The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

I've been reading this forum for awhile and finally decided to join. I picked up an orphaned Leaf on 12/23 in Fremont, CA. She is a 2012 Red with 8 miles (more like 200 now). I'm very happy with the vehicle. Today was my first day commuting to work in it.

RedLeaf2012 said:
Hi All,

I've been reading this forum for awhile and finally decided to join. I picked up an orphaned Leaf on 12/23 in Fremont, CA. She is a 2012 Red with 8 miles (more like 200 now). I'm very happy with the vehicle. Today was my first day commuting to work in it.

Welcome to the leaf club, enjoy your gas free driving!

Over 4,000 care free miles so far on my Ocean Blue Leaf....

Just picked up my orphaned Leaf on 12/28. I got a 2011 Silver SL with quick charge port from Clovis Nissan (Fresno, CA) for 33,440 (2 grand off msrp). I traded in a 2011 Honda Fit with 15000 miles. Last week was my first week commuting (42 miles r/t) and I loved it! I also found out my employer will let me charge at work and a coworker is going to help me make a 240 volt plugin I can use once I get my EVSE upgrade. I switched to SCE tiered rates with 10 cents per kwH from midnight to 6 am. Is this the same rate other SCE customers are getting?

SO tonight was my first BIG trip in the car. I drove to a retirement party mainly via freeway. Roundtrip 87 miles. I drove around 65 on the way up and 55 on the way back. I trickled for 3 hours during the party. I returned home with about 10 miles to spare. I averaged 4.2 mi/kwH. I was very pleased, though cold, since I had the climate control mainly off!

I qualified for a 3000 rebate from the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution office, plus the 7500 federal, and hopefully the 2500 from the state. So assuming all goes right I bought the car essentially for 20,440 plus TTL. Not bad! Just have to refi the car loan once I get all the rebates.

Thanks to this forum for all the great info provided leading up to the purchase.

-James

thejabrother said:
SO tonight was my first BIG trip in the car. I drove to a retirement party mainly via freeway. Roundtrip 87 miles. I drove around 65 on the way up and 55 on the way back. I trickled for 3 hours during the party. I returned home with about 10 miles to spare. I averaged 4.2 mi/kwH. I was very pleased, though cold, since I had the climate control mainly off!
Nicely done - sounds like you are an expert in EV trip planning already!

drees said:
thejabrother said:
Nicely done - sounds like you are an expert in EV trip planning already!

Thanks! Last night was a big learning experience for me!

thejabrother said:
I qualified for a 3000 rebate from the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution office, plus the 7500 federal, and hopefully the 2500 from the state....

The CA rebate shouldn't be a problem; still about $8mil in the fund.

In case you didn't know, you should already have all you need for the application. You can apply online and they will mail you the completed form to sign and return with the supporting documentation. We picked up our leaf on 12/26 and as of 1/5 they are processing the rebate.

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nubo said:
thejabrother said:
I qualified for a 3000 rebate from the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution office, plus the 7500 federal, and hopefully the 2500 from the state....

The CA rebate shouldn't be a problem; still about $8mil in the fund.

In case you didn't know, you should already have all you need for the application. You can apply online and they will mail you the completed form to sign and return with the supporting documentation. We picked up our leaf on 12/26 and as of 1/5 they are processing the rebate.

http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M
Thanks for the info...just sent it in! Will be nice to get those rebates!

Recieved our 2012 Nissan Leaf SL Tuesday. Love it, Glacial Pearl color. It is tough to get it from my wife.
The heated steering wheel is heated all the way around and the heating system works great. It is fast and passed cars on the way home on the highway. Look down and need to be careful going over 75 mph in a 55mph limit area.
It may be the first one in Connecticut!

2012 Nissan Leaf SL Glacial Pearl

Martytdi said:
Recieved our 2012 Nissan Leaf SL Tuesday. Love it, Glacial Pearl color. It is tough to get it from my wife.
The heated steering wheel is heated all the way around and the heating system works great. It is fast and passed cars on the way home on the highway. Look down and need to be careful going over 75 mph in a 55mph limit area.

Congrats martytdi! I'm in CT as well. Right now my delivery date is 1/31/12. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Martytdi said:

Hi Marty, congrats!

I believe it's "Glacier pearl". I find I'm liking the color even more than I thought I would, especially after washing and waxing the pearl really is gorgeous.

Got my 2012 Ocean Blue SL Friday night. Charger should be installed today (fingers crossed). So far so good, enjoying the eerie silence while driving. My daughter enjoys counting trees on the display. My sales guy indicated this was the 36th he'd sold here in Knoxville, with 2 more being delivered on Saturday.

Finally got mine on Saturday! And got to play in nice cold CO weather too. So far no real snow, but have had to mess with below freezing climate control, range, etc. The dealer said I was their second delivery so far, with more to come.

2012 SL Glacier Pearl
Protection Package
Splash Guards
Organization Package

My Schneider EVSE and TED 5000 work like champs. My community solar garden went active a few weeks ago too, so should be charging on (offset) sun rays.

So far, one of the most confusing aspects is driving an "automatic" vehicle again. It's been many years since I've owned an ICE with an automatic transmission. I'm always hunting for that clutch and gear shift. :?

tjz said:
Finally got mine on Saturday! And got to play in nice cold CO weather too. So far no real snow, but have had to mess with below freezing climate control, range, etc. The dealer said I was their second delivery so far, with more to come.

2012 SL Glacier Pearl
Protection Package
Splash Guards
Organization Package

My Schneider EVSE and TED 5000 work like champs. My community solar garden went active a few weeks ago too, so should be charging on (offset) sun rays.

So far, one of the most confusing aspects is driving an "automatic" vehicle again. It's been many years since I've owned an ICE with an automatic transmission. I'm always hunting for that clutch and gear shift. :?

That's funny I have the exact same problem! This is the first "automatic" I've ever owned. I've jumped in the LEAF several times pushing in the imaginary clutch. My trade in vehicle was a Honda Fit and my long trip car is now a 370z.

tjz said:

My cars had been exclusively manual transmissions since 1978. It took me about 3 days to stop reaching for the clutch. I think the feeling fades rapidly since the car doesn't "feel" like it needs to shift. There's not the sense of rising cacaphony, running out of breath, or the imminent appearance of pushrods puncturing the hood. :cool:

Picked up the beautiful blue this morning and I am totally giddy! Especially after reading 116 pages of "I got my leaf," the jealousy was starting to get a bit much. ;)

Leith Nissan reported 6 people picked up their cars last night and several others were due today. There should be 20 new cars driving around Raleigh/RTP from Leith alone this week. And, I presume, there are also 20 from other dealers. Saturday the 28th we are all supposed to be at the press day. I hope everyone can come; I'd certainly love to see 40 EVs all in a row!

copdoc said:
I'd certainly love to see 40 EVs all in a row!

You'll see 41 if I can figure out when, where and if I can crash the party! I would love to see that too, and who's really going to notice an extra one, right?

Hi, I am a reporter in the Chicago-area and was wondering if I can interview any Leaf owners in the city. Please let me know. Thank you.

leaf4me said:
Recieved our Silver 2012 Nissan Leaf SL Tuesday. (One of the first in Upstate NY?) Love it! The amount of information in the manuals is a bit overwhelming though!

I know, they take up the entire glove box :|

Seems like any time I've gotten a new cellphone or car, the manuals doubled in thickness compared to the previous one. The one exception was the iPhone. Definitely need these docs on the iPhone instead of clunking around inside the car. Otherwise, my 2020 car is going to need a trailer! :lol:

Back