SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 8 of us today, with many good conversations, with at least 5 LEAFs,
but one person just had a big Fit. :lol:

Suggestions :
August Gathering 24a at HTB in Cerritos on Aug 4th?
2nd year Anniversary Celebration BBQ at Dory's workplace on Aug 18th?
Possibly a Gathering at HTB in Santa Ana on Aug 25th?

garygid said:
About 8 of us today, with many good conversations, with at least 5 LEAFs,
but one person just had a big Fit. :lol:

Suggestions :

I can't make the 18th... :cry:

All these dates look good. When will the decision be made?

garygid said:
Suggestions :

Although the BBQ Celebration of making it to the end of our 2nd year
of Gatherings is still tentative, we will have our regular HTB breakfast
Clustering as usual.

Those who are willing to help Dory with the planning, setup, and cleanup
should offer here, and she can PM as needed.

I suspect more or less of a noon or afternoon timing, with a coordinated
potluck, with the group bringing almost everything she doesn't have.
I believe that she has a covered warehouse of some sort, but we will
need to wait for more details from her.

I hope to see you there.

I plan to be at the Cerritos meeting on Aug 4. I will charge to the current "100%" for the first time in 2 months to see my current capacity.
I also would like to be part of the Aug 18 potluck at Dori's, including cleanup.

I did amazingly well on the treadmill at the cardiologist this morning. 4-5 mph very brisk walk reaching 14 degree tilt, 130 beats per minute. The test included radioisotope imaging before and after the treadmill. The doctor and everyone else were great. I was there to get cardio clearance for my surgery on the 28th.

I am back from my first 5-day trip to visit friends at Lake Almanor, near Mt. Lassen NP. Next Tuesday I fly to Durango to visit another set of friends.

Well done, Tom! Treadmills can be brutal. When I did one years ago, I was much fitter than I am now and it was still gruelling. Good for you.

For tbleakne and jvp:

My trip to Cerrittos used 30% of my charge.
The return used 40% (approximately 1400' elevation difference). Much of the freeway was rather slow as well.
17% remaining. My math error in thinking it would be less. The prediction should have been 16%.
Got LB warning at 360V. Yesterday LB was 358V.

Great seeing and talking with everyone.

Oops! :oops: I seemed to have missed a meeting this morning! Fortunately, I did make the auxiliary, off-site meeting at the Chademo with Gary and Tom in attendance where I was informed of this.
So sorry to have missed you all, it sounded like a great one. That said, here's the proposal for the 2nd Anniv. Potluck/BBQ get-together that I would have presented for your approval and discussion.
Date: Aug 18 Sat
Time: 10:00 - 1:00ish
Place: In Transit Design office, 11542 Knott St #6 Garden Grove, CA 92841
two doors down from the Fedex office facing Knott St, go around to
the back parking lot. Also, depending on weather and consensus, we
could also move it to Peppertree Park across the street and down one block.
Menu: Hot dogs will be on hand to be grilled,along with condiments otherwise, here are some suggestions
for items to be shared; paper plates, napkins and utensils, chips and dips, potato salad, drinks, BYOMeat,
or Non-meat if you don't want hot dogs, or want more than hot dogs, any side dish or dessert item
you'd like to share is welcome. If we lack anything there is, conveniently, a liquor store
across the street, and also Mike's BBQ if you'd like to take out from there.

RSVP: Please PM me at LeafyD and let me know what you'd like to bring and we'll coordinate what everyone's bringing.

91040 said:
For tbleakne and jvp:

My trip to Cerrittos used 30% of my charge.
The return used 40% (approximately 1400' elevation difference). Much of the freeway was rather slow as well.
17% remaining. My math error in thinking it would be less. The prediction should have been 16%.
Got LB warning at 360V. Yesterday LB was 358V.

A very fun meeting this morning, lots of fun and funny chat.

Did anyone else try to go home via the 605 south to 405 south transition (I'm guessing perhaps only JPV went that way)? What a nightmare. That ramp is shut down completely, traffic was jammed and the detour took us around the world, off the freeway, down Studebaker, east on Westminster and finally back onto the 405 at Springdale. A nice hour long drive home. though not many more miles. Luckily, the LEAF doesn't mind slow going. I'll have to keep an eye on that ramp closure for next time.

Boomer23 said:
91040 said:
For tbleakne and jvp:

My trip to Cerrittos used 30% of my charge. The return used 40% (approximately 1400' elevation difference). Much of the freeway was rather slow as well. 17% remaining. My math error in thinking it would be less. The prediction should have been 16%. Got LB warning at 360V. Yesterday LB was 358V.

A very fun meeting this morning, lots of fun and funny chat.
Ditto, so much so I lost track of time! Coulda stayed for lunch.
Oh, and Mr. Sea-Bass (... Mr. Contrabassoon, Mr. C-Bass. Ha ha. ONM. :p ), Glad you made it home okay.
I'll have to give your Gid-%-method a thought. For now, though, my brain is calibrated to Gid #s.

Boomer23 said:
Did anyone else try to go home via the 605 south to 405 south transition (I'm guessing perhaps only JPV went that way)? What a nightmare. That ramp is shut down completely, traffic was jammed and the detour took us around the world, off the freeway, down Studebaker, east on Westminster and finally back onto the 405 at Springdale. A nice hour long drive home. though not many more miles. Luckily, the LEAF doesn't mind slow going. I'll have to keep an eye on that ramp closure for next time.
Sorry about the traffic jam and the unplanned OC tour, Boomer. I took the 91 to 5 route home. So, it was mostly clear sailing for me, with a short segment past a 5-car banger in the 'slow' lane at one point. Nasty. I have enough mental images of scrunched LEAFs, and so do not want to be involved in an accident anytime soon.

Back