TCU USB Comm AV-199

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olle73

Hello,

When reading the DTCs by Leaf Spy Pro, I get this fault code. Does anyone knows what it means?

B.R

Service manual states: It is detected for malfunction of the USB communication module (communication disabled) between TCU and AV control unit.
Solutions: Check the USB harness connection and erase DTC. Replace TCU if the malfunction constantly occurs.

I would just clear the DTC and take it in if it comes back. Does carwings work ok for you?

JeremyW said:
Service manual states: It is detected for malfunction of the USB communication module (communication disabled) between TCU and AV control unit.
Solutions: Check the USB harness connection and erase DTC. Replace TCU if the malfunction constantly occurs.

I would just clear the DTC and take it in if it comes back. Does carwings work ok for you?

Do I dare to clear DTCs?

Carwings works partly. I´m able to activate/deactivate AC and charging, but the driving history is not correct.

Might well be something wrong with the USB connection between the TCU and the navigation. The charging and remote climate commands are done by the TCU over the CAN bus; The stat tracking and station updating is done via USB. I'd say don't clear the DTC and take it in. :)

JeremyW said:
Might well be something wrong with the USB connection between the TCU and the navigation. The charging and remote climate commands are done by the TCU over the CAN bus; The stat tracking and station updating is done via USB. I'd say don't clear the DTC and take it in. :)

Is it possible to see if this DTC is inactive (an old one). Because I had problems with the navigation, but they fixed it last week. So maybe this DTC is an inactive one?

Back