(Un)Official Mitsubishi (Cypress, CA) L3 Scheduling Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
Given 1051's success today, I'm game to go today, Mike. We could go back next week and see Dave also. I'm just a little antsy for my dose of crack. :lol:

Let's go for today. But I'm counting on you and that lost puppy dog look of yours to get us sympathy if it all goes pear-shaped! :lol:

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:
Given 1051's success today, I'm game to go today, Mike. We could go back next week and see Dave also. I'm just a little antsy for my dose of crack. :lol:

Let's go for today. But I'm counting on you and that lost puppy dog look of yours to get us sympathy if it all goes pear-shaped! :lol:

[Searches for lost puppy dog emoticon and comes up empty.... settles for sad face followed by eye roll... :cry: :roll: ]

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:
Have fun. I'd love to swing by today as I have the rest of the day off. But I need to stick close to home, fortunately because I'm waiting on electricians to install my 240v outlet. :p

Mike, can you put me down for visiting for a quick charge on Mon., 7/25 at 12p ... unless they are not available due to the lunch hour?

JPVLeaf said:
Mike, can you put me down for visiting for a quick charge on Mon., 7/25 at 12p ... unless they are not available due to the lunch hour?

I can't say it for sure, but I think you'd be OK. What I could do is text Moe, Mitsubishi's main PR guy, and make sure he knows you're coming.

This locking/unlocking process ... inefficient and possibly inconvenient to the person "in-charge" :lol: eh, I mean the person responsible at Mitsu ...

Suggestion: the driver wanting a charge leaves his/her driver license with the receptionist to pick up the key and do it him/herself. ( Or am I missing something ? )

Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:
Or, alternatively....if you wanted to wait until next week, Dave Patterson will be back in the office from Plug-In 2011. He is so keen that I'm sure he'll welcome us with open arms. vs. someone who maybe it isn't really her job and would find it something of a hardship to keep trekking out there to meet us?

Since I don't see any report or pics today (Friday), does that mean we have to wait until next week to see you getting your crack hit ?

Enjoyed a very nice visit with zOner, his daughter and Moe while charging at light speed this afternoon.

The CHAdeMO was easy to use and performed as advertised. Interesting that the car displayed 9 bars of energy, not the usual 10 bars, after the machine shut off automatically at 80%. Their solar electric array is quite impressive as well. Kudos to Mitsubishi!

Thanks also to mwalsh for sharing information about this station and his diplomacy, making it available for us LEAFers to use.

mwalsh said:
JPVLeaf said:
I can't say it for sure, but I think you'd be OK. What I could do is text Moe, Mitsubishi's main PR guy, and make sure he knows you're coming.
Hi, Mike. Did you happen to get a response from Moe on a noontime visit on Monday? If I need to swing by a little later, that would be fine too.

tbleakne said:
Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:
Or, alternatively....if you wanted to wait until next week, Dave Patterson will be back in the office from Plug-In 2011. He is so keen that I'm sure he'll welcome us with open arms. vs. someone who maybe it isn't really her job and would find it something of a hardship to keep trekking out there to meet us?

Since I don't see any report or pics today (Friday), does that mean we have to wait until next week to see you getting your crack hit ?

Tom, we went on Thursday. Check page 10 of the Quick Charge thread for pics and story: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4691&start=90

Hi Mwalsh, we were thinking of stopping by the Mitsubishi L3 station later this afternoon (3:30-4:30), do you happen to know if its available? If so, would mind giving your point of contact a heads up that we will be there at that time today.

LALeaf said:
Hi Mwalsh, we were thinking of stopping by the Mitsubishi L3 station later this afternoon (3:30-4:30), do you happen to know if its available? If so, would mind giving your point of contact a heads up that we will be there at that time today.

I'll PM him your number, so you can give him a call.

Just heard from a colleague who is thinking about getting a Mitsubishi "i" car. He was worried that his commute was too long for its range and wasn't finding any charging stations near his work. Turns out he works about a mile from Mitsubishi HQ. Having just enjoyed charging there, I was able to tell him about it. I may have just facilitated a sale!

Thinking of stopping by the Mitsu L3 and break in the QC port this morning. Running up to Santa Monica for the day and might swing by around 11am ish.

TRONZ said:
Thinking of stopping by the Mitsu L3 and break in the QC port this morning. Running up to Santa Monica for the day and might swing by around 11am ish.

My guy isn't in the office today, so you'll have to play it by ear. The gal to ask for in Moe's absence is Ayde (pronounced Ida) Diaz.

Hi mwalsh,

I was thinking of trying to check out the Mitsubishi charging station tomorrow (Saturday). I don't have the L3 port so I was just hoping for a little L2 to help me with my trip down to Cypress. I read that the L3 is only M-F during business hours. Is there any chance of using the L2/L1 on weekends? Is the parking lot locked on the weekends or might we be able to use the facility?

If it's possible to get some L2 charge, I would be in the area probably around 3pm. Should I check in with the office staff, or will no one be there on Saturday?

thanks for organizing this and letting everyone know about this awesome resource. I wish there was something we could do to thank Mitsubishi.

-Peter

prberg said:
Hi mwalsh,

I was thinking of trying to check out the Mitsubishi charging station tomorrow (Saturday). I don't have the L3 port so I was just hoping for a little L2 to help me with my trip down to Cypress. I read that the L3 is only M-F during business hours. Is there any chance of using the L2/L1 on weekends? Is the parking lot locked on the weekends or might we be able to use the facility?

If it's possible to get some L2 charge, I would be in the area probably around 3pm. Should I check in with the office staff, or will no one be there on Saturday?

thanks for organizing this and letting everyone know about this awesome resource. I wish there was something we could do to thank Mitsubishi.

-Peter

Is Cypress your final destination? Mitsubishi is in the city of Cypress. Anyhow, the L3 won't be available tomorrow, being Saturday. You should use the L2 though....I'm told that should be available. Failing that, there are the L2s at Cerritos Nissan...I don't think they'd turn you away from there. Confirm where you're heading and I'll give you some more options.

Back