Unable to Restart after using AC (was AC causes failure)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nater said:
palmermd said:
I hope your not referring to the customer support line. If you cannot substantiate the comment with actual references to who said it, then I'd rather not hear about it.

Nope. A source so reliable I cannot reveal who it is. (Sorry for the vagueness, the source demanded that I not reveal their identity). This person is famous, that is all I shall say.

Nate

So why does Lance Armstrong have any knowledge about the delivery? Seriously, if this person wont say who they are, then I'm not interested. If Carlos Ghosn (or anybody in the Nissan management) made the comment, then why would he not want to reveal it? Its an important step in insuring that the cars that get delivered are reliable. I really hope it is true, and I'm looking forward to the day when mine gets the update as well, but all this secrecy is ridiculous.

You might not be "interested", but many of us are.

Has Nissan actually found the real cause and a real fix yet?

Maybe the A/C condensation moisture normally evaporates or drips out while moving, but some "excess" moisture is causing reduced-resistance around some high-voltage connection?

garygid said:
You might not be "interested", but many of us are.

Has Nissan actually found the real cause and a real fix yet?

Maybe the A/C condensation moisture normally evaporates or drips out while moving, but some "excess" moisture is causing reduced-resistance around some high-voltage connection?

Seems to me like you want the same thing I do. Official answers from Nissan with a solution. Rumors about holdups at the port from unnamed sources are not very helpful.

Gary, I don't know any more than I've said.

I'll share more news if it becomes available.

My information is not a rumor. If I did post a rumor, it would start out as "I heard a rumor that blah blah blah."
Similarly, if I'm speculating, my post would start out "I wonder if" or "I bet they are".

In this case, I have substantiated information from a person who is close to the situation that Nissan Leafs are being held at port pending resolution of the AC/No start issue. Not a rumor. I'm wise enough not to "out" my source.

Nate

Nate,
Good Work, thanks for the info.
A confidential name, Ok with me, I do not WANT the name.

Your info is most likely better than some of the wild conjecture we get.
Cheers, Gary

I got an email from my friendly Nissan Service Manager yesterday offering me the patch. Despite what CS told me (my VIN is impacted), he said that he had no current ability to determine if my VIN was actually impacted. Regardless, he offered to apply the patch proactively if I wanted it per ability to do so granted by Nissan but that it was not a normal process and very manual. He did also note that engineering was working to determine whether it was a build issue or an isolated incident and suggested I wait a week to see if any new info becomes available.

Since for the next week, I'm not going to be in critical situations where I need the car, I decided to wait...and he kindly offered to cut me an email when things get isolated a bit more.

Not sure about the rest of you, but that's what I consider good customer service...and since there are enough threads talking about bad things dealers do, here's a quick note to applaud Mossy Nissan Escondido's service department for their stellar customer service! :D

sdbonez said:
It was over 90 here in SD yesterday and I managed :)

btw, I'm on the phone with Nissan Leaf CC now. I asked them if they could tell me whether my VIN was impacted (knowing full well that this is a developing issue and my service manager, while aware of the problem, didn't yet have a fix or a list of impacted VINs). He went away for a bit and just came back and confirmed to me that yes my VIN #728 IS impacted.

Follow-up specifically to this note, again, my service manager says they currently don't have info on exactly what VINs have been impacted (no offense, Nissan CS, but I'm going to trust my service manager as he's earned my trust)

garygid said:
Nate,
Good Work, thanks for the info.
A confidential name, Ok with me, I do not WANT the name.

Your info is most likely better than some of the wild conjecture we get.
Cheers, Gary
Ok. I agree. Pehaps I overreacted but it sure would be nice to get some official information about this issue.

garygid said:
NOTE: The "standard" 8mm hex nut that I found there required a 13mm box wrench to remove it, not a 10mm wrench as suggested elsewhere.
Yeah. Others keep saying 10mm, but I think they're talking about the one on the battery terminal itself... My posts on the wing nut idea do say to use 13mm. :cool:

Randy said:
From my service ticket:

Perform EV/HEV C/U reprogram as per Nissan techline

old p/n: 237D0-6NA0B
new p/n: 237D0-6NA0C

Randy,

Is the order on this correct?

I just picked up my Leaf after reprogramming, and my 'Programming, Configuration' reports shows

Part Number before Reprog/programming 237D0-3NA0C

Part Number after Reprog/programming 237D0-3NA0B

That suggested to me that they were rolling the software BACK to an earlier version.

DarkStar said:
The only diagnostics screen I'm aware of is in the navigation system:

1. Turn LEAF power on.
2. Turn audio system off.
3. Press "MAP" 3 times.
4. Press "PWR" 2 times.
5. Press "MAP" 1 time.

Enjoy!

Neat-O. So, using this technique I have discovered that the current "Part Number" of my Leaf is 3NA0B. Living in AZ, I have used the A/C plenty. I took delivery on March 19th and I have been waiting for my tow-truck ride to the dealer, but, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems. VIN 608.

AmarilloLeaf said:
That suggested to me that they were rolling the software BACK to an earlier version.
That could certainly explain why the earlier Leafs didn't seem to exhibit the problem. I never quite bought the "it was winter and no one was using A/C" theory.

Interesting. Early LEAF #202 and so far no problems whatsoever. I pre-cool all the time. No idea what software it came with.

It's the actual battery clamp bolt that is 10mm...

garygid: NOTE: The "standard" 8mm hex nut that I found there required a 13mm box wrench to remove it, not a 10mm wrench as suggested elsewhere.

There is no source LESS reliable than someone "famous..."

nater said:
palmermd said:
I hope your not referring to the customer support line. If you cannot substantiate the comment with actual references to who said it, then I'd rather not hear about it.

Nope. A source so reliable I cannot reveal who it is. (Sorry for the vagueness, the source demanded that I not reveal their identity). This person is famous, that is all I shall say.

Nate

sdbonez said:
3NA0B here...

Did you get the update?

This is interesting. I just checked the diagnostics screen, and it shows that I am indeed at 3NA0B now.

It is certainly possible that my dealer messed up, and reinstalled the 3NA0B. This the only Leaf in the region and this is all new for them, but supposedly the Nissan tech was talking him through all of this.

Can anyone else who has had the software update take a peek at their diagnostics screen and see what version they show?

Back