cwerdna
Posts: 12006
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:36 pm

CODA ENERGY
Up from the ashes of Coda Automotive:
http://www.lacar.com/?p=18674" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

smkettner
Posts: 7501
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:21 pm

Maybe CODA energy storage business could make a replacement LEAF battery ;)
1 bar lost at 21,451 miles, 16 months.
2 bar lost at 35,339 miles, 25 months.
LEAF traded at 45,400 miles for a RAV4-EV
RAV4 traded in for I-Pace Dec 2018

cwerdna
Posts: 12006
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 am

I saw one on the road in Cupertino at night, a few weeks ago. It was near the 85C Bakery. Sightings of them are very rare.

Here's where 5 of them ended up: http://cleantechies.com/2014/08/26/wher ... da-evs-go/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

cwerdna
Posts: 12006
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:11 am

I got a Google alert for coda today for this http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/11/10/ ... 0/773/385/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Since the article is about http://www.ethoscarshare.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I just had to LOL at what http://ethoscarshare.com/learn/our-cars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; proclaims!
eThos is amassing a fleet of the best electric cars made in 2013: The Coda Electric Sedan.

The Coda was the only American-made, all-electric, 5-passenger sedan produced in 2013...
Huh?

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15635
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:18 am

cwerdna wrote:I got a Google alert for coda today for this http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/11/10/ ... 0/773/385/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Since the article is about http://www.ethoscarshare.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I just had to LOL at what http://ethoscarshare.com/learn/our-cars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; proclaims!
eThos is amassing a fleet of the best electric cars made in 2013: The Coda Electric Sedan.

The Coda was the only American-made, all-electric, 5-passenger sedan produced in 2013...
Huh?
"the only??"
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 19,653 mi, 93.47% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GlennD
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 May 2013
Leaf Number: 410357
Location: Anaheim

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:54 pm

One of my local users came by with his CODA and a JuiceBox Deluxe. The JuiceBox said on my Nick Sayer simulator that it was set for 16A. I measured it at 29A. It seems to me that the built in charger does not follow the J1772 spec. It is a 30A charger and that's what you get. To hell with the specs.
:
2013 Pearl White SL Premium
Traded for a Cirrus White 2014 Mercedes B (totaled)
2016 Urano Gray eGolf SEL w/ drive assist
Loved the VW but it sat too low for my old body
Back to a Cirrus White 2017 B250e
White Ioniq limited.It sits just fine

cwerdna
Posts: 12006
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:18 am

I just realized that PR piece at http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/11/10/ ... /385/&rh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says
The nation’s first operational, all-electric car share service launched in Golden, Colo
Really? I don't think that's right either.

AFAIK, the US DriveNow fleet (https://us.drive-now.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) was all-electric for a time, if isn't still. Their cars were solely BMW ActiveE's and they were supposed to add some i3's in the fleet (not sure if they'd add the BEV or REx versions).

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

JasonA
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 10:16 am
Delivery Date: 04 May 2013
Location: Sylmar, CA

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:20 pm

GlennD wrote:One of my local users came by with his CODA and a JuiceBox Deluxe. The JuiceBox said on my Nick Sayer simulator that it was set for 16A. I measured it at 29A. It seems to me that the built in charger does not follow the J1772 spec. It is a 30A charger and that's what you get. To hell with the specs.
You mean Rick?

I don't know how many local Coda guys we have? :lol:

Howdy CodaRick! ;)
2012 10kw Dual LQ cooled Brusa powered Leaf "Astro"
13kw Enphase System,SolarWorld Panels, QuickMountPV- ALL USA!!
2014 Rav4 "SuperRav"with JdeMO (CHAdeMO)
2015 MS-70D

mbender
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 am
Delivery Date: 31 Aug 2014
Leaf Number: 309606
Location: The Great California Delta, and environs

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
cwerdna wrote:I got a Google alert for coda today for this http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/11/10/ ... 0/773/385/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Since the article is about http://www.ethoscarshare.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I just had to LOL at what http://ethoscarshare.com/learn/our-cars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; proclaims!
eThos is amassing a fleet of the best electric cars made in 2013: The Coda Electric Sedan.

The Coda was the only American-made, all-electric, 5-passenger sedan produced in 2013...
Huh?
"the only??"
American-made??
I think I just felt my paradigm shift.

2012 SL (One of the colors): 2-year lease, 2012+,
2015 S w/QC (A different color): 3-year lease, 2014+,
2017 SV (Same color as 2015 S): 3-year lease, 2017+, lower monthly than either above(!)

cwerdna
Posts: 12006
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Official Coda Electric Car thread

Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:28 am

^^^
Well... sorta... The glider, including interior bits were an adapted Hafei Saibao. The rest of the car was assembled in Benicia, CA using bits as mentioned at http://codacars.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, including Chinese batteries.

From https://web.archive.org/web/20130111184 ... formation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where is the CODA made?

The CODA is final assembled in California and features components and subsystems manufactured all over the world. The majority of the vehicle’s key electric drive components, such as the motor, transaxle and on-board charger, have been sourced from major U.S. manufacturers, including UQM, Borg-Warner, Delphi, Nexteer Automotive® and Lear.

The glider (body of the car), batteries and battery pack are the largest vehicle elements and they are made in China in a facility we lease and operate in China, where over 35 CODA engineers maintain strict control over quality and safety. Following this process, we ship these parts to Northern California (Benicia, CA) to install the energy storage system, and complete vehicle assembly. Final inspection and quality assurance processes take place and the U.S. VIN is applied in our Benicia facility.

Who manufactures the battery?

A joint venture between CODA and Lishen, one of the world’s top producers of rechargeable lithium-ion cells– and a supplier to Motorola®, Samsung®, Apple®, and many other electronics and power tool manufacturers, in Tianjin, China.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “Other Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrids”