Window Tinting With Formula One

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdgog

I'm getting tinting tomorrow and am going through last minute doubts...any advice would be appreciated. I bought the Glacier Pearl and can't decide between these F1 options:
A) 30% all windows AND 50% on front windshield (shhhh!)--which should minimize light in cabin thus making it slightly darker and uniform throughout.
B) 15% all windows AND AirBlue (clear) on front windshield--which will allow more light in, thus brightening the interior.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips.

Consider having good, safe visibility to the sides and rear (and front)
at night in a dark parking lot, parking structure, field, or swamp.

Here, any tint over the whole windshield is illegal, but that
issue might not be a concern in your case.

pdgog said:
I'm getting tinting tomorrow and am going through last minute doubts...any advice would be appreciated. I bought the Glacier Pearl and can't decide between these F1 options:
A) 30% all windows AND 50% on front windshield (shhhh!)--which should minimize light in cabin thus making it slightly darker and uniform throughout.
B) 15% all windows AND AirBlue (clear) on front windshield--which will allow more light in, thus brightening the interior.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips.
Well, it's now the end of "tomorrow" so this may be useless, but: if your LEAF has a light color interior (my black LEAF has a light tan interior), you may want to consider one shade dark than the legal limit. My LEAF has a tint of the legal limit, which appears too light because of the interior's light color.

Alright. I went ahead with 30% on all windows, and 50% on front windshield. It looks darker in the pic than it really is (but I guess that all depends on the time of day, doesn't it?). I like the look, and I don't' think my vision is impaired at all. Significantly cooler when I got in the car after work though. As everyone knows, less AC=more range.

Newly Tinted 2 by pdgog, on Flickr

Back