Who in AZ Ordered a Leaf from an AZ Dealer on 8/31?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for everyone's input. So the delivery of vehicles will be based on on order submission date and time. This is why I started this thread was to find out who in Arizona ordered on 8/31 as I believe they will take delivery in AZ sometime in December. The original reservation back in April allowed you to be the first to place an order and so on. It just seems some people are very stuck on their original date and time they placed the reservation. However, what I am now interested in is when you placed the actual order! That will determine your delivery time. If you have not placed your order by now, I would doubt three is a snowballs chance in hell you will receive a vehicle before March.

Timaz said:
Thanks so much for everyone's input. So the delivery of vehicles will be based on on order submission date and time. This is why I started this thread was to find out who in Arizona ordered on 8/31 as I believe they will take delivery in AZ sometime in December. The original reservation back in April allowed you to be the first to place an order and so on. It just seems some people are very stuck on their original date and time they placed the reservation. However, what I am now interested in is when you placed the actual order! That will determine your delivery time. If you have not placed your order by now, I would doubt three is a snowballs chance in hell you will receive a vehicle before March.

How much you wanna bet? I'll take you up on that. I haven't ordered, but I will bet you my LEAF will be delivered in Dec. or Jan. at the latest. How much? And that previous poster is confused. Again, Yvonne, the CS Sup, EVP, and the dealers ALL have said it will be by reservation date, not order date. But since you know more than they do about it, put up some. :) I think you're just upset (and can't stand it if we receive our cars before you...lol), because you know we received a hell of a better deal than you.

The mossy dealer just said delivery is based on order date. In any case, it sounds like many agree on this. I do not need to bet on this since I have already ordered, it's a no brainer for me. The smart bet will be when you actually receive your car if or when you can order? However, I will have long driven away with mine. It's great that you got such a wonderful deal, however, I guess you really haven't yet as you have not even went through the rfq process yet.

Anyway, back on topic. Other Az people that have ordered?

leaffan said:
Timaz said:

How much you wanna bet? I'll take you up on that. I haven't ordered, but I will bet you my LEAF will be delivered in Dec. or Jan. at the latest. How much? And that previous poster is confused. Again, Yvonne, the CS Sup, EVP, and the dealers ALL have said it will be by reservation date, not order date. But since you know more than they do about it, put up some. :) I think you're just upset (and can't stand it if we receive our cars before you...lol), because you know we received a hell of a better deal than you.

L.F. I would bet you are correct on your delivery unless there are production or shipping issues.

Reservation date and time: April 20 at about 3:15 Tucson time.

Order date: September 7 at 1:18 pm

I'm over wanting delivery to be in December. It would be fun to have it during the holiday break from work and the almost immediate tax credit would be good, but I can use the tax credit in 2011. I'll be retiring in 2011 and will get a lump sum check for about 90 unused sick days. The $7,500 tax credit would off set the extra taxes that will create.

What happens, happens. There is no way I can convince Nissan to hurry up my delivery.

Congrats in your retirement! Great to heat about another Az order that is pending delivery ! Hopefully , we will get some delivery dates in our dashboard soon! Anyone know when we could expect to see that?

Timaz said:
Congrats in your retirement! Great to heat about another Az order that is pending delivery ! Hopefully , we will get some delivery dates in our dashboard soon! Anyone know when we could expect to see that?

LOL, the impatient one. Use a little common sense/intelligence and realize that there will be no production dates or delivery dates until at least ALL the customers who want to order have had their Aug./Sept. orders in. I've never seen ANYONE so selfish and arrogant on here as you Tim. Sorry, but if the shoe fits...your jealousy is getting in the way of your decency.

Why are you so upset? Why would I be jealous? Please grow up and have some fun with all this. Life is too short really. I respect all opinions on here and hope you can respect mine.

Peace

leaffan said:
LOL, the impatient one. Use a little common sense/intelligence and realize that there will be no production dates or delivery dates until at least ALL the customers who want to order have had their Aug./Sept. orders in. I've never seen ANYONE so selfish and arrogant on here as you Tim. Sorry, but if the shoe fits...your jealousy is getting in the way of your decency.

YIKES! leaffan, calm down. What is with the attack? What are you so angry about? I've noticed your comments in other topics can be sharp and critical. Let's get along here.

Your response to Tim is not how members behave. Please, chill out. We will all get our LEAFs in due time. The person who gets theirs the earliest is not the winner.

What's the point of this thread? If I had to venture a guess, I would say that Timaz is under the misperception that if you live in AZ and placed an order with an AZ dealer you would have some sort of advantage in getting the LEAF earlier. Do I have that right? If I have that wrong, then please define what the point is.
Timaz said:
No offense to anyone that went out of state, but I think you will be part if a different allotment so not really interested in this details. Peace.
If I have that right, then Timaz would be mistaken. Nissan allocated cars to individuals, not to dealers. They do not care where you placed your order. Your priority was determined many months ago. Those in AZ who managed a great deal out of state, TWO THUMBS WAY UP!

By the way...
Timaz said:
Thanks for defending me Rich.
What are ya, a fourth grader? Oh and I guess the protocol is that if you're being a passive aggressive jerk, you should sign off with "peace"... So peace.

Skywagon said:
JasonT nailed it.

The Leaf is one of the first cars to be alloted to the buyer and not a specific dealer. We are all in line with our allotment and have chosen where we want the car to be delivered based on who would give us a price we could agree upon. We were chosen based on where we live (address used when we made a reservation) and when we put in our reservation; not based upon a specific dealer.

Due to this post being confusing I ask that the moderators either lock, delete, or change this post so that is has a title more appropriate to the discussion desired.

The method of allocation may soon change to the more traditional method of allocation for future orders. There is a reason the stopped taking reservations and it is not because they are "sold out". But that is another story and it won't impact early orders.

Here is a surprise.

State tax
Bought out of state 6.6%
Bought instate 7.3%

Scottsdale tax
Bought out of state 1.45%
Bought instate 1.65

I was also told the tax was on the amount that you pay after the $7,500 income tax credit. so if all the information that I received is correct, you save about (34,000-7500)*.009= $238 by buying out of state, which can pay for some or all of the shipping.

Desertstraw said:
I was also told the tax was on the amount that you pay after the $7,500 income tax credit.
Sorry to be a skeptic ... but that doesn't sound right. How would they know whether you even qualify for the $7,500, since it's taxable income dependent. And also, it's a Federal, not a State "thing" ... (Although many states just take the federal taxable or AGI onto their forms.)

LEAFer said:
Desertstraw said:
I was also told the tax was on the amount that you pay after the $7,500 income tax credit.
Sorry to be a skeptic ... but that doesn't sound right. How would they know whether you even qualify for the $7,500, since it's taxable income dependent. And also, it's a Federal, not a State "thing" ... (Although many states just take the federal taxable or AGI onto their forms.)

I spoke with the Dept. of Revenue about a lease which gives you the full $7,500.

Desertstraw said:
State tax
Bought out of state 6.6%
Bought instate 7.3%

Scottsdale tax
Bought out of state 1.45%
Bought instate 1.65
Is that state tax for Arizona, or for where you bought it? Wouldn't you have to pay state tax in the state where you bought it, if you shipped it to Arizona after the purchase?

Desertstraw said:
LEAFer said:
Desertstraw said:

I spoke with the Dept. of Revenue about a lease which gives you the full $7,500.
Oops ... sorry. :oops: Your wording had me thinking you were talking purchase, not lease.

Back