Unable to Restart after using AC (was AC causes failure)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too was finally able to get into the system for #404. To perhaps clarify further:
I turned on the LEAF just like I was going to drive. The EVSE was not connected.
The LEAF was in Park.
The audio system was off.
Then press the MAP 3 times.
The audio power button 2 times.
Then MAP 1 time.
Then selected the "Version Information".

What I got was this:
Boot Ware (NK1):108
Application (NK2):108
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:030
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C230
Voice Recognition Engine:925-123-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-PS2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001080
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001026
Part Number:3NA0A
XM Satellite Radio Software:012
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3NA0000622
Map Version:10/08/12/01

Like Jimmydreams, with Part #3NA0A, I have had no problem.

It would be interesting to know what version people have that broke down, and what version Nissan installed to fix the problem.

I didn't actually have a complete failure like the others, but Nissan CS wanted me to get this update asap.

Perhaps they know which cars have the rev. C software, and are contacting them first ?

I am still a little concerned that my local dealership, doing this the first time, installed B when they should have installed C.

Anyone here who had the system lock down, and got the software update, care to tell us which rev they are on now?

Have all those who've been affected confirmed that they had the "C" software? I just checked and our Leaf is a "B" with delivery date of 3/28, just around the time that this problem arose. Odd that some would have C and others B during very similar delivery timeframes in the same general delivery locales.

AndyN said:
Have all those who've been affected confirmed that they had the "C" software? I just checked and our Leaf is a "B" with delivery date of 3/28, just around the time that this problem arose. Odd that some would have C and others B during very similar delivery timeframes in the same general delivery locales.
Not so odd, the changeover had to happen at some point, and there are plenty of opportunities for cars to be delayed and cause overlap of versions. The odd part is that the fault manifested so quickly and easily in the field, yet they didn't catch this in testing.

Our March 26 delivery, VIN 668, is also a "B" and we have had no problems. We've only used the A/C a couple of times, but it's been on several times with defrost. We've preconditioned once.

ERG4ALL said:
Like Jimmydreams, with Part #3NA0A, I have had no problem.

Add me to the "A" Team. ;)

BTW, sequence to get in and look is:

Car power to first Aux position (so start button once without your foot on brake)
Audio system power off
Rapid push of Map button 3 times
Rapid push of Audio System Power button twice
Push Map button once more

Then you're looking for Confirmation/Adjustment in the resulting screen and then Version Information in the screen following that selection.

DarkStar said:
The only diagnostics screen I'm aware of is in the navigation system:

1. Turn LEAF power on.
2. Turn audio system off.
3. Press "MAP" 3 times.
4. Press "PWR" 2 times.
5. Press "MAP" 1 time.

Enjoy!

Sounds something like the 2-0-7-XM diagnostic screen on the old XM Skyfi receivers. It added a couple really useful screens to the Skyfi's sequence of screens, so I got into the habit of using that sequence instead of the power on button!

Mine in order displayed
N k 1: 064
BT C 230
925-123-000
5.0.0.3-ps-p2
3na0a
3na0000622
map version. 10/08/12/01

I notice some of mine are different

garygid said:
These Diagnostic screens can also be entered
while you are charging, from the first Accessory Mode:
Foot not on brake, press On button once.
That's how I've always entered the screen. I figured that since the service manual stated "On" that they didn't mean "Ready" (foot on brake, and On button).

Leafers,
Whew!! I just finished the 54th page (complimentary to the baseball game, I had one eye on).
My first thoughts were... You're traveling through another dimension a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind, a journey into a wondrous land who's boundaries are that of imagination, your next stop... The Twilight Zone...
I think the members here figured out the problem faster than the US dealers and they are embarrassed... some even
peeved... I don't think some dealers realize how fast and how much info is available to the masses... They will almost always underestimate us...
M

Vin # 215, delivered 1/19/11; No A/C problems.

Boot Ware (NK1) 064
Application (NK2) 064
Audio Unit Software 067
CAN uCOM Software 018
Front Display Software 030
BOLERO Software 00.05
Bluetooth Firmware C230
Voice Recognition Engine 925-123-000
Voice Synthesis Engine 5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version 00001080
Voice Synthesis Data Version 00003000
Record Data Version 00001026
Part Number 3NA0A
XM Satellite Radio Software 012
Switch Software 030000
TCU Software 3NA0000622
Map Version 10/08/12/01

I thought it was reported that replacing the firmware (presumably "C" with the older "B" version) is no longer being recommended.

It appears that this A/C-triggered "problem" occurs in version "B" (3NA0B).

So, we wait for more info from the Nissan techs.

Can anybody describe the process used to "re-write" the firmware?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/9590297

TOKYO, April 11 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co has received reports of instances in which owners of its Leaf electric car were unable to restart the vehicle and is looking into the exact cause, a spokesman said on Monday.

Japan's No.2 automaker said it traced the problem back to the vehicle's air-conditioning unit but is uncertain whether it was a component in the system or the programming.

Nissan plans no recall for now since the issue does not affect safety, the spokesman said. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Edmund Klamann)

Reuters have also picked it up. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/11/nissan-leaf-idUSL3E7FB0BC20110411
Not really "news". We all knew of this two weeks ago. It's sort of "old news".

evnow said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/9590297

TOKYO, April 11 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co has received reports of instances in which owners of its Leaf electric car were unable to restart the vehicle and is looking into the exact cause, a spokesman said on Monday.

Japan's No.2 automaker said it traced the problem back to the vehicle's air-conditioning unit but is uncertain whether it was a component in the system or the programming.

Nissan plans no recall for now since the issue does not affect safety, the spokesman said. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Edmund Klamann)

Back