not bad :)

2013 NISSAN LEAF SL 4DR AUTO
FLOOR MATS & CARGO
SPLASH GUARDS
50 STATE EMISSION
Lease for $129.00 per month plus tax. On approval of credit.
24 month lease. $3,999 total cash down which includes a $0.00 security deposit; includes $7,500 rebate. Lessee responsible at lease end for mileage in excess of 24,000 miles at 15 cents per mile.
Legolas, in my previous posts I stated that the going rate for the SL in the Bay Area in the last month appears to be about $3600 to $3700 a year based on people who have gotten 2 and 3 year leases in Sunnyvale. Computation is based on down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee. Your offer is right in line. I personally would try to get closer to $3500 a year and definitely would not want to put $4000 down in case the car is totaled in an accident.

I can't see much urgency in taking this "deal". Also, you should be able to land an SV with QC for at minimum $1000 less if $ is an issue.

Just my opinion. Good Luck!

Thanks Corina. I have been asked to wait until the start/mid of May to get a better deal by Sunnyvale Nissan!! Can wait a week or two to save $1000 :)
Aat167 got the SV with QC at Sunnyvale for $5850 for the 2 year lease, 12k miles a year out the door including $395 Dispo fee. See p. 46 of this thread. That's $1500 less than the SL offer you got so if that's all you need I would shoot for that deal.

Corina1231 said:
toucansma said:
Finally got a Leaf deal in SW florida

13 SV Red. 12k/2 years

$169 a month (includes taxes)
$2000 down (all fees included and first month)
$395 dispo at end

$6282

That was best i could do. Most were around $7200-8000.

How does that sound?
Toucansma, it depends whether you got the base model or with the QC/led options. The options are worth about another $500 to $600 on a lease basis. My research indicates that Florida Leaf prices are about as high as New Jersey, with Hawaii being the only state higher than both!

Base SV. QC was so out of the ballpark it was crazy. No
one was willing to deal. My first SV offer was 350 w/3999 down. I almost fell out of my chair. Everyone kept playing the it would be a loss card. I asked in areas without other tax breaks how they can make a profit. They said those deals were fakes. The sales people here were so bad it was almost funny.

I have an offer for a 2013 SV which has the LED+QC Package, Splash Guards, Floor Mats, and Cargo Area Mats. The MSRP is 34,615, and the color is Blue Ocean. With true zero down, the 24 month payment will be 299 a month including tax. This is in MA. Does this sound like a good deal?

2013 NISSAN LEAF SL 4DR AUTO
FLOOR MATS & CARGO
SPLASH GUARDS
50 STATE EMISSION
Lease for $129.00 per month plus tax. On approval of credit.
24 month lease. $3,999 total cash down which includes a $0.00 security deposit; includes $7,500 rebate. Lessee responsible at lease end for mileage in excess of 24,000 miles at 15 cents per mile.[/quote]
Legolas, in my previous posts I stated that the going rate for the SL in the Bay Area in the last month appears to be about $3600 to $3700 a year based on people who have gotten 2 and 3 year leases in Sunnyvale. Computation is based on down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee. Your offer is right in line. I personally would try to get closer to $3500 a year and definitely would not want to put $4000 down in case the car is totaled in an accident.

Just my opinion. Good Luck![/quote]

Thanks Corina. I have been asked to wait until the start/mid of May to get a better deal by Sunnyvale Nissan!! Can wait a week or two to save $1000 :)[/quote]
Aat167 got the SV with QC at Sunnyvale for $5850 for the 2 year lease, 12k miles a year out the door including $395 Dispo fee. See p. 46 of this thread. That's $1500 less than the SL offer you got so if that's all you need I would shoot for that deal.[/quote]

I also use AAT167 quote to compare mine. I thought I did $6000 for 2 yrs on SV QC package plus mats, cargo cover, and splash guard was comparable to AAT167 when cargo cover and splash guard cost more than $150. I got the deal from Stevens Creek in the first round of discussion. Sunnyvale was a bit slow to meet the number after 3 rounds of talks. On SV model, cargo cover and splash guard might not be included but floor mat and cargo mat are though.

no2gas said:
I have an offer for a 2013 SV which has the LED+QC Package, Splash Guards, Floor Mats, and Cargo Area Mats. The MSRP is 34,615, and the color is Blue Ocean. With true zero down, the 24 month payment will be 299 a month including tax. This is in MA. Does this sound like a good deal?

I was able to get it down to $270 a month for 12,000 miles and $295 a month for 15,000 miles. I'm trying to get $280 for 15,000 miles. What are some of the current lease offers for 15,000 miles?

My understanding is:

The residual is based on listing price. I believe it is 62% for 2-year lease.
The money factor is 0.002 (or 4.8% annual rate).
Deposition fee of $395. You have to pay unless you are buying or leasing another one from Nissan at the end of the lease.

If the above are un-negotiatable, then the only negotiated part is the vehicle price.

As well negotiate the vehicle price first. Once the price is set, tell them you want to lease.

johnqh said:
My understanding is:

Deposition fee of $395. You have to pay unless you are buying or leasing another one from Nissan at the end of the lease.

If the above are un-negotiatable, then the only negotiated part is the vehicle price.

As well negotiate the vehicle price first. Once the price is set, tell them you want to lease.
Johnqh, I respect your opinion on leasing strategy and I hope it works for you. I take the diametrically opposite approach having been in the car business and leased 4 cars in my lifetime. I only care about my TOTAL cost of the lease as determined by down PLUS total of payments Plus Dispo fee. Then compare apples to apples vs. the total cost everyone else on this thread is paying. This tells me what the least amount of money a dealer is willing to lease for and to some degree how low they can go to still make money on the deal. I then take the lowest total cost and try to beat it or at worst meet it.

The reason I do this is because EVERYTHING except TTL is negotiable. And i believe playing the numbers game (selling price, residual, money factor, etc) is what the dealers want us to do to take our eye off the ball of the only thing that matters - how much is the total cost is for the lease? Regarding the dispo fee, I and others on this thread have balked in the finance office when they hit you with the hidden Dispo fee for the first time. Many of us have threatened to walk and they have either waived it (rare) or lowered our payments by an amount which compensated for the added sneaky Dispo fee for dropping the car off in their lot.

I personally don't care how they get to their numbers, only that I get the best deal or equal the best deal on this thread which I've monitored for 8 months. My strategy worked for me when I got my 2012 leaf SL last October at the lowest reported lease price on this thread. I'm a grinder and ultimately played 4 dealers against each other. I'll be curious, though, to see how your final deal works out. I know that you will be sure to compare your numbers with those of us on the board before pulling. the trigger. I hope you beat all of our deals. I will still use my strategy on my next upcoming Leaf lease but use your low numbers as the bar to beat! Best of Luck! Ron

Corina1231 said:
johnqh said:
My understanding is:

Johnqh, I respect your opinion on leasing strategy and I hope it works for you. I take the diametrically opposite approach having been in the car business and leased 4 cars in my lifetime. I only care about my TOTAL cost of the lease as determined by down PLUS total of payments Plus Dispo fee. Then compare apples to apples vs. the total cost everyone else on this thread is paying. This tells me what the least amount of money a dealer is willing to lease for and to some degree how low they can go to still make money on the deal. I then take the lowest total cost and try to beat it or at worst meet it.

The reason I do this is because EVERYTHING except TTL is negotiable. And i believe playing the numbers game (selling price, residual, money factor, etc) is what the dealers want us to do to take our eye off the ball of the only thing that matters - how much is the total cost is for the lease? Regarding the dispo fee, I and others on this thread have balked in the finance office when they hit you with the hidden Dispo fee for the first time. Many of us have threatened to walk and they have either waived it (rare) or lowered our payments by an amount which compensated for the added sneaky Dispo fee for dropping the car off in their lot.

I personally don't care how they get to their numbers, only that I get the best deal or equal the best deal on this thread which I've monitored for 8 months. My strategy worked for me when I got my 2012 leaf SL last October at the lowest reported lease price on this thread. I'm a grinder and ultimately played 4 dealers against each other. I'll be curious, though, to see how your final deal works out. I know that you will be sure to compare your numbers with those of us on the board before pulling. the trigger. I hope you beat all of our deals. I will still use my strategy on my next upcoming Leaf lease but use your low numbers as the bar to beat! Best of Luck! Ron

Actually I never leased, and understand EVERYTHING is negotiable.... but it only confuses people.

It comes down to three factors:
1. Price
2. Residual value. In this case, I believe Nissan sets it pretty high to promote Leaf, and it is not really negotiable. (62% of listing for 2-year lease)
3. Money factor (it is really the APR on the Price - Residual value - down payment).

See top post for residual value and money factor.

So the only negotiable item is the price.

Corina1231 said:
johnqh said:
My understanding is:

johnqh said:
Corina1231 said:
johnqh said:
My understanding is:

Actually I never leased, and understand EVERYTHING is negotiable.... but it only confuses people.

It comes down to three factors:
1. Price
2. Residual value. In this case, I believe Nissan sets it pretty high to promote Leaf, and it is not really negotiable. (62% of listing for 2-year lease)
3. Money factor (it is really the APR on the Price - Residual value - down payment).

See top post for residual value and money factor.

So the only negotiable item is the price.
We'll have to agree to disagree. My experience tells me that dealers have great flexibility in setting the terms. They love nothing more than to play numbers games with a customer. They are only focused on how much money they make on each deal. They love nothing more than to satisfy your objections to the sales price, money rate, residual value, dispo fee, trade in value or anything else as long as they bump you somewhere else where you aren't looking to make their desired profit. That is why total cost of lease is the only important factoring leasing the LEAF, especially since (as you correctly stated) the residuals have been inflated to the point that no reasonable person would purchase at the end of lease.

The Dispo fee is the biggest joke. It's there for 2 purposes, to bump up what you are paying for the lease after you think you already made your best deal, and secondly to bait people to buy from you next time around so they can "save $395". Then when they are focused on saving that $395 on the next deal they bump you elsewhere to get it back. The silliest thing people I've seen people fall for is a mailed flier worth $500 toward the purchase of a new vehicle. At the bottom it stated to present the coupon directly to the sales manager upon your visit. Many people who came in with those coupons thought they were avoiding salesmen commissions. As you might expect, those are the people that we'd really hit home runs on. As long as they could use that coupon they believed they were getting great deals (ala, waiver of the Dispo fee!).

I leased hundreds of cars when I was a new car sales manager and would frequently alter numbers that customers objected to with the promise of a sale. My GM only cared about the bottom line, which was how much I was making on each deal. I once gave a guy $12000 on his beloved trade in that was worth about $9000 and he was so happy he overpaid drastically on his new car and we still made a grand off the deal. I changed money factors if that would make the deal and made it up elsewhere. The objective of sales is to find out what customer objections are and how to satisfy them to make the deal. The car business is horse trading in its purest form.

Just one man's opinions based on my experiences. Best of luck!

Everything you said if right if someone walk in the showroom at this day of age.

However, someone with info (simply the info in the top post) can easily force the dealer to the best deal by emailing. This is no different from negotiating a purchase.

Btw, I bought instead of leased. There is a built-in cost to lease, which is the deposition fee (agree with you here) and higher APR on the loan at the same tier.

This is a great comment and good advice, let's not all lose sight of this with our pursuit of obtaining this sweet ride we talk about and (some) own on this forum. Especially, "Life is too short...{snip})

Pushpak said:
Finally, an editorial note: A certain one-upmanship infects folks as they evaluate their upcoming expenditure. I strongly recommend that prospective Leaf lessors view these numbers as "possibles", not "probables". The minimum shouldn't become something against which to measure either your negotiating prowess or your manhood. Frankly, the only numbers I am truly confident about are mine :)|), because those I know include all taxes, rebates, etc. Also, deals often include special reductions such as state rebates, VPP, loyalty cash, etc., which may not apply to you. Plus, some, possibly most, costs leave out things like monthly local taxes, disposition fees, etc. As a personal matter, I believe life too short to squeeze the last possible cent out of every deal.

That said:

I snagged my second lease last night.

SV Brilliant (silver) No options except floor mats.
$996.97 down, includes first payment
$167.94 monthly payments
$167.94 disposition fee.
Total 2 year cost $5027.53
12K miles/year

I played 2 dealers against each other in Milwaukee, but ultimately my money went to the first one to respond and (basically) had the best deal from the get go. Funny thing about the disposition fee, I remember refusing to pay the disposition fee on my first lease back in December, but it was exactly the same amount of my monthly payment. In conversation with another dealer, the sales person told me that the amount is "equal to the monthly payment, but not more than $395.00".

With that information, perceived as true, the morning of the signing, I called to confirm my numbers, appointment date, had them max tire pressure, balance the battery cells, and sprung that information on my salesperson. They balked, but compromised, at $250. I knew that I absolutely had to drive to Milwaukee with another driver anyway, and I REALLY wanted the car, I said fine, that I would be good with that. But in the Finance Managers office, monthly payment was the number that was on the contract. Without forgetting Pushpak's advice, there is still some wiggle room on (almost) all of these numbers.

These numbers reflect a $1000 loyalty discount but not VPP pricing.

Off topic, and I'll start a new thread on this with pictures (if I can figure it out LOL), without charging, I did the 86 miles home, 5.4 miles/kWh, with 3 bars left and 28 miles on the GOM, and 22% charge left. But I cheated, I'll explain later, I don't want to clog up this thread with non-lease information.

Kent

no2gas,

Kelly Nissan in Woburn is where I leased, Lynnfield matched their price since they are the same owner. I got them to $275 (includes tax) for 23 months + $1000 down (includes doc fees, plates, RMV fees, & first month) + 395 disposition fee. This is for 15k miles. I have SV with splash guards, mats, cargo net & hologram kick plates. I only wanted a base model, but they couldn't get one at the time. I did however work them on my trade-in so I don't feel bad about the deal.

Oh, one other thing to remember, your insurance will increase in MA due to the LEAF being an EV. Each company I checked with seems to like to charge a premium for the LEAF.

I closed the deal with Country Nissan in Hadley, they were very responsive and unlike the other dealers were willing to negotiate and earn their business. Kelly in Lynnfield couldn't match their numbers. 2013 Blue SV with QC/LED for $295 a month 15,000 miles and $0 down, this is for 24 months.

I have Metlife, the insurance was the same as what I pay for my 2007 Pilot..around $600 an year. However, the excise tax is going to bite.

2013 Leaf SV + 3 small options. $0 down, 24 months, 15K. I got the vpp pricing listed on the first page, $240/mo. $5920 + $600 Acquisition + Taxes & Fees @ Brown's Fairfax Nissan.

LeafLeafLeaf said:
2013 Leaf SV + 3 small options. $0 down, 24 months, 15K. I got the vpp pricing listed on the first page, $240/mo. $5920 + $600 Acquisition + Taxes & Fees @ Brown's Fairfax Nissan.

Acquisition fee on a leased car? Interesting.....

Redjr wrote:

I snagged my second lease last night.

SV Brilliant (silver) No options except floor mats.
$996.97 down, includes first payment
$167.94 monthly payments
$167.94 disposition fee.
Total 2 year cost $5027.53
12K miles/year

I played 2 dealers against each other in Milwaukee, but ultimately my money went to the first one to respond and (basically) had the best deal from the get go. Funny thing about the disposition fee, I remember refusing to pay the disposition fee on my first lease back in December, but it was exactly the same amount of my monthly payment. In conversation with another dealer, the sales person told me that the amount is "equal to the monthly payment, but not more than $395.00".

With that information, perceived as true, the morning of the signing, I called to confirm my numbers, appointment date, had them max tire pressure, balance the battery cells, and sprung that information on my salesperson. They balked, but compromised, at $250. I knew that I absolutely had to drive to Milwaukee with another driver anyway, and I REALLY wanted the car, I said fine, that I would be good with that. But in the Finance Managers office, monthly payment was the number that was on the contract. Without forgetting Pushpak's advice, there is still some wiggle room on (almost) all of these numbers.

These numbers reflect a $1000 loyalty discount but not VPP pricing.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Redjr, thank you for your post.

I'm about to use my $1000 loyalty discount to lease my second Leaf. I'm confused as to how it is "reflected" in your deal. I spoke with Nissan when I got my mailer re: the $1000 loyalty money and they indicated that it will appear as $1000 down on my new lease agreement. Your down is shown as $996.97. Is that the $1000 Nissan money? Or was your true down $1996.97 and you paid $996.97 of that?

What is the down as it appears on your lease agreement? How is the $1000 "reflected" in your lease deal? Did you actually make a deal for $6027.53 for the SV and will only pay $5027.53 because of the $1000 loyalty money?

I'm looking for 2-year lease deals on a base S model with 15k miles per year (Central FL). The best deal I've been able to find is $239/month (24 payments, stated to include all taxes and fees, but not tag). Basically $5,736 total cost of lease. That seems to be higher than most of what I've seen on this forum (however not many FL postings). I would like to hear any thoughts on this offer. Do people sometimes lease from an out of state dealer to get a better offer? It seems there are some West coast dealers who run very high volumes and the best S model deal I've seen on this site was in Wisconsin.

Back