Tier 2 pushed back to Summer 2011???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimeHorse

Nah, no LEAF for you!

Here is an update of the issue from a chat I had with Patrick at customer service: Nissan LEAF Tier 2 Ordering Information

Nissan said:
Hi xxxx, thank you for reserving your Nissan LEAF™. The response to this 100% electric car has been amazing.

Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011. In the meantime, we are working hard with our partners to further develop the charging infrastructure in your area so your entire ownership experience is of the highest quality.

If you have any other questions, please contact us through our Nissan LEAF live chat or by calling 877-NO-GAS-EV.

Okay, now, can we get every Marylander, Washington D.C. resident, Virginian, North Carolingian, South Carolingian, Georgian, Alabaman and Floridian up in arms and cause some kind of ruckus for this poke in the eye. Here we've been ignored and abused and sure, we were treated a little better than the forgotten 36 but it's not like some of us haven't been blogging for years, desperate to get an electric car that never appeared. I'm personally sick of all the Earthquake and Desert bonus just because they can get decent miles on the vehicle. I've done my research, I know the risks and I even have my EVSE all but installed so @#$% Aeroenvironment! Now I will blog about this, you can be sure of that, but first I'd like coorboration. Anyone else in the Tier 2 market get this sickening e-mail?

Anyone else now seriously considering the Tesla S or the Ford EV...?

yep... just got mine.... (12/10/2010)

"Hi John, thank you for reserving your Nissan LEAF™. The response to this
100% electric car has been amazing.

Customers in your state will not be able to order until late summer 2011. In the
meantime, we are working hard with our partners to further develop the
charging infrastructure in your area so your entire ownership experience is of
the highest quality.

If you have any other questions, please contact us through our Nissan LEAF
live chat or by calling 877-NO-GAS-EV"

They will have more competition by then hopefully.......

evnow said:
What ?! Did all of you get this mail ... ?
Kevin, also in VA, also confirms so it looks like at least VA is off the list.

What's more, they waited until online chat was closed before they sent this e-mail. I but they wanted to a) do it under the cover of the first delivery and b) not deal with it before the first delivery celebration.

ok so we ar the next group of owners in the USA and we cant order til late summmer?

the production line is flying by now, so who is getting all the cars?

Japan? not enough demand?

where?

Got mine too in NC. It doesn't make any sense. I live in Raleigh NC and the city has already begun installing charging infrasture, 50 charging stations in downtown by summer. Maybe we'll be able to order the Focus before we can order our Leaf. Sounds like Nissan has really screwed up big time!

hodad66 said:
yep... just got mine.... (12/10/2010)
And there's confirmation from Florida! Since that's a northern state in the region, and if any state doesn't have cold weather issues and would be great for the LEAF it's Florida and yet your order has been pushed back too, this looks like the real deal. I'll be blogging about this, to be sure!

This can only be termed a HUGE bunch of BALONEY and BAD P.R. :evil: .... condolences to all of you who are affected :cry: (Get yourself some proxies in the states with availability.)

I'm now wondering about the tax credit. Getting in with the first to reserve in April doesn't matter much now. What a bummer.

One more point people , a late summer order in the car business

usually gts you the next model year

as in any customer who orders a car late summer 2011 from me would prob get an early 2012 model in November or Dcember 2011

it is becoming rather apparent, that Nissan has simply underestimated the demand for the car and the logistics of a nationwide rollout (hard to do when you cant even meet a tiny fraction of the demand) with a limited inventory.

i said it before and i will say it again. if you did not get in on the very first wave, it will be several months to get a car. even in the initial roll out area, i have a few friends who are taking a "wait and see" attitude and i told them that might put them on a waiting list for a delivery for fall of 2011 or later.

Back