What are your lease terms?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I have never leased a vehicle before, having always purchased in the past. The Leaf will be the first exception to my rule for a variety of reasons...

However, I've seen what seem to me to be some odd numbers on four year leases. Logic and economics would seem to dictate that the monthly lease cost on a four year lease should be less than a three year lease. However, some of the numbers I have seen thrown around indicate just the opposite with the four year lease being the same price or even more expensive than the three.

Since I am considering a four year lease, I'd be interesting in hearing more on the numbers for these from those in the know or have inquired in to it.

mogur said:
Since I am considering a four year lease, I'd be interesting in hearing more on the numbers for these from those in the know or have inquired in to it.
Checkout the spreadsheet posted in the lease sticky. You can vary the terms and get an idea of the lease amount.

Thanks. Can you point me to that thread, please.

evnow said:
mogur said:
Checkout the spreadsheet posted in the lease sticky. You can vary the terms and get an idea of the lease amount.

mogur said:

mogur, I have inquired with my PD on a 4yr lease and the monthly payment was definitely lower. I left my notes at home today but they were somewhere around $375 including the tax.

mogur said:
evnow said:
I just added some minor corrections at the end of that sticky: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1067&start=82

Four years is a long lease. I know it may be attractive because of the lower payment but the most I'd lease for is three years. Even less, if possible.

Thanks! The spreadsheet makes comparisons easy. And the numbers it generating make more sense than some of the ones I have seen bandied about...

LEAFer said:
mogur said:
evnow said:
I just added some minor corrections at the end of that sticky: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1067&start=82

Actually, monthly payments have little bearing on it for me. There are a number of other considerations in my case.

Train said:
Four years is a long lease. I know it may be attractive because of the lower payment but the most I'd lease for is three years. Even less, if possible.

Two years is probably too short to really get a good feel for how the battery capacity will perform in the long run. Four years is kind of long, and the bumper-to-bumper won't be there in your final year. But if you plan to do Buy-Out 4 years works just as well. The incremental cost (see the new CA specific LeaseDecision spreadsheet) is not all that much.

LEAFer said:
Two years is probably too short to really get a good feel for how the battery capacity will perform in the long run. Four years is kind of long, and the bumper-to-bumper won't be there in your final year.
I've been toying with a 4 year lease. Might be useful to postpone by a year since we need to replace our other ICE in a couple of years. Also in 4 years I expect gen 2 Leaf to be out. But not having bumper to bumper is something to think about.

3 years 15,000 miles $10,000 down, payments $162.11 risidual $15,694.80

Ok at charlies safari with kid. So any other questions let me know

DaveinOlyWA said:
3 years 15,000 miles $10,000 down, payments $162.11 risidual $15,694.80

Ok at charlies safari with kid. So any other questions let me know
What money factor did you get this time ?

Dk. It does not say. Cap cost was $34,565 after $595 acquisition fee. 211.50 reg fee 150 document fee and 2.50 for some thing else....

DaveinOlyWA said:
Dk. It does not say. Cap cost was $34,565 after $595 acquisition fee. 211.50 reg fee 150 document fee and 2.50 for some thing else....
Are you saying they do not have to tell your interest/money factor rate? Call and ask then please report back OK

$150 purchase and u r right doc fee is high and discussed at length at PC. cali doc fee being $50 is better but..

I had credit rating of 808 which they are required to tell me and they said igor the best rate available

DaveinOlyWA said:
$150 purchase and u r right doc fee is high and discussed at length at PC. cali doc fee being $50 is better but..

I had credit rating of 808 which they are required to tell me and they said igor the best rate available

What is your social security number again?

DaveinOlyWA said:
I'll have to see the whole sheet - but I can't get the numbers you specify with the best rate.

evnow said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
I'll have to see the whole sheet - but I can't get the numbers you specify with the best rate.

My credit score was 808 as well. And the "best" rate I could get for a 48 month lease was .00329 (7.90%). My dealer stated on the lease, they had no way of adjusting the money factor. Since I have supper low financing through my work, I changed from a lease to purchase.

Interesting since my dealer is telling me that it will be no more than 4.9% (.00204) for my lease, be it 36, 39 or 48 months. I'm Tier 0 (800+) credit also.

DaveinOlyWA said:
My credit score was 808 as well. And the "best" rate I could get for a 48 month lease was .00329 (7.90%). My dealer stated on the lease, they had no way of adjusting the money factor. Since I have supper low financing through my work, I changed from a lease to purchase.

Back