The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome to see some substantial Seattle deliveries finally. Hope to see some out on the road, and read about your experiences here. Hopefully the wait for mine won't be too long! ;) Although it has only been two months since my order date, it has already seemed like an eternity. :lol:

uwskier20 said:
Awesome to see some substantial Seattle deliveries finally...
Strange that Portland Metro doesn't have more by now. Can't speak for the other dealers in the area, but Beaverton Nissan doesn't have any more until March, and only 2 then.
I did 'jump the gate' a little on my initial deposit, so maybe that's how I got in so early. I completed it about an hour and a half before I received the email, as I had been checking the site (and this forum, I think) that day when it suddenly became available :D

Congrats to all who have received their LEAFs! Question regarding CarWings. My Carwings opens although I did not activate it because I thought I could not since I don't have my LEAF yet. Were you able to operate Carwings BEFORE you picked up your LEAFs? My Carwings currently gives me my username and pin but says that since I do not have my LEAF it needs to be entered to my LEAF when I pick it up. Is that how you all did it?
THANK YOU!

For those that are interested - I wrote up the information on our delivery day in the "My Blog" section. Read if you like. I didn't want to put all of that stuff in here.

Just some quick stats since I think that is what most of you care about.

* 4 miles on Odometer when I got in.
* Fully charged in 40 degree temp and the dash said we had 88 miles of distance available.
* same 3 stickers on my door (orange little ones - same numbers)
* paid cash and the pricing was exactly as agreed. No add ons at purchase.

On a side note - I'd love to hear comments (maybe in another thread) about the available Maintenance/Service plans that can be purchased from Nissan. Do they make sense?

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
On a side note - I'd love to hear comments (maybe in another thread) about the available Maintenance/Service plans that can be purchased from Nissan. Do they make sense?
Oh, you mean the 'Gold Plan' that is ONLY AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT YOU PURCHASE YOUR LEAF but they are under strict orders from Nissan to not PRESSURE YOU about it?!? Yeah, we got that. $2131 for 84 Month / 70K miles (I put 85K miles on my last vehicle in 13.5 years)

So, I guess the 'only available right now' part might not have been a complete truth? Hmmmm.... kinda what I suspected. Maybe I should call Nissan tomorrow to verify.

LEAFer said:
The youngest LEAF owner (19) took delivery today ! ( And the parents were too excited to remember to bring the camera :roll: ) Nissan of Elk Grove did a GREAT job ! And they took the photos; supposed to email them to us soon. Thank you, Sang !

36 month/15kmile Lease. $443.60/mo; $1,999 down.

(BTW I still have *not* driven it ... but will on Friday; yeah!)

Congratulations to you and your son. Hopefully, my son and I will be joining the LEAF pile soon!

I took possession today of my red SL/ETEC. VIN 000198

Very happy.

Santa Monica Nissan's salesman >me< was very helpful:~)

I now need to sell my RAV. It's the only green one in existence. 88K miles and runs exactly the same as the day I bought it. Best offer over $25K gets it.

Congrats PaulScott!
I'll be interested in hearing your take on the LEAF as a daily driver after so many RAV4 drives. Going from EV to another EV is probably a more subtle transition than most of us post oil-burners feel.

Oh, the LEAF is way better! And the RAV is great, so that tells you how good the LEAF is. First of all, the RAV was a basic utility vehicle with virtually no modern equipment. I've never used a GPS before, so that's nice, and when the bluetooth came through on the stereo speakers, whoa! THAT was cool!

I've got a lot to learn with all this new fangled equipment, but the process is a joy.

The acceleration is easily the best difference from the RAV. The LEAF really scoots off the line. I hadn't even driven my car for the first time when a customer came up wanting a test drive, so I took him out on my inaugural drive. He was behind the wheel within the first mile and really put it through its paces. When I got back, there were two more customers wanting to drive it.

This is why I'm leasing the car. Since I'm using it as our dealer's demo, I suspect it'll get some punishment. It's also why I won't look so good on the efficiency scale. I'm telling everyone to test the acceleration.:~)

"Congratulations, Paul! Red, huh? I thought you were getting a black one."

I had chosen black when I first ordered, but they sent it without the DC quick charge and wouldn't let me have it since I'm ETEC. So, I had the choice of waiting an unknown amount of time for a black one, or getting the red one now. Red was my second choice, so it was an easy decision.

Say, how does one post photos on here? It's not readily apparent.

PaulScott said:
I had chosen black when I first ordered, but they sent it without the DC quick charge and wouldn't let me have it since I'm ETEC. So, I had the choice of waiting an unknown amount of time for a black one, or getting the red one now. Red was my second choice, so it was an easy decision.

Say, how does one post photos on here? It's not readily apparent.

Check out this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2456

The red is my favorite of course!

California: Delivery Wednesday 1/19. Registration issued 1/27. Plates arrived Saturday 1/29 ! Fast.

Now that the plate is here getting ready to mail in for ZEV Parking sticker and HOV lane sticker. :p

Yesterday: Drove to downtown Sacramento. Harv's Carwash (http://www.harvscarwash.com/) at 1901 L Street. They are a certified green carwash (recycling water). And they have installed a Coulomb Charging Station with both L1 and L2. I don't have a ChargePass card. But I called the toll-free 888# posted at the station. A nice customer service rep answered, took first-/last-name/email address, activated the station for L2, I plugged in, and he asked me if I'd like a free ChargePass card mailed to me. "Sure", I said, and gave him my mailing address. ( If you try to register to get a card with http://www.mychargepoint.net/ I believe it costs $9.95. )

The host of the station decides whether charging is free or available for a fee. This location at Harv's in Sacramento is free at this time. I walked over to a Supervisor at the carwash and thanked him (he was already walking towards the LEAF), and to pass on my thanks to the owners.

The station displayed 3.738 kW while charging and I was connected for 42 minutes while taking photos, talking to the carwash employee, and enjoying a yogurt across the street. I received an email from Customer service regarding the ChargePass card and another one with the charging session data after I disconnected.

NOICE ! :p

FREE Coulomb ChargePoint card? Huh!

I just received mine yesterday.. $9.95 for "just in case". I don't even have my car yet, and there's no Coulomb in San Diego, so I'm not the sanest of shoppers.

LEAFer said:
California: Delivery Wednesday 1/19. Registration issued 1/27. Plates arrived Saturday 1/29 ! Fast.

Now that the plate is here getting ready to mail in for ZEV Parking sticker and HOV lane sticker. :p

Yesterday: Drove to downtown Sacramento. Harv's Carwash (http://www.harvscarwash.com/) at 1901 L Street. They are a certified green carwash (recycling water). And they have installed a Coulomb Charging Station with both L1 and L2. I don't have a ChargePass card. But I called the toll-free 888# posted at the station. A nice customer service rep answered, took first-/last-name/email address, activated the station for L2, I plugged in, and he asked me if I'd like a free ChargePass card mailed to me. "Sure", I said, and gave him my mailing address. ( If you try to register to get a card with http://www.mychargepoint.net/ I believe it costs $9.95. )

The host of the station decides whether charging is free or available for a fee. This location at Harv's in Sacramento is free at this time. I walked over to a Supervisor at the carwash and thanked him (he was already walking towards the LEAF), and to pass on my thanks to the owners.

The station displayed 3.738 kW while charging and I was connected for 42 minutes while taking photos, talking to the carwash employee, and enjoying a yogurt across the street. I received an email from Customer service regarding the ChargePass card and another one with the charging session data after I disconnected.

NOICE ! :p

Sounds like a great LEAF day!! I picked up my car on the 8th and call the DMV yesterday...they still don't have my VIN yet in the system :twisted: . Need the stickers to drive to work.....still taking the hybrid until then. :( .

Back