My LeafSpy DTC 2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McLeafy

Hello all,
I just search for similar issues, but still not sure how to read my LeafSpy (please see below) my 2013 Nissan leaf won’t start all the lights on the dash come on the radio works. I just checked the 12 V it says it’s 12.45 the night before I was charging at my sister’s house my nephew unplugged my slow charger from the wall first and then unplugged it from the car. As I was driving home, I noticed the dash light warning that is yellow with the car and the! Came on. The car seem to be driving a little slower so I didn’t take the highway home I took the slow roads.

Woke up and the car won’t start I’ll dash lights come on radio works etc. I tried disconnecting the negative from the 12 V opening and shutting the charger door port. I notice just now I tried to charge it at home and all the blue lights come on when I initially insert the nozzle however, no blue, blinking lights please help this is my only car and I can’t afford to take it to the shop right now since being laid off in May.😔

Thank you in advance🌿💚🌿

C1109 0008 ABS Battery Voltage Abnormal BRC-75
U1000 0108 ABS CAN Comm Circuit
U110D 0108 ABS E-Driven Intelligent Brake Comm BRC-130
>C118C 0109 ABS EV/HEV System BRC-126
B00A0 0008 AIR BAG
B142A 1608 AIR BAG
U1000 0008 BCM CAN Comm Circuit
B2562 0008 BCM Low Voltage BCS-69
B2601 0008 BCM Shift P Signal SEC-75
B26F2 0008 BCM IGN Relay On Stuck PCS-61
>C1706 0009 BCM Low Pressure RR WT-26
>C1A6E 0109 BRAKE EV/HEV System BR-146
>C1A70 0109 BRAKE Brake Control System BR-160
B2820 0008 CHARGER Quick Charger VC-63
U100A 8708 CHARGER
Ok None ---> EPS
P31E0 0008 EV/HEV HV System Interlock Error EVC-300
Ok None ---> HVAC
Ok None ---> HV BATTERY
Ok None ---> IPDM E/R
Ok None ---> METER
Ok None ---> MOTOR CONTROL
Ok None ---> MULTI AV
Ok None ---> SHIFT
U1A05 0008 TCU USB Comm AV-199
Ok None ---> VSP
Ok None ---> AVM

1. Use LEAF Spy Pro to clear DTC's.
2. Disconnect 12V battery (remove negative cable from battery).
3. Connect 12V incandescent light bulb between disconnected negative cable (ground) and positive terminal of 12V battery (positive cable still connected). Wait 5 minutes with bulb connected.
4. Remove light bulb and reconnect negative battery cable.
5. Use LEAF Spy Pro to clear DTC's.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 at least 3 times before giving up.

Your list of DTC's shows many CAN Bus communication errors. Those errors can lock up the CAN bus and keep the various control modules from communicating. It sometimes takes several 12V battery disconnect/reconnect and DTC clear attempts to get the control modules all reset. A weak 12V battery can cause these CAN bus communication errors.

Thank you Gerry - I have to do the lightbulb trick but here are my codes now

C118C 0109 ABS EV/HEV System BRC-126
Ok None ---> AIR BAG
Ok None ---> BCM
>C1A6E 0109 BRAKE EV/HEV System BR-146
>C1A70 0109 BRAKE Brake Control System BR-160
Ok None ---> CHARGER
Ok None ---> EPS
>P31E0 000B EV/HEV HV System Interlock Error EVC-300
Ok None ---> HVAC
Ok None ---> HV BATTERY
Ok None ---> IPDM E/R
Ok None ---> METER
Ok None ---> MOTOR CONTROL
Ok None ---> MULTI AV
Ok None ---> SHIFT
Ok None ---> TCU
Ok None ---> VSP
Ok None ---> AVM

There’s hardly any mechanics that fix EVs but the only one I have used that I paid over 2k in Nov 22 to replace my transaxle 😢 zoomed in on error P31 E0 and texted back “no bueno” 😩

Yes, the P31 E0 DTC is ominous. Try the code clearing process (with light bulb) a couple more times before giving up. Also, make sure the 12V battery is fully charged (use an external automotive battery charger) before trying to clear codes. I am sure the car will not go into ready to drive mode unless you can get the P31 E0 code to clear.

What is the voltage on the 12volt battery / circuit when the car is OFF ?
The 12 volt circuit and connected terminals on battery are the same.

It would not be a miracle if you fix all your problems in 10 sec by:

Start electronics (2x start without break) and switch heater/full beam ON and OFF a couple of times.

Please can you let me know if this worked? I am also still interested in the OFF voltage. Sorry to be such a pain.

Back