The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gjohnson said:
the sales person I have emailed with over the past months was not available as his email from a few days earlier had indicated and anther sales person helped with my transaction.

You're the third person to report this, and I'm thinking this may actually be the standard operating procedure at many dealerships (at least for the Leaf).
When I emailed my concern to Brendan (at Boardwalk) that he might not receive full credit for the sale, this was his response:

"Thanks for looking out for me on the sales recognition, but Nate gets full credit for the sale. I was tasked with the marketing for LEAF, and the ordering/subsequent follow up, and as a result I don't need the credit of the sale as to ensure compensation"

So perhaps it is a similar situation in your case too, George.

Got my LEAF today at Boardwalk. I posted my experience in the April Deliveries thread as I felt that the details would be more helpful to those who haven't received their LEAF yet:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2662&start=1310

The LEAF is happily trickle charging in the garage. Got home with 37 miles (of which I personally drove 31) with 69 miles left according to the range estimator.

EV grin all over my face and wife loves the car :)

idunk said:
Got my LEAF today at Boardwalk.

Congratulations, Stefano on your new LEAF. I hope your wife lets you drive it sometimes.
I have been away from the LEAF for a few days so haven't driven much. What little I did drive, it was great. When I get home, I am sure to come up with many reasons why I need to drive the LEAF. Hope it doesn't cut into my walking for exercise.

Enjoy.

idunk, congratulations!!! Your posts about your dashboard experience were very helpful in keeping my frustrations with the ordering process under control. I was able to predict what would happen with my dashboard and thus maintain hope that My Leaf would appear sooner than the dashboard indicated.

Thank you linkim!!! It's been 10 long days since yours arrived at the dealer :) I am enjoying it and wife will let me drive it most of the time.
Stanley, I am glad I helped. Good luck and when you first drive it, all the suffering and waiting will be magically gone.

:D just got my leaf from santa monica nissan yesterday. paul scott was really helpful with alot of hand-holding durring the long wait for delivery. but now that it is here it is great. had my charging station installed today. all set! can you say no more gas?

I got my Leaf from Bankston Nissan in Dallas last Thursday. Process took 2 hours, have enjoyed the car so far over the last seven years. Bob Hale (Internet Sales Manager), Basil Nacy, and Caroline Finley all did a superb job! I would note:
-Car is a hoot to drive because of all of the torque - 207 ft/lbs at available immediately vs. a Porsche Boxster with 214 ft/lbs at approx. 4,500 RPM --The integration with my iPhone is terrific
-The cabin and the seats are particularly comfortable
-We don't all carry swiss army knives, and the Leaf is perfect for it's application - urban/suburban car to be driven locally.

Every one who is among the bleeding edge has a reason(s) for buying a Leaf that are important to them - otherwise, why go through all the brain damage. Two conclusions - in addition, the Leaf is just enormous fun and b-the Pure Electric is a real alternative in a way that even hybrids (which add complexity, cost and weight) are not.

Richard
Silver SL, VIN 0944

I finally got my leaf on April 27th at Boardwalk Nissan. It was a long wait but worth it even with the Nissan screw up with the ordering sequence. Anyway, the car is everything I hoped for and then some. I am always looking for some excuse to use it. :D

By the way, Brendan from Boardwalk Nissan has been extremely helpful from the beginning to delivery. He has helped me in countless ways with this car. He replies seconds after sending an email, very responsive. I have noting but good praise to this guy and just wanted to share it with everyone. He is certainly an asset to Boardwalk Nissan. Bravo, Brendan! Thanks for all your help.

I got the call about 5:00 on Thursday night from Will at Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa that my Leaf would be ready the next morning. So, on Friday, I tried to distract myself as best as I could for a couple of hours and then went in about 11:00am. Leon was in Kaui and I never met Will, but the whole purchase process went very smoothly. Thanks to the forum (thanks guys and gals!), I knew exactly what money factor I wanted and the terms of the lease. I even caught the extra $1.75 tire tax which really impressed the associate working with me. :)

The guys at Mossy even took the time to print off my applications for the HOV lane waiver and my CVRP rebate application. The whole thing only took about 2 hours, and a large portion of that was me playing with the car and its features. I only had about 15 minutes with the car during the special drive event last year, and so I felt like there was a lot to learn. But, we are home now and I'm looking forward to a full day of messing with it! And, sure enough, when I drove home I had the full-out EV Grin....heck, I still do!

A short video of us driving the first mile in our new Leaf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqCimPSQ5mQ

We're really enjoying the car.

I took a day off from work on Friday to get the car, but after 3+ hours at the dealer--which was rewarding and interesting, thank you Ryan--we (partner and I) had to leave at 6:15pm because of a dinner date with our daughter. We did the paperwork and learned allot about the car. But there was more paperwork to do and also the car wings would not accept our ID. The tech had gone home and so it couldnt be fixed.

We returned Saturday and spent another 4+ hours, finishing all the details, including break for lunch at a nearby soba shop. By then, we were pretty worn with the process. The staff is very nice. They rewashed and detailed my car, and I found a way to thank the detailer. The General Manager discussed with us his philosophy that has them selling Leafs for 1k off msrp and NOT ripping folks on orphans. They also make their chargers available to all. There was another Leaf customer there in the afternoon checking out his Black Leaf with his son, both in the front seat and books out. Dad was in a t-shirt that said FARM HAND.

The drive home (15 miles mostly freeway) was flawless in RED. The car is like a giant video game what with trees and kWh/mile functions. The car has zip in drive, and the eco system and regen are impressive. I can see where the daily commute is going to be even more amusing than the mpg games I was playing in my stick-shift Volvo with its instantaneous read out.

I am trying to figure out how coasting in Neutral works in extending mileage; It was a key thing in my Volvo driving. It seems to be a negative in the Leaf as opposed to ECO, but I am not clear on that.

Overall, I am fine with the purchase--not wild-eyed and with the big EV smile-- and overwhelmed with all the gadgetry and the manuals. My wise daughter -- who is trying to decide which of two graduate schools to attend, says: "You will be all over that, dad, in no time." As an aside, the phone APP won't accept my car wings and no one is home at LEAF dial-up to solve the problem on Sunday. (turns out that the ID and password you enter are NOT the carwings ID/Pwrd, they are the ones associated with the nissanowner site sign on.)

Charging last night went fine. The Blink runs flawlessly. I used the timer bypass, though I scheduled the auto-charge on the Leaf timer, which I will test out after the commute Monday. I learned from folks here not to use the Blink timer.

The twin rebates with the reduced price EVP install (still had to pay $400) makes Red a good deal, and I ache for the ease of the HOV sticker. The charging deal from LADWP is the bomb--about 8.5 cents a kWh, for the power that doesn't come from my PV array. I expect I will get more excited about it as I drive it more and work the vroom a bit. My commute is 50 miles rdtrip. I love the quiet, though I wonder about whirring noise I heard getting onto the freeway.

I was surprised at the size of the car. I was thinking more Mini than family Hatchback, as I never saw one before I saw Red on Friday. I do like the height of the vehicle, and the seating and driving positions are comfortable.

I doubt I would pay 37k with tax for this car without the rebates, but that is a snap judgment. Our ICE is a basic Audi Avant--32k bought at end of model year; very fine car. I will know more in a week, but I do not think I will reach the level of enthusiasm of the dedicated EV folks here, or the geeks who are so ready to tear the car apart and spend hours and hours at it, nor be as totally happy with the car as I am with my 2.5-year-old solar system. I simply love that; it was the smartest thing I ever bought.

I remain an advocate for EV cars. To me, Red is more transportation than hobby or religion. It is simply the RIGHT thing to do here in SoCal and if you have a normal commute. We need to get off oil and supporting its collective corporate greed, out of the blood-for-oil game, throttle back on the air and the production/pollution chain of petroleum, and do more with less -- nuclear power is also a death cycle. The batteries from our cars can be transitioned to storage units in our houses when their capacity dwindles so that they are not efficient enough to be driven around. I still marvel that so few houses in SoCal have solar with all the sun pouring down here.

I thank the forum for all its collective wisdom. I expect to be around to share more information and learn. (apologies to all the left behinds who are still waiting for their cars and blessings to the Japanese people who are enduring their catastrophe and the unfolding nuclear nightmare.)

svBackstreets said:

The window tinting really made the white color look sharp. I'll bet in Tuscon this is virtually a necessity.

Congrats, you have taken your first step into a larger world.

thankyouOB said:
I thank the forum for all its collective wisdom. I expect to be around to share more information and learn. (apologies to all the left behinds who are still waiting for their cars and blessings to the Japanese people who are enduring their catastrophe and the unfolding nuclear nightmare.)

Congratulations OB and thanks for an interesting delivery post. Best wishes for learning about and enjoying your new EV.

I agree with you about your thoughts on solar. We've had ours up for more than 4 years and that project made me into an energy geek, caused us to further conserve and produced a solar surplus that will provide about 7,000 miles per year of zero emissions driving and over 12,000 miles of driving free of fuel costs, due to SCE's TOU rate plan.

I'm so surprised that you had never seen an actual LEAF before buying yours. You were definitely a committed buyer from the outset, weren't you?

Happy motoring. Please come to one of our meetups in Cerritos on a Saturday if you get a chance. Next one is May 14 between 0800 and 0830 at Cerritos Nissan, free breakfast and charging available.

Cheers.

thankyouOB said:
We returned Saturday and spent another 4+ hours, finishing all the details, including break for lunch at a nearby soba shop. By then, we were pretty worn with the process. The staff is very nice. They rewashed and detailed my car, and I found a way to thank the detailer. The General Manager discussed with us his philosophy that has them selling Leafs for 1k off msrp and NOT ripping folks on orphans. They also make their chargers available to all. There was another Leaf customer there in the afternoon checking out his Black Leaf with his son, both in the front seat and books out. Dad was in a t-shirt that said FARM HAND.

Congratulations, thankyouOB! Good to hear of another SoCal dealership treating their customers right!

svBackstreets said:

congratulations, svBackstreets! The tinting looks great against the white! The more I see the white up close, the more I like it. Enjoy your new Leaf!

Got my LEAF Friday, but won't be commuting to work until next week while I'm waiting for my L1 upgrade unit. I commute 63 miles one way and need to charge 240 volt at work in order to get back up the hill to Angels Camp. So weird stopping at a stop sign or light and hearing nothing. :)

trentr said:
I finally got my leaf on April 27th at Boardwalk Nissan. It was a long wait but worth it even with the Nissan screw up with the ordering sequence. Anyway, the car is everything I hoped for and then some. I am always looking for some excuse to use it. :D

By the way, Brendan from Boardwalk Nissan has been extremely helpful from the beginning to delivery. He has helped me in countless ways with this car. He replies seconds after sending an email, very responsive. I have noting but good praise to this guy and just wanted to share it with everyone. He is certainly an asset to Boardwalk Nissan. Bravo, Brendan! Thanks for all your help.

Glad to help! I had a nice relaxing weekend, but to keep my girlfriend happy I left my blackberry at home, as she knows all I do is shoot back emails and work whenever it beeps. Sorry in advance for everyone who pinged me this weekend. :lol:

Enjoy your LEAF! :D

Our car arrived today. Got the call from Mark at Mossy Nissan, Poway office, here in sunny San Diego. There was no 7 day email.

I already went by and gave them my drivers license, proof of insurance, and filled out a credit application. Going back to finish that up with a check from my credit union and vanity plates. Delivery tonight or tomorrow.

Back