My Setec CHAdeMO Vehicle-to-Home Mods

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V2X - I got the PM. I can read it, but it wont let me reply. It says "you may need to interact on the forum more to enable this feature"... so here I am, interacting.

As a note for my plans. I would like to power a 240/120 residential panel with the Setec. I have a neutral forming transformer to hold the L1-N-L2 balanced up to 9kW, so should be good there. This would be to power a sub panel during outages.

dirkelong said:
V2X - I got the PM. I can read it, but it wont let me reply. It says "you may need to interact on the forum more to enable this feature"... so here I am, interacting.

As a note for my plans. I would like to power a 240/120 residential panel with the Setec. I have a neutral forming transformer to hold the L1-N-L2 balanced up to 9kW, so should be good there. This would be to power a sub panel during outages.

Thanks for posting. This is of interest. I believe there are past discussions about the use of the Setec unit for V2H. You can search "Setec" and hopefully will find substantial background information. I'm not sure that anyone has tried the center tapped transformer - maybe just a step down.

Keep us posted.

My limited experience with the Setec device was to make the modifications as I posted at the top of this thread, and to run some appliances off of a 5 kW step-down transformer. Can't really speak to wiring up a critical loads panel, but it should be doable with the help of a licensed electrician. I have since sold the device and my Leaf, sorry.

We just purchased a setec bidirectional unit to go with our lab 2023 leaf

Is anyone familiar with this set up as no owners manual came with the setec

We also have purchased an auto former from Victron, which should give us split phase 120/240

We just purchased a setec bidirectional unit to go with our lab 2023 leaf

Is anyone familiar with this set up as no owners manual came with the setec

We also have purchased an auto former from Victron, which should give us split phase 120/240
This is a Canadian solution to feeding the grid, but my 2012 Leaf does not support it , 2013 onward does. Also in Ontario Canada they have not it yet approved it to Grid tie yet. Here is the site. EV Charger, Solar Inverter & Energy Management - dcbel

Back