DTC info

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eacook1

Hello all. I have a 2016 that has an upgraded 40kw pack that was installed under warranty. This new pack has about 80k on it now and I just notice some weird stuff happening. Under heavy load at freeway speeds, going up hill the battery % indicator will drop 5% or more in a matter of 5-10 seconds. As soon as I crest the hill and get a little regen it will immediately gain back most of what was lost. Anyone have an idea what’s going on? My old pack did this same thing but it was down to 8 bars of capacity. This pack still has 12.

Does anyone know if I should be worried about any of these codes?

I decided to buy LeafSpy Pro and am learning how to read it.

Battery SOH is 87.72 and max Voltage difference is 18mV

Attachments

• IMG_5990.png
    IMG_5990.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 1
After even more searching and reading the sudden percentage drop in the battery is likely 1 or more weak cells. If I have leafspy running when this happens I should see it?

I am still curious about all the codes I am getting.

Seems like with DTC codes at one time the car noticed an issue or pending issue and stored it. If your check engine light is not on then most likely none of those are a problem.

Last edited:
After even more searching and reading the sudden percentage drop in the battery is likely 1 or more weak cells. If I have leafspy running when this happens I should see it?

I am still curious about all the codes I am getting.
Switch to the voltage histogram and make some screenshots under heavy load and heavy regen. If there's a weak cell, you'll be able to spot that real easy.

Back