The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! I got my new Pearl White Leaf here in Phoenix, AZ on Mon, Oct 31st. I gave up a 300HP 2011 BMW 135i 6 speed manual for this car. It drives a little different, lol, but I prefer the Leaf.

Frank

frank999 said:
Hello! I got my new Pearl White Leaf here in Phoenix, AZ on Mon, Oct 31st. I gave up a 300HP 2011 BMW 135i 6 speed manual for this car. It drives a little different, lol, but I prefer the Leaf.
Congratulations! Welcome to the pleasures of driving electric and eschewing gasoline!

Hi~

I got mine Oct. 20th and I have learned to enjoy driving it. The home charger was installed the day before.

I leased, and sold my 05 Acura TL.

I'm happy so far.

Got my 2011 leaf with QC from Fontana Nissan on Nov 5th. Super Black, just like I wanted :)

Danny from Fontana Nissan was awesome! Most accommodating, honest and friendly car sales person I've ever dealt with.

Picked up my Glacier Pearl SL from Capitol City Nissan here in Atlanta last night. First one from that dealership, and one of the first in Georgia I think. I didn't get to drive it today, but my wife took it out for some errands and called me to say how much she liked it. She compared driving it to driving my old Smart car - she called it 'zippy'. Now it's time to earn some green points after 2 years in a twin turbo V12 Mercedes S600. I'm expecting my 'fuel' bills to go down a little!

tmonkey said:
Picked up my Glacier Pearl SL from Capitol City Nissan here in Atlanta last night. First one from that dealership, and one of the first in Georgia I think. I didn't get to drive it today, but my wife took it out for some errands and called me to say how much she liked it. She compared driving it to driving my old Smart car - she called it 'zippy'. Now it's time to earn some green points after 2 years in a twin turbo V12 Mercedes S600. I'm expecting my 'fuel' bills to go down a little!
tmonkey,

I know of at least 4 in the Atlanta area, yours makes 5 now. You might be interested in joining the EV Club of the South. Next monthly meeting is at Manual's Tavern, 6pm, Nov 16th. http://www.evclubsouth.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got my blue SL Leaf on Saturday at Gardena Nissan, CA. I just reserved it 3 weeks ago and was surprised when my local dealer contacted me and said they received 2 orphans, one in the configuration and color I wanted. I ended up leasing it to take advantage of the tax credit.

The only downside to getting it so quickly is that I'm still waiting on the EV Project to approve my application for a free charger, so I'm only doing Level 1 charging right now. So far, I'm loving it though!

Leafboy said:
I know of at least 4 in the Atlanta area, yours makes 5 now. You might be interested in joining the EV Club of the South. Next monthly meeting is at Manual's Tavern, 6pm, Nov 16th. http://www.evclubsouth.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I knew there were a couple of others here - didn't realize as many as 5.

My wife is scheduled to have a baby on Nov 16th. I think she'll be done by 6pm, but I probably should hang around in case she needs some help. :) I'll try and make the December meeting.

Leafboy said:

I've been meaning to come join up, but Wednesdays have been long for me this semester and I thought the meeting was in Kennesaw. I may try to make it this time. And we should definitely try to swarm the Atlantic Station chargespot with Leafs!

Picked up my blue leaf last night! It replaces a 2009 Corolla, manual transmission, man I love that car. But I love mother earth more, and I'm sure I'll love the Leaf too.

Me thinks that there will have to be some major re-adjustment in driving style for the leaf. DH drove it home last night and there were only 17km on the odometer and the guessometer said we had 153km left in charge. After driving 46km on the highway in the usual fashion there was only 50km of charge left. Oh brother.

We calculated that since I only drive about 10km on the highway to work, if I slow down from 120km/hr to 100km/hr then it will only cost me 1.5minutes which is nothing. But driving that slow is SO frustrating and will take some getting used to. I will have to use the cruise control!

There is another Leaf in my area which is neat, I got the 37th 'green' licence plate in the province (for going in HOV lanes). We were the first retail customers to pick up from this dealership so they took our picture lol. We got an orphan that Nissan corporate changed their mind about buying when they discovered that they did not qualify for the government rebate. duh. Can you imagine if Nissan sold themselves a car and then claimed $8.5k of taxpayer money as an incentive to buy their own car!!! Crazy!

Got my Leaf yesterday! I love it!

Although I have to get used to the gear shift- I put the car in "park" this morning and leaned over to get my coffee cup, only to find myself rolling backwards...I had shifted to "R" instead of pressing the "P" button! Der.....

I have had my Blue Ocean 2012 Leaf for a week now. LOVE IT!

Usually I vanpool, so only those folks who gather at the vanpool departure point had
seen the car until today. This afternoon (a pleasant 77 degrees), my whole group
plus another friend trooped out to the parking lot to check it out. "Where could I
put my golf clubs?", "how long to charge?" and so forth, and many "what a nice color"s.

What I have NOT noticed is many people who look at the car as I'm driving around. Very
few double-takes or even people turning to watch it. Could be there are just few enough
here in the Triangle area of NC that they haven't hit the MotS radar (man on the street)
and so nobody is looking out for them quite yet.

Oh, and though I suspect I'm not the first or only to do this... my first day taking it to the
vanpool, I pulled in and parked and folks checked it out. Oh, a window was left open! So
I get in and turn the car on to close the window, and I TOTALLY forgot to turn it off. I
was driving the vanpool that day and so could not call my SO to go the parking lot and check
it out until after we arrived at work - and she had left the area. oops! panic, what if it won't
start when I get back??!!

Car was fine when I got back 8.5 hours later, but having the headlights on AUTO meant they
were shining brightly as we pulled in at dusk. Other than really messing up my average kwh
usage (it was showing at 3m/kwh... little by little it is going up with each trip), it seems not
to have done any harm. This reminds me of the old "del *.*" command that some of us of a
certain age may have done back in the day. If you know what I mean, you may have done it,
too?!

BTW, what is the "DVD" people were talking about when this whole thing started? We did not
get a DVD in our delivery package - is there some official dvd somewhere?

So I finally got my Leaf a couple weekends ago (Nov 5). I bought an orphan in TN and trailered it myself up to Columbus, Ohio. I got a 2011 black sl w/ qc. I guess I'll be one of the few to try a non-CW Leaf in a CW environment, but it's a $1000 gamble I was willing to take. I've noticed that it does get a lot of looks, but a lot of people don't recognize it or realize it's electric until I tell them. Then they have all the usual questions (range, charge time, etc). I've got 260 gas free miles on it so far and loving every minute of it!

nlagnew said:
BTW, what is the "DVD" people were talking about when this whole thing started? We did not
get a DVD in our delivery package - is there some official dvd somewhere?

I got a DVD in the owner's manual packet. I haven't looked at it yet.

2012 Cayenne Red SL picked up yesterday at Round Rock Nissan (north of Austin). Replaces 2006 Lexus RX400h. Drove the Leaf 63 miles in errands first day, came home and plugged into Schneider EVSE for first time. Everything worked exactly as it should - great car! Only charged for three hours to get back to 100% SOC. A much better overall experience than my home-built EV was, but I didn't get the satisfaction of building it myself. Actually, the husband is very happy about that last part! Now... off to figure out the best sunroof/ragtop to install.

Kwirky said:
I got a DVD in the owner's manual packet. I haven't looked at it yet.
I found the DVD somewhat useful, but the rest of the family groans with boredom if I mention looking at it.

Took delivery of my 2012 Nissan LEAF at Capital Nissan in Atlanta this afternoon. Hard to believe how long I waited for this, but glad it is finally here. Transaction (lease) was smooth and took about 2 hours.

Back