DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15878
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:40 am

so this update can only be done at dealer? how long is it?
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 25,047 mi, 92.12% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
davewill
Posts: 5083
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, US

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:41 am

DaveinOlyWA wrote:... how long is it?
That's a rather personal question...
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

edatoakrun
Posts: 5222
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 am
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184
Location: Shasta County, North California

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:54 am

DaveinOlyWA wrote:so this update can only be done at dealer? how long is it?
The service manager said it was 45 minutes under warranty, and complained that it took over an hour.

It was the tech's first try, and he was working from a rather long printout of the "firmware update" procedure.
no condition is permanent

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15878
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:15 am

hmmm. can it be done while charging? if so, i might do it while on run to Seattle. get update and boost at same time... but then again, probably not.

i think i wait till my battery check.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 25,047 mi, 92.12% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edatoakrun
Posts: 5222
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 am
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184
Location: Shasta County, North California

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:45 am

Before you have this update done, you may want to check a day’s odometer miles against the same day's CW “miles driven” daily report, as well as another source, and re-check the same after the update.

I suspect Carwings was actually wrong from delivery, and understated mileage by the same 2.5 % as I have seen since the update, and that I just never noticed this relatively small discrepancy.

This could also explain the similar (identical?) 2.5% discrepancy between “dash” and “screen” miles/kWh, which have remained the same on my car, both before and after the update.

Meaning the higher screen number (4.4 m/kWh screen, 4.3 m/kWh dash, on my car since delivery) rather than the dash, may be correct.

(edit)
Last edited by edatoakrun on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no condition is permanent

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15878
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:02 pm

edatoakrun wrote:Before you have this update done, you may want to check a day’s odometer miles against the same day's CW “miles driven” daily report, as well as another source, and re-check the same after the update.

I suspect my odometer was actually wrong from delivery, understated mileage by the same 2.5 % as I have seen since the update, and that I just never noticed this relatively small discrepancy.

This could also explain the similar (identical?) 2.5% discrepancy between “dash” and “screen” miles/kWh, which have remained the same on my car, both before and after the update.

Meaning the higher screen number (4.4 m/kWh screen, 4.3 m/kWh dash, on my car since delivery) rather than the dash, may be correct.

been there, done that. i immediately compared the odometer measurements against two GPS systems and the two Priuses i had and there was virtually no difference between them. i am pretty sure, car manufacturers are under pretty strict guidelines for accuracy of the odometer. they do have "allowances for error" on the speedometer but odometer needs to be relatively accurate.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 25,047 mi, 92.12% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edatoakrun
Posts: 5222
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 am
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184
Location: Shasta County, North California

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:58 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
edatoakrun wrote:Before you have this update done, you may want to check a day’s odometer miles against the same day's CW “miles driven” daily report, as well as another source, and re-check the same after the update.

I suspect my odometer was actually wrong from delivery, understated mileage by the same 2.5 % as I have seen since the update, and that I just never noticed this relatively small discrepancy.

This could also explain the similar (identical?) 2.5% discrepancy between “dash” and “screen” miles/kWh, which have remained the same on my car, both before and after the update.

Meaning the higher screen number (4.4 m/kWh screen, 4.3 m/kWh dash, on my car since delivery) rather than the dash, may be correct.

been there, done that. i immediately compared the odometer measurements against two GPS systems and the two Priuses i had and there was virtually no difference between them. i am pretty sure, car manufacturers are under pretty strict guidelines for accuracy of the odometer. they do have "allowances for error" on the speedometer but odometer needs to be relatively accurate.
Sorry for my error in the post above. It is Carwings "miles driven", not my odometer, that is incorrect. As wrote on 9/11 in this thread:
I rechecked 2 other recent drives of 85-105 miles and each time CW has erred, under-reporting distance traveled, as compared with both my odometer and Google Maps, by 2.5%, +/- 0.1%.
no condition is permanent

JohnOver
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:06 pm
Delivery Date: 24 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 4232
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains near Hwy 17 & Summit Rd
Contact: Website

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:52 am

I'm at Santa Cruz Nissan (where I bought my LEAF) getting my 6-month checkup. They were not going to do the firmware update if I didn't ask about it. When the tech did a search, all he found was the TSB that was about Carwings not communicating at all. Thanks to this forum (and this thread), he was able to find it and print out all 38 pages of it, and get started. We will see how long it's going to take...

I thought that this firmware update was supposed to be done on all LEAFs that are before a certain VIN?
2011 LEAF (Silver SL+QC) - 6/24/11 (on 2/3/08 reserved an Aptera 2e #372)
AV EVSE, plus Ingineer's 240V upgrade, and a fist full of adapters
Other cars: '05 Honda Accord Hybrid, '96 Honda Odyssey
6.5 kW PV, making ~24 kWh per day (average).

User avatar
linkim
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: Silicon Valley

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:22 am

JohnOver wrote:Thanks to this forum (and this thread), he was able to find it and print out all 38 pages of it, and get started. We will see how long it's going to take...
When I took my LEAF in for the 6-month inspection, the Nissan dealer where I bought the vehicle could not give me a clear answer on the update (TSD11-041). So I took the LEAF to another dealer and they quickly found the update and did the job with no hassle. I suspect there is a large divide between LEAF-knowledgeable dealers and those that have little knowledge or poor customer service, IMHO. I agree with Johnover, if I didn't follow the information from MNL, I could have easily missed information on upgrades, since my dealer or Nissan did not give me any TSB alerts.
LEAF SL + QC
Reserved: 4/20/10
Received: April 19, 1 year after reservation

thankyouOB
Posts: 3583
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:14 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1442
Location: Coastal LA

Re: My carwings energy numbers - CORRECT post NTB11-041 upd

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:30 am

I had a CarWings issue that spanned the period when I was in the dealership for the tire rotation and to have my heater checked.
The CS folks did NOT tell me anything about the need to update th TCU or the CWs until after the dealer visit.

The dealer had NO idea that either needed to be done and so it will wait till the battery check in April. I complained loudly to CS that Nissan should make the dealership aware of the need to do these software fixes. Why should I have to read this website to get necessary service?
may reserve/delivery 4/30/11
--
ECOtality/LADWP/ Blink 4/4/11
--
Gardena Nissan, msrp -1k
red SL with etec L3
SOLAR POWERED since 2008

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”