Will my tire and wheels fit? ( from 2009 prius touring)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morglum

Hi everyone,
I have a canadian 2009 prius touring and am considering switching to an american 2013 nissan sl. The tires are 195/55r16 .

I have invested in very good 1000$ hakkapelita winter tires last year and I was wondering if I could install them on the leaf? I can bring the wheels over if it helps.

Thanks,

Morglum said:
Hi everyone,
I have a canadian 2009 prius touring and am considering switching to an american 2013 nissan sl. The tires are 195/55r16 .

I have invested in very good 1000$ hakkapelita winter tires last year and I was wondering if I could install them on the leaf? I can bring the wheels over if it helps.

Thanks,
No, the wheels will not fit. Nissan has a larger bolt pattern.

Too bad. Can I save the tires by installing them on nissan wheels?

Thanks

Edit: thanks for,replying!

The tires are a size smaller than Nissan OEM 16", but for snow tires that isn't a deal breaker. Just make sure that you inflate them to more than the 36psi on the door label.

That is what I was hoping to hear. - thanks!

Would it be a deal breaker for 4 season tires? My summer tires a bridgestone ecopia, same size and low use too.

Morglum said:
That is what I was hoping to hear. - thanks!

Would it be a deal breaker for 4 season tires? My summer tires a bridgestone ecopia, same size and low use too.

If you drive it gently, and don't mind your Leaf handing like a Prius, it should be ok. ;-) The only real risks would be high speed sustained driving and hard cornering. Even with the latter, you'd just get less grip.

Shots fired against the prius handling! Fair enough :)

I will probably buy more steelies and keep all tires. I have another set of chezp tires that came with the prius, glad to be able to sell ot with them and keep the good tires :)

Back