2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corina1231" Just curious. How does that $5 said:
If this is a tax-credit then it would be worth $5000, if it is a tax-deduction, then it depends on your tax-bracket, but your approximation of $1700 is in the ballpark.

Hi all, just picked up a new 2013 SV build date 3/13 with led / Quick charge package and floor / cargo area mats, MSRP was 34,470 plus other dealer add-on 400 or so. Out the door was zero out of pocket cost and 23 payments of 260 so total cost will be 5980. they do like to play with the numbers.

dudley said:
Hi all, just picked up a new 2013 SV build date 3/13 with led / Quick charge package and floor / cargo area mats, MSRP was 34,470 plus other dealer add-on 400 or so. Out the door was zero out of pocket cost and 23 payments of 260 so total cost will be 5980. they do like to play with the numbers.

Hi Dudley
Congrats on your new leaf lease (that has a ring to it).
Can you share which state/area you are in?

Legolas said:
dudley said:

Hi Dudley
Also, I'll assume from your terms it was a 24 month, 12k a yr. lease, with the hidden $395 Dispo fee in the the Nissan contract. Please confirm this info and what dealer. If all that is true, you got a very nice deal!

Hi, I've been spending a lot of time reading the forum the last few days and I feel like I have learned a lot. I'm interested in a 2013 SV and I am eligible for VPP C Plan pricing.

This is what I have on the table right now:
I worked numbers on a 2013 Leaf SV without any additional options and here is what I have for you. I have discounted this car slightly from the VPP price in order to make this attractive for you and your wife.

2013 Leaf SV
$32,985.00 MSRP
$30,107.00 VPP Selling price minus discount
-$7500.00 Rebate or Tax credit

24 mo lease, 12k/yr, $0 down = $209/mo.

Taxes and tags come to about $2096 which is due at signing. The residual on this is 63%, so the buyout at the end would be $20,780 plus a $300 fee from NMAC.

I've never leased a car before and the monthly payment here is within my budget, but they do want me to come out of pocket for the taxes and tags up front. Any suggestions here? Could someone smarter than me help me out and compute the total cost and the MF they are using based on what's been provided?

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to say I am in MD, just outside the Washington, DC Beltway. This is the first dealer I have contacted, but there are many others locally.

Update with final deal terms for the spreadsheet.

$0 out of pocket at pick up - all fees, etc. rolled into lease
$0 tax in NJ
$300/mth for 24 months
$395 disposition fee

Leaf SL, 12k miles per, 24 month lease
Sticker was $36,080

Loving it so far.

Atlanta area lease just completed tonight.....

WHITE 2013 Leaf S with Quick Charge/Rear Camera Package
24 months
12,000 miles per year
$1000 total out of pocket (includes taxes and 1st payment)
$179 per month (for 23 months) :D
plus $395 Dispo Fee :roll:

Jard said:
Hi, I've been spending a lot of time reading the forum the last few days and I feel like I have learned a lot. I'm interested in a 2013 SV and I am eligible for VPP C Plan pricing.

This is what I have on the table right now:
I worked numbers on a 2013 Leaf SV without any additional options and here is what I have for you. I have discounted this car slightly from the VPP price in order to make this attractive for you and your wife.

2013 Leaf SV
$32,985.00 MSRP
$30,107.00 VPP Selling price minus discount
-$7500.00 Rebate or Tax credit

24 mo lease, 12k/yr, $0 down = $209/mo.

Taxes and tags come to about $2096 which is due at signing. The residual on this is 63%, so the buyout at the end would be $20,780 plus a $300 fee from NMAC.

I've never leased a car before and the monthly payment here is within my budget, but they do want me to come out of pocket for the taxes and tags up front. Any suggestions here? Could someone smarter than me help me out and compute the total cost and the MF they are using based on what's been provided?

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to say I am in MD, just outside the Washington, DC Beltway. This is the first dealer I have contacted, but there are many others locally.
It's not unusual for a dealer to highball you when you email them for a price, but usually not this much. They do this so when you counter it is in their range and ultimately you believe you got a "good deal". This guy may have sensed he had a buyer unfamiliar with leases and went for the home run.

Obviously, the quote you got was silly high. Compare his "offer" with Dudley's (above) who leased an SV with ALL the expensive bells and whistles for $5980 (down plus total of payments) plus the $395 Dispo fee for a total of $6375. Your basic SV WITHOUT the Quick charge, led etc amounts to over $7507. Compute down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee which is hidden charge in Nissan contract.

The offer he gave you is so out of whack that is basically the same price per year that both Pushpak and pgrokkos (above) just leased their SL models for (which retail for $3,000 more than the SV) when analyzed on a per year basis (about $3700 per year).

Try not to get caught up in any other numbers they throw at you. The only numbers that mater is your total cost of lease (down plus total of payments plus hidden Dispo fee). $ 6000 would be a fair price for the car you were quoted even though others have made a slightly better deal in areas other than New Jersey, where ripoff seems to be the name of the game based on your quote and others. I'd wait until supply increases in your area to even consider leasing a Leaf.

Corina1231 said:
Legolas said:
dudley said:

Hi Dudley
Also, I'll assume from your terms it was a 24 month, 12k a yr. lease, with the hidden $395 Dispo fee in the the Nissan contract. Please confirm this info and what dealer. If all that is true, you got a very nice deal!
$0 out of pocket at pick up - all fees, first payment etc. rolled into lease
$0 tax in Portland, OR ( Gladstone Nissan )
$260/mth for 23 months
$395 disposition fee
I fill that it was a good deal.
Leaf SV, 12k miles per, 24 month lease
Sticker was $34,470 plus other dealer add-on 400 or so (Agreed upon value 31,600) 2870 off MSRP Res Value 21,371.40

Corina1231 said:
It's not unusual for a dealer to highball you when you email them for a price, but usually not this much. They do this so when you counter it is in their range and ultimately you believe you got a "good deal". This guy may have sensed he had a buyer unfamiliar with leases and went for the home run.

Obviously, the quote you got was silly high. Compare his "offer" with Legolas (above) who leased an SV with ALL the expensive bells and whistles for $5980 (down plus total of payments) plus the $395 Dispo fee for a total of $6375. Your basic SV WITHOUT the Quick charge, led etc amounts to over $7507. Compute down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee which is hidden charge in Nissan contract.

The offer he gave you is so out of whack that is basically the same price per year that both Pushpak and pgrokkos (above) just leased their SL models for (which retail for $3,000 more than the SV) when analyzed on a per year basis (about $3700 per year).

Try not to get caught up in any other numbers they throw at you. The only numbers that mater is your total cost of lease (down plus total of payments plus hidden Dispo fee). $ 6000 would be a fair price for the car you were quoted even though others have made a slightly better deal in areas other than New Jersey, where ripoff seems to be the name of the game based on your quote and others. I'd wait until supply increases in your area to even consider leasing a Leaf.

Thank you for the extremely helpful reply. I will contact a few more dealers now that I know what I'm looking for!

I got my Leaf last week in Roswell GA. My uncle and father also got there Leafs last week, but they went through a broker.

SV with no options
12k miles

$0 down
24 payments
$299 month
$395 Disposition fee

Here is my pricing justification for leasing if you are interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZqnWGfG41YdGFfclVHWVI3Mm1Qdnl2ajczSzg0cWc&usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gte037p said:
I got my Leaf last week in Roswell GA. My uncle and father also got there Leafs last week, but they went through a broker.

SV with no options
12k miles

$0 down
24 payments
$299 month
$395 Disposition fee

Here is my pricing justification for leasing if you are interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZqnWGfG41YdGFfclVHWVI3Mm1Qdnl2ajczSzg0cWc&usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These numbers you are giving may appear to some folks as very high, so it is important not to use them when comparing much better deals one can get outside of Georgia. The reason is that you folks in Georgia receive a substantial tax credit. Ultimately, you will not pay $7595 for this lease, but more like $6,000 after your tax credit. That is right in line with what others are paying in neighboring states for the SV on a 2 yr., 12k miles per year lease. (Computed by taking down plus total of payments plus $395 hidden Dispo fee in Nissan contract).

dudley said:
$0 tax in Portland, OR ( Gladstone Nissan )

This is the big difference for me trying to lease a LEAF and register it in MD. Sales tax is going to be 6% for me +$230'ish for registration. I have to deal with an extra $2,000 for the transaction.

I was just offered a $330 / month lease on a SV including taxes, title, and tags, which is probably as good as I will get in MD.

The other quote for $209 / month and taxes, title, and tags out of pocket, about $2,100, doesn't seem so crazy now.

I pulled off on the following deal with Sunnyvale Nissan (mirroring others in the forum)

2013 SV with Quick charge, LED, floor mats

$0 down
$235.61 for 23 months
$395 disposition fee at end of lease

Picked up my car on Sunday and loving it. Thanks to everyone who helped me in getting this deal.

I also made a 2-year and 12K/year contract at Sunnyvale Nissan. The experience was very good.

SV + Quick Charger

I was able to get around $150 for 23 months + $2000 down + $395 = $5845

However, I have a short credit history in USA, and this was my first car loan/leasing. So, I ended up paying $169 for 23 months, which is around $6300.

In San Jose area, you should be able to get a deal less than $6000, for SV + QC.

LeafinThePark said:
mkjayakumar said:
What is not clear to me in Leafinthepark's deal is whether the T&T is to be paid extra or if that is something already included into the overall down payment/monthly payments ?

If T&T is not extra then these are excellent deals.

Here is my final numbers...just had them emailed to me this morning...I will enter them as they appear on the pdf.

Dealer said:
Our List Price: $32,985.00
Discount Savings: -$2,778.00
Vehicle Selling Price: $30,207.00
Doc Prep Fee: $75.00
License/Title: $498.00
Bank Fee: $595.00
Tax on Collected Items: $373.06
Total Cap: $31,748.06
Down/Cash Cap Reduction: -$1,846.13
Rebate Savings: -$7,500.00
Net Cap: $22,401.93

24 Month Payment $153.87

Down/Cash Cap Reduction: $1,846.13
Fist month payment $153.87
Due on Delivery $2,000.00

Rate 0.0020
Annual Miles 15,000
Residual % ($32,985) 63%
Residual Amount $20,780.55

MN tax 7.15%

If I am reading this right, the TTL and other fees are rolled into the lease. Can someone confirm?

I am very happy with this deal...much better than I had expected (especially after the initial quote from dealer #1). I have been informed to expect my car is shipping directly from the factory and I can expect it sometime next week. Went with the metallic slate. Can't wait!!!!!

LeafInThePark... if you are still reading the boards... would you please PM me the dealership you worked with. I am going to push to get the deal you got. Thanks!

sundancer77 said:
I pulled off on the following deal with Sunnyvale Nissan (mirroring others in the forum)

2013 SV with Quick charge, LED, floor mats

$0 down
$235.61 for 23 months
$395 disposition fee at end of lease

Picked up my car on Sunday and loving it. Thanks to everyone who helped me in getting this deal.

Hi Sundancer
Congrats on your new Leaf. Can you share the agent name/email from Sunnyvale Nissan? When I sent them an email from the website, I have not heard from them yet. I would pick this deal up in a heartbeat.

Hi Carolle
Congrats on your new Leaf too. Can you similarly share the agent name/email?

Back