Unable to Restart after using AC (was AC causes failure)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azrich said:
Can anyone who has had the updated software installed tell me how long this takes. Is this a day-long repair, a few hours, or under an hour? Do I stay at the dealer or go home?

Very quick. I dropped my car off at 0800. They said that the engineers would be in at 0900. I got a call at 0930 that the car was ready.

FontanaNissan said:
One of the engineer showed up earlier today at our dealership and it took him an hour to download the software.

What do you mean by "download software"? An hour to download as patch is unlikely as it should not talk that long to get the entire Consult package. Can you please be more specific, does it have anything to do with this issue?

Thanks for the info, Danny. I think you're the first dealer to post in this thread so be prepared to get asked a few questions :) I applaud your desire to keep us informed.

Hi all, well I told you all if I had a problem again I would let you know, well after having the vehicle towed last Friday and getting it back from the dealer Monday, it is now back at the dealer. I did not use the AC at all today, I drove the car, plugged it in to 220, locked it, then unlocked it to retrieve something, came back 40 minutes later and noticed it wasn't charging. I unplugged the charger, started the car and saw the infamous orange light with the ! mark. I left the car on and immediately drove it to the dealer, hope to find more news tomorrow. At the dealer now twice in less than a week, the saga continues...

3.jpg

Also, supposedly my car was updated with the latest software... so this may be another glitch

DaveinOlyWA said:
oh oh. not good. charge time seems a bit off? 4½ hours on 240 does not equate to 15 hours on 120. 10-11 i would guess, but 3X+??
Actually that's the right ratio between the L1 EVSE and a true L2 EVSE. The Nissan numbers for a full charge from the owner's manual are 21 hours L1 and 7 hours L2.

ok...hmmm, hold on!! ok, just checked mine. SOC is pretty high so not sure how that affects it, but mine is 3/7 which is just more than double which is what i seem to remember most of the time

smkettner said:
If you are concerned I would suggest testing your vehicle before you take delivery. I am trying to assume the fix will be done at the port.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3139&start=440
jlaw99 said:
What is the procedure for testing for the AC "bug"? Is there a step by step in the thread? If not, it would be great to have one we could follow. Also, how is there a way to tell if the fix or update or whatever has been applied to the leaf (to address the AC "bug") ? Anyone? Thanks!
smkettner said:
Can someone help jlaw99. This post was from April Delivery thread.

I have been gathering up information on this issue here: http://nissanleafwiki.com/index.php?title=Warning_lights_leading_to_LEAF_that_won't_run

Edit: I followed up jlaw99's post as well.

I just exchanged the nut on the 12-volt battery's negative-terminal battery-wire-connection bolt for an 8mm wingnut. I added an 8mm lockwasher under the wingnut.

NOTE: The "standard" 8mm hex nut that I found there required a 13mm box wrench to remove it, not a 10mm wrench as suggested elsewhere.

NOTE: There is no need to disconnect from the battery terminal (post) itself. Leave that connection securely clamped, and just disconnect (one simple nut-and-bolt) the wires from the post-clamp device.

Now, I am prepared for a tool-less ReBoot, if ever needed.

garygid said:
I just exchanged the nut on the 12-volt battery's negative-terminal battery-wire-connection bolt for an 8mm wingnut. I added an 8mm lockwasher under the wingnut.

NOTE: The "standard" 8mm hex nut that I found there required a 13mm box wrench to remove it, not a 10mm wrench as suggested elsewhere.

NOTE: There is no need to disconnect from the battery terminal (post) itself. Leave that connection securely clamped, and just disconnect (one simple nut-and-bolt) the wires from the post-clamp device.

Now, I am prepared for a tool-less ReBoot, if ever needed.
gary, would you mind posting picture of your setup?

Strange, I remember mine looking less congested on the right-hand side. But, that is the connection, bolt, and wingnut.

Well, it was almost 14 hours ago, how am I to remember? :lol:

guys, maybe we can figure out which fuse to pull rather than disconnecting the terminal?

Nate

Everyone, i just heard from a reliable source that all Leafs are being held at port until the AC/No restart issue is resolved.

Nate

I hope your not referring to the customer support line. If you cannot substantiate the comment with actual references to who said it, then I'd rather not hear about it.

nater said:
Everyone, i just heard from a reliable source that all Leafs are being held at port until the AC/No restart issue is resolved.

Nate

I also heard from the dealer that they are updating the cars before they leave the port, and engineers are updating cars already at the dealers.

leafster said:
nater said:

Nate

I also heard from the dealer that they are updating the cars before they leave the port, and engineers are updating cars already at the dealers.

The big question is, have any of the cars left port in last week or so? I do not see any indication that they have.

palmermd said:
I hope your not referring to the customer support line. If you cannot substantiate the comment with actual references to who said it, then I'd rather not hear about it.

Nope. A source so reliable I cannot reveal who it is. (Sorry for the vagueness, the source demanded that I not reveal their identity). This person is famous, that is all I shall say.

Nate

Back