2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great deal Almeggy! I'm getting VPP pricing, and the best quote I have so far is $205/m for an SV + LED/charger + mats + cargo. And that's with VPP, no tax and $2k down!

It's my understanding that an extra $1k on price translates into ~$20/m on the payment. So if I add $1414 + $220 = $1634 (total difference in Almeggy's car and mine), that would mean an extra $33/m. So $188/m is roughly where I think my offer should be.

I've seen others post that they've gotten a fully loaded SL for $215/m w/ $2k down. That's about a $3700 difference in invoice, which I'd estimate at $75/m. But I think $140/m is a little low for a VPP SV, so maybe my understanding here is incorrect?

Almaggy said:
Thanks to everyone for their great detailed accounts through the leasing process.
I used all of this great info to help me score a sweet deal in WI Here goes:

2013 Leaf SV black no packages just floor mats etc.
24 months 15,000 miles a year
Down payment $1767.46 includes taxes, first payment, fees etc.
23 months at $155.33 per month
Disposition fee of $155.33 (equal to 1 month payment, thought it was weird but I asked about it several times and it is in my contract, was even ready to turn down the $395 fee but I just accepted this charge)

Total cost of 24 month lease = $5,495.38

Non vpp pricing but I got a $500 bonus cash promo in the mail that they added at the last minute. I thought sweet!
That's a very nice deal, Almaggy! Very comparable deal when compared to the slightly more expensive VPP and non VPP deals folks are getting on their SV's with QC package. Also I like the strange low dispo fee.

But tell me about this $500 cash promo - did they really apply this after the fact and count it toward your down or was it a "gimmick" that they "worked into your deal"? Who sent it out, Nissan or the dealer? Did you present it to them AFTER you made your best deal or did you have to show it up front? I think you know what I mean.

Worked out good for you, either way. Nice deal!

Corina1231 said:
Almaggy said:
Thanks to everyone for their great detailed accounts through the leasing process.

Disposition fee of $155.33 (equal to 1 month payment, thought it was weird but I asked about it several times and it is in my contract, was even ready to turn down the $395 fee but I just accepted this charge)

Non vpp pricing but I got a $500 bonus cash promo in the mail that they added at the last minute. I thought sweet!
That's a very nice deal, Almaggy! Very comparable deal when compared to the slightly more expensive VPP and non VPP deals folks are getting on their SV's with QC package. Also I like the strange low dispo fee.

But tell me about this $500 cash promo - did they really apply this after the fact and count it toward your down or was it a "gimmick" that they "worked into your deal"? Who sent it out, Nissan or the dealer? Did you present it to them AFTER you made your best deal or did you have to show it up front? I think you know what I mean.

I agreed upon the deal and price over the weekend and took home the car too. Came back today to just sign the papers. Over the weekend my wife received the $500 bonus cash in the mail ( I think from the dealer only, I had purchased my previous 2 cars from this dealer). I thought they may have already applied this because I was happy with my at the time monthly payment of roughly $178 month.

So when I came in today I just casually asked " hey this $500 bonus cash was added right?" The salesman said yeah it was added and then he walked off for about ten mins. He came back and said it wasn't added and asked me do I just want it added to lower my monthly payments?
I quickly said yesssss!

on the contract it is under the rebates section where the federal $7500 is it now shows $8000.
I signed and quickly drove away with papers and car.

Almaggy said:
Corina1231 said:
Almaggy said:

I agreed upon the deal and price over the weekend and took home the car too. Came back today to just sign the papers. Over the weekend my wife received the $500 bonus cash in the mail ( I think from the dealer only, I had purchased my previous 2 cars from this dealer). I thought they may have already applied this because I was happy with my at the time monthly payment of roughly $178 month.

So when I came in today I just casually asked " hey this $500 bonus cash was added right?" The salesman said yeah it was added and then he walked off for about ten mins. He came back and said it wasn't added and asked me do I just want it added to lower my monthly payments?
I quickly said yesssss!

on the contract it is under the rebates section where the federal $7500 is it now shows $8000.
I signed and quickly drove away with papers and car.

Sweeet! That's the way you want it to happen! Had you put it on the table up front you would have have likely never ended up with that nice deal!

I have monitored this site and can tell you that is the best deal on a base 2013 SV yet, VPP or no VPP. Congratulations!

I am leasing a Leaf 2013 S (no added packages) for $77/month out of pocket. $2,000 down, 24 months, 24,000 miles.
I was quoted $151/month out of pocket. Again, $2,000 down, 24 months with 24,000 miles on 2013 Leaf SV (no added packages).
I live in WI, and only the $7,500 Fed Tax Cr applies. I have phoned dealers all over the US looking for similar deals, but no luck. So, I am sure that I got a great deal.

I ordered GE 240 Level 2 Charger through Lowes for $755 plus tax.
My insurance is approx $850/yr with $250 deductible.

I was spending a little over $200/month on gas alone before I bought Leaf. For me leasing for $77 with 2,000 down made perfect sense. For my family Leaf is a great second car. My employer lets me charge at work if I am ever running low on battery.

For my last 2 cars, Altima and Leaf, I have negotiated over the phone and went down to the dealer to sign the papers and pick up the car. 99% of the dealers do not like negotiate over the phone, 'cos they are able to get more when you are on their premises.

My advice to those looking to lease/buy a 2013 Leaf. Do your research, be patient and negotiate hard? Nissan and the car dealer need your money more than you need the car.

Good Luck!

Ranjit

Great deal Ranjit, thanks for sharing! Interesting that they cut you such a great VPP deal on the S, but the SV price seems a little high for no extra options.

As far as the charger, that's about $140 less than the Lowes price online. Was that some special offer from your dealer or direct from Lowes?

Finally got one last night.
2013 Leaf SV with LED & quickcharge pckg. floor mat. black/black.
$580 out of pocket, $248.72/month including CA orange county tax. (23 payments)
24 month lease, 15k miles/year.
timhebb helped me a lot to get this deal, and I'm very satisfied with the deal.

Now I need to figure out which EVSE lv2 to get...
Trickle charge seems to take very long time indeed.

I'm also suprised that there aren't many used EVSE LV2 available on the internet, almost none.

Thank you all for sharing your information.

Which dealer did you get it from?

ttbbsolid said:

I'm also suprised that there aren't many used EVSE LV2 available on the internet, almost none.

ttbbsolid said:

Glad you are satisfied with your deal. Trying to negotiate with SoCal dealers appears to be a difficult endeavor.

ranjit399 said:
I am leasing a Leaf 2013 S (no added packages) for $77/month out of pocket. $2,000 down, 24 months, 24,000 miles.
I was quoted $151/month out of pocket. Again, $2,000 down, 24 months with 24,000 miles on 2013 Leaf SV (no added packages).
I live in WI, and only the $7,500 Fed Tax Cr applies. I have phoned dealers all over the US looking for similar deals, but no luck. So, I am sure that I got a great deal.

I ordered GE 240 Level 2 Charger through Lowes for $755 plus tax.
My insurance is approx $850/yr with $250 deductible.

I was spending a little over $200/month on gas alone before I bought Leaf. For me leasing for $77 with 2,000 down made perfect sense. For my family Leaf is a great second car. My employer lets me charge at work if I am ever running low on battery.

For my last 2 cars, Altima and Leaf, I have negotiated over the phone and went down to the dealer to sign the papers and pick up the car. 99% of the dealers do not like negotiate over the phone, 'cos they are able to get more when you are on their premises.

My advice to those looking to lease/buy a 2013 Leaf. Do your research, be patient and negotiate hard? Nissan and the car dealer need your money more than you need the car.

Good Luck!

Ranjit
Ranjit399, I agree with everything you posted. I had a very good experience leasing my 2012 Leaf SL online last October from the only dealer who agreed to go that route.

Your deal appears to be below dealer cost, which is unusual on the hot "S " model. In fact, it is far below the coveted VPP lease price! Could you break down ALL the numbers from your contract for us so we can see what you were able to do that no one on this board (even during the 2012 closeout) has done? Maybe we can identify where the rest of us can shave something to get to the same or similar deal.

Ranjit's deal is so good it's depressing, if you know what I mean - that is, I know I will NEVER be able to swing such an amazing deal, no matter how long or hard I grind. Just depressingly good...

Now I need a reality check from the hardcore number crunchers, ex-auto dealers and other such green visor types here. I decided to see if I could make any headway toward getting a 2013 model S w/charger package, AND trade in my 2011 SV. Glendale Nissan invited me to bring it in for appraisal (the way a spider invites a fly...)

45 minutes after walking into their showroom, and a few rounds of back and forth, I wound up with this offer: They take my 24-month old 2011 Leaf SV off my hands - there are 12 months remaining on the lease - and I make 23 payments @ $233 (includes tax) + $600 drive off for the 2013 S w/charger. My SV has some nasty scuffing from a concrete wall (don't ask) covering a big patch of the rear fender, so that is a factor. The payoff on it as of today is $19,049 per NMAC leasing.

It's very tempting to get out of the lease on the SV, as it does NOT have the fast charge port, and into the S which does, AND charges much faster with its 6.6kw/hr onboard charger. AND my monthly payment would decline from $395 to $233 = $162 savings per month.

In one sense, it's a no-brainer. BUT, I hate to think I'm leaving too much on the table. Am I? What say you grinders?

BTW, they let me walk out the door when I wouldn't budge from asking $225/mo. payments. They were very cordial, however. In general, the Glendale sales group are pretty humane.

Edit:

Hmmm...added incentive - my 2011 SV DMV renewal of $253 is due May 2nd. Would be nice NOT to pay it.

So my Nissan Delaership is got some weird math. I went in there willing to pay 249/month +taxes and fees, with no down payment for a SV, all I really want is Nav, Quick Charge and Rearview Camera. They came at me 3 times with numbers in the 350/month range with 3000 dp. I asked why is the federal credit not in there, but they keep insisting it is. I may not be getting a leaf with these kindof numbers.

Vehicle: 2013 NISSAN LEAF 17113 4dr HB SV
Stock #:
VIN: 1N4AZ0CP********
Miles: 58
PURCHASE OPTION
Vehicle Price: $34,300.00
Market Savings: - $1,814.00
SmartChoice Price: $32,486.00
COMPLIMENTARY 2 YEAR VCP: + $1.00
Vehicle Selling Price: $32,487.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,690.40
Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $27.20
Smog Fee: + $25.00
Dealer Handling Fee*: + $499.00
Balance Due (estimate): $35,728.60
No Trade-In
LEASE OPTIONS
Cash Due 24 months
Rebates: $7,500
12,000 Miles 36 months
12,000 Miles 39 months
12,000 Miles
$300 $332 $388 $375
$1,000 $297 $365 $353
$1,500 $273 $349 $338

This menu is provided to you, our customer, to assist you in better understanding the financial options available. Amounts above are ESTIMATES ONLY and may vary based on approved credit, applicable taxes, vehicle selection, trade value(s), estimated payoff, eligibility for rebates and other factors particular to your transaction. Final payments and terms may vary. Customer agrees to pay the difference, if any, in the amount of the trade lien payoff. * This charge represents costs and additional profit to the Dealer for items such as inspecting, cleaning and adjusting new and used vehicles

I also dont get why I have to pay a smog fee, but thats nominal.

mgodfre3 said:
I asked why is the federal credit not in there, but they keep insisting it is. I may not be getting a leaf with these kindof numbers.
[...]

Right there were it says $7500 rebate, that's your federal tax credit.

mgodfre3 said:
So my Nissan Delaership is got some weird math. I went in there willing to pay 249/month +taxes and fees, with no down payment for a SV, all I really want is Nav, Quick Charge and Rearview Camera. They came at me 3 times with numbers in the 350/month range with 3000 dp. I asked why is the federal credit not in there, but they keep insisting it is. I may not be getting a leaf with these kindof numbers.

Your offer was more than reasonable based on what others are getting across the country. Your dealer might want to hit a home run on you which is his right, I guess. Some dealers purposely hit you high so when you get them down you feel like you got a good deal. Or, for some reason, they were not treating you like a serious buyer. Or, there is some misunderstanding, since $3000 down and $350 a month is not a lease deal that has contemplated the $7500 tax credit that appears as a down payment on your contract. I leased an SL for far less than that. See a comp. deal posted 2 pages back:

Nissan SV (Cayenne Red) with QC and LED package + Floor mats.
12,000 miles/yr (for 24 months).
$0 down + 236/month (for 23 months) + 395 disposition fees.
Selling price including dest charges : 30400
Money factor : 0.002
Residual Value : 0.63
Total cost to lease for 24 months = $5823
cpm: 0.2426
Dealer: Sunnyvale Nissan.

timhebb said:
I decided to see if I could make any headway toward getting a 2013 model S w/charger package, AND trade in my 2011 SV. Glendale Nissan invited me to bring it in for appraisal (the way a spider invites a fly...)

45 minutes after walking into their showroom, and a few rounds of back and forth, I wound up with this offer: They take my 24-month old 2011 Leaf SV off my hands - there are 12 months remaining on the lease - and I make 23 payments @ $233 (includes tax) + $600 drive off for the 2013 S w/charger. My SV has some nasty scuffing from a concrete wall (don't ask) covering a big patch of the rear fender, so that is a factor. The payoff on it as of today is $19,049 per NMAC leasing.

It's very tempting to get out of the lease on the SV, as it does NOT have the fast charge port, and into the S which does, AND charges much faster with its 6.6kw/hr onboard charger. AND my monthly payment would decline from $395 to $233 = $162 savings per month.
Did you get $5,000 from the state back in 2011? Assuming you did, you now owe the state nearly $1,800, and they do have ways of getting their money. With that, you are paying roughly $2,400 for the privilege of reducing your next 12 lease payments by $162. It sounds to me like you end up $400 to $500 short.

Ray

iluvmacs said:
mgodfre3 said:
I asked why is the federal credit not in there, but they keep insisting it is. I may not be getting a leaf with these kindof numbers.
[...]

Right there were it says $7500 rebate, that's your federal tax credit.

The problem is, it wasnt figured into the monthly payment, if you do the math, I am paying the difference between the selling price and the est. 38% residual, not the sell price minus the fed. credit and the 38% residual.

Corina1231 said:
mgodfre3 said:

Vehicle: 2013 NISSAN LEAF 17113 4dr HB SV
Stock #:
VIN: 1N4AZ0CP********
Miles: 58
PURCHASE OPTION
Vehicle Price: $34,300.00
Market Savings: - $1,814.00
SmartChoice Price: $32,486.00
COMPLIMENTARY 2 YEAR VCP: + $1.00
Vehicle Selling Price: $32,487.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,690.40
Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $27.20
Smog Fee: + $25.00
Dealer Handling Fee*: + $499.00
Balance Due (estimate): $35,728.60
No Trade-In
LEASE OPTIONS
Cash Due 24 months
12,000 Miles 36 months
12,000 Miles 39 months
12,000 Miles
$300 $332 $388 $375
$1,000 $297 $365 $353
$1,500 $273 $349 $338

This menu is provided to you, our customer, to assist you in better understanding the financial options available. Amounts above are ESTIMATES ONLY and may vary based on approved credit, applicable taxes, vehicle selection, trade value(s), estimated payoff, eligibility for rebates and other factors particular to your transaction. Final payments and terms may vary. Customer agrees to pay the difference, if any, in the amount of the trade lien payoff. * This charge represents costs and additional profit to the Dealer for items such as inspecting, cleaning and adjusting new and used vehicles

Your offer was more than reasonable based on what others are getting across the country. Your dealer might want to hit a home run on you which is his right, I guess. Some dealers purposely hit you high so when you get them down you feel like you got a good deal. Or, for some reason, they were not treating you like a serious buyer. Or, there is some misunderstanding, since $3000 down and $350 a month is not a lease deal that has contemplated the $7500 tax credit that appears as a down payment on your contract. I leased an SL for far less than that. See a comp. deal posted 2 pages back:

Nissan SV (Cayenne Red) with QC and LED package + Floor mats.
12,000 miles/yr (for 24 months).
$0 down + 236/month (for 23 months) + 395 disposition fees.
Selling price including dest charges : 30400
Money factor : 0.002
Residual Value : 0.63
Total cost to lease for 24 months = $5823
cpm: 0.2426
Dealer: Sunnyvale Nissan.

Your deal is exactly what it would take for me to get into this car, and I thought I was more then fair asking for this. I refuse, REFUSE to pay a down payment on a lease, I am not paying for the privilege to rent the car, and they are making 7500 in profit right away, also the dealer told me a leaf counts as 2 units for them.

mgodfre3 said:
Your deal is exactly what it would take for me to get into this car, and I thought I was more then fair asking for this. I refuse, REFUSE to pay a down payment on a lease, I am not paying for the privilege to rent the car, and they are making 7500 in profit right away, also the dealer told me a leaf counts as 2 units for them.
here is the deal I got on my sv with no premium package, 24 months 1k down $279 plus sales taxes per month. I am in FLA and there aren't too many leafs up here in north fla, even the guys in GA who have inventory were hard pressed to match and then I would have to truck it down here.
have at it. I was dealing with a few dealers and a couple of them said I was getting a decent deal and to take it. YMMV

planet4ever said:
timhebb said:
I decided to see if I could make any headway toward getting a 2013 model S w/charger package, AND trade in my 2011 SV. Glendale Nissan invited me to bring it in for appraisal (the way a spider invites a fly...)

Did you get $5,000 from the state back in 2011? Assuming you did, you now owe the state nearly $1,800, and they do have ways of getting their money. With that, you are paying roughly $2,400 for the privilege of reducing your next 12 lease payments by $162. It sounds to me like you end up $400 to $500 short.

Ray
Thanks, Ray. I realized this not long after I posted. Then called Colin Santulli, CVRP Program Manager, which offers EV drivers the CARB rebate in California. He told me that I would be eligible again for the rebate (now $2,500) if I sign another 36-month lease. Since I would be returning my 2011 Leaf in 24 instead of 36 months, I'm responsible to pay back 1/3rd of the $5,000 rebate I received when I leased it.  He said he's heard from quite a few 2011 LEAFers in the same situation, and wants to help us as much as possible.

So, I've revised my strategy to do another 36-month lease to make it work for me. Terms are not as favorable as a 24-month lease, but the rebate will pay the "fine" and a bit more, and I will save paying the $254 DMV registration fee on the 2011 Leaf on May 2nd if I close a deal by end of month. Working with three or four dealers simultaneously to develop the best deal...

pgrokkos said:
Just got my first response with actual terms in New Jersey and wanted to see what I can realistically expect when I try and negotiate it.

I have not yet been into the dealership yet or pressed on pricing, simply an email inquiry as to when they will have a 2013 SL in stock, any color, and lease terms for 12k and 24 months.

The response was "on a 24 month 12,000 mile/year lease your monthly payment would be $339 monthly. This is also worked up with $0 out of pocket. The selling price of the vehicle is $34,000.00."

I plan on following up in person in next couple of days, but wanted to see what I should realistically expect to pay here. Assuming that there is a $395 disposition fee included here, but otherwise, it is simply $0 down (other than first month payment which I'm including in subsequent total) and $339/m x 24 for a total out of pocket of $8,136 plus $395 disposition fee (plus taxes, title, etc.). I'm also assuming at the "$34k" selling price, that means it is an SL with no major extras beyond maybe floor matts to the sticker price.

I do not have VPP or loyalty, so using the table helpfully provided on page 20/21 of this forum, it looks like $426/m at full sticker or $280 at VPP is the range I should be targeting. So best case is if I can get to VPP rate (which I am not qualified for), $6,720 plus tax/fees and disposition fee, vs their initial offer of $8,136 plus the same or a $1,400 difference, plus whether I can get them to drop the disposition fee or not.

So my guess is that if I can out of there at $300/m for $7200 total out of pocket plus tax/fees and let them keep the disposition fee language in there, I should be happy with the deal. Am I reading this correctly? Thanks for the advice.

Hi all - finally made it to my local dealer. Seems like a few Leafs are starting to appear in NJ.

Dealer confirmed the following deal on a 2013 Leaf SL for a 24 month lease with 12k miles with the only extra options being matts, splash guards and a first aid kit - sticker price $36,080.

$0 at drive off (all fees, registration, title, etc. rolled into the lease price)
$339/m for 24M = $8,136
$395 disposition fee which they would waive if I buy a new Nissan

There are no taxes on EVs in NJ they tell me.

Going back to EVNow's helpful numbers, looks like I"m close to the VPP range (I'm not a VPP or loyalty). I walked out without pushing on the price because we disagreed on my trade in value of my Prius. But I think its a pretty good deal already. I had hoped to get down to $300 a month under same terms or $7,200 total but would probably settle for something below the $327/m price or ~$7,800. I'm keeping the $395 disposition fee separate but know its there. Part of my rationalization centers on no NJ sales tax.

Thoughts on whether I should be pushing for a better deal than that? They are just starting to appear at a couple of NJ dealerships and haven't tried to play them off yet, but I think this seems like a pretty fair deal already given what I've seen on this board.

Back