Start Charging Email

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normcorriveau

Does anyone get a "Started Charging" email when using the timer? I have the timer set to finish charging to 80% at 7:00am with no start time. Every day I get the "charging stopped with 10 of 12 bars" email usually around 4:30am. I have never received an email to tell me when charging starts however. It would be nice to know how long the charging actually took.

I've got a 2012 SL that I just got a week ago and am having a blast!

normcorriveau said:
Does anyone get a "Started Charging" email when using the timer? I have the timer set to finish charging to 80% at 7:00am with no start time. Every day I get the "charging stopped with 10 of 12 bars" email usually around 4:30am. I have never received an email to tell me when charging starts however. It would be nice to know how long the charging actually took.

Nope. Haven't figured that one out. And it was hard enough to figure out how to get the plug-in reminder and stop charging messages to work.

To get the plug-in reminder you have to adjust a setting to add your home charging station to its database of charging stations so that it knows you are parked near a charging station. I originally thought it would send a message when the timer was due to fire if it wasn't plugged in, but the behavior is that if you pull into your driveway and don't plug in for several minutes (maybe 5-10?) it sends you a plug in reminder message. I guess I would prefer to get the message then rather than 1:00am when the timer is set to go off!

My next goal is to figure out how to get it to text me when charging is STOPPED vs charging COMPLETE. The text message (and e-mail) I get is different and does indicate whether the charging was interrupted versus just completing normally. I am very interested in knowing when the charging was interrupted (as that may indicate for example that someone unplugged me at a public charging station), but I don't care as much about the charging COMPLETE message (particularly since it seems to wrap up at about 4:00am even though I have the timer set to end at 6:30.

I have "charge on" (email and text on) does not work for me too. I have smart meter so really I do not need that info because I will get all from my SM program. Now Charge on (email and text off)

Same here, but I have the start time set on my charger. I do get the charging complete e-mails.

Maybe, as a test, I'll remove the start time and set the end time to midnight and see what happens (currently my start time is 6:00 pm and charging completes by itself at 9:00 pm).

nope. i use txt. i get too much email so i disabled new email notif on my cell. i have unlimited txt so that is my preferred method of communication anyway

DaveinOlyWA said:
nope. i use txt. i get too much email so i disabled new email notif on my cell. i have unlimited txt so that is my preferred method of communication anyway

Do you get the start charging TEXT though? I (and it sounds like the OP) have those boxes checked in the owner's portal, but don't get any texts or e-mails.

lpickup said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Do you get the start charging TEXT though? I (and it sounds like the OP) have those boxes checked in the owner's portal, but don't get any texts or e-mails.

no, i dont but i dont use timer. i only really care if

1) it stops without being fully charged and i do get unplugged msg

2) when it is completely charged which i also get. the start thing, i dont know. have to try the timer one day to see.

Back