SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my leaf! :D Does anyone want to get together next week for a mini-meeting, not at a home town buffet, before I go up north?

Jeremy

JeremyW said:
I got my leaf! :D Does anyone want to get together next week for a mini-meeting, not at a home town buffet, before I go up north?

Jeremy

I should be able to do that on Saturday morning, Jeremy. Congrats again on your new LEAF!

Thanks to all of you who attended yesterday's breakfast meeting and made my wife and me a part of the group, and especially to Gary for organizing the breakfast every two weeks! Was able to see Gary's meter, learn of a couple new aps in development, experience the luxury of extended seat rails, get a back-of-napkin tutorial on squeezing 2-phase 120V out of 3-phase high-voltage distribution lines, and actually touch the Holy Grail of chargers, the Eaton QC at Mitsubishi's HQ. Of course, putting faces with names and making new friends was the best part and we look forward to doing it again! :D :D

Boomer23 said:
JeremyW said:

Jeremy

I should be able to do that on Saturday morning, Jeremy. Congrats again on your new LEAF!
+1 Saturday looks better than Sunday for me.

I'm thinking of Sunday Lunch, perhaps? I was thinking of selling some of my electronics junk at the TRW swap meet in El Segundo (carpooling with a family friend), so Saturday morning probably won't work for me. An alternative is Saturday evening.

Jeremy

I'm going to miss the Boomer23 vs 91040 banter the most! :lol:

Saturday noon in the Irvine area?

Alan, maybe we can meet at the QC Monday or..? I will be figuring out the moving details tomorrow afternoon.

Jeremy

I'm in, just need the time and place.

I saw J's shiny (dew-covered) new Pearl 2012 LEAF this AM,
and we checked his 100% charge with a GID-Meter.

I was ALMOST as excited for him, finally getting the EV he has wanted
for so long, as he was to show it off.

CONGRATULATIONS, Jeremy !!! :D :D :D

----------
Now, how will you get it to Folsom? :lol:

garygid said:
CONGRATULATIONS, Jeremy !!! :D :D :D

Thanks Gary! I love the car, I just have linted enthusiasm in the morning. Not a morning person. :lol:

Boomer23 said:
Jeremy, you're flying north with Tony, it seems? So weekend lunch plans are off?

No, lunch is still on. Tony is picking me up on the way, which will be several hours after lunch.

Maybe somewhere near south coast plaza? Would be nice to get a charge.

Jeremy

Congrats senior !!

corner bakery sounds 'if-ie' as I probably have to work. but I still wanted to throw out a hearty well wish on your new location, and your new ride.

The CB might be crowded at noon, but I intend to be there.

The parking structure to the Northwest has some (ChargePoint?)
L2 in the ground floor Vallet area. Enter from the North.

Latest posts

Back