The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
The 3.8kW shown by TED may be a) a temporary peak; b) affected by PowerFactor ?

Didn't know where to put this, so this seems as good a place as any - I plugged into a Charge Point L2 EVSE for about a hour today and it showed that I was charging at 3.73kW the entire time. So a bit better than 3.3kW, even if not by much.

240v x 16 amps = 2400 + 1440 = 3840 watts (3.84 kW), so your leaf must have been "using" just a bit less than 16 amps, about 15.6 amps (if my "mental math" is correct).

So, it sounds perfectly correct.
The "3.3 kW" is just a "nominal" description.

About 500 watts loss out of 3800 would be shy 14%, a fairly high loss, but perhaps possible if you also count the battery losses (in addition to the Charger losses) while charging.

Since Alyssa Milano probably won't post it herself in here..
her Tweet just now:
---
Alyssa_Milano Alyssa Milano
by NissanLEAF
I'M GETTING MY @NISSANLEAF TODAY! (I'm obviously very excited about this.)
---

Nice to see some celebrities joining the mix.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
her Tweet just now:
---
by NissanLEAF
---

Maybe we should add her to the 'sheet! Might have a few empty columns, but it will help that cars per day metric.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
her Tweet just now:
---
by NissanLEAF
---

Send her a tweet asking for her order date,model, and color so we can add her! lol

So I heard from my dealer that my car now has a wholesale date of Feb. 11th in his dashboard, which he says means they're done with it at the port and it's ready for wholesale to the dealer. He says it will l likely ship on Monday, and my portal moved the delivery date up a day to Feb. 16th... I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! Look for my "I got my LEAF" post soon!!!!!

MrZorg said:
So I heard from my dealer that my car now has a wholesale date of Feb. 11th in his dashboard, which he says means they're done with it at the port and it's ready for wholesale to the dealer. He says it will l likely ship on Monday, and my portal moved the delivery date up a day to Feb. 16th... I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! Look for my "I got my LEAF" post soon!!!!!
Great ! So may be we will get the car in the estimated week this time ...

BTW, this should go the VIN thread and/or the Feb delivery thread.

MrZorg- yes I did as well! Wish I believed that my LEAF would be here in 7 days though! :lol:
I believe a few others received it today (this morning) as well!
We will keep our fingers crossed!

Back