SF Bay Area BayLeafs meet - 1 down, more to come

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
Spies said:
Peninsula is South? I beg to differ.
It is if your vantage point is SF:)
I suppose you got me there :D Referring to San Francisco as West sounds odd to me too. Its always just been referred to as "The City" or "San Fran" around these parts and never "Frisco" ;)

EVDRIVER said:
SF is West, peninsula is South, Marin is North bay, Berkley is East bay.
Yes, it does depend on your perspective, doesn't it? From where I sit, SF is North Bay(*), peninsula is, well, just Peninsula, San Jose is South Bay, Oakland and San Leandro are East Bay. Marin? That's somewhere way over the horizon - never think of it as being Bay Area at all. :lol: It's really strange when you think about it, but I've never heard anybody call anything West Bay.

* SF really is near the north end of San Francisco Bay, isn't it? I thought anything north of there was the San Pablo Bay.

Ray

P.S. - Oops, I just looked at a map. I always thought of Treasure Island as being a cork in the mouth of SF Bay, but apparently all that water north of there, around Berkeley, Richmond, Angel Island, etc. is also considered part of SF Bay, not San Pablo Bay.

Let's not argue geography--let's just get together instead.
Is the first one meant to be breakfast? Then Clarke's in MV won't do.
There's an "Original Pancake House" in Los Altos that might work (though I've only been to the one on DeAnza Blvd).

Spies said:
EVDRIVER said:
Spies said:
Peninsula is South? I beg to differ.
It is if your vantage point is SF:)
I suppose you got me there :D Referring to San Francisco as West sounds odd to me too. Its always just been referred to as "The City" or "San Fran" around these parts and never "Frisco" ;)

Please, no "San Fran", that's a step better than "Frisco" and the ever so terrible "Cali":)

gascant said:
Let's not argue geography--let's just get together instead.
Not arguing, just having fun. ;)

gascant said:
Is the first one meant to be breakfast? Then Clarke's in MV won't do.
There's an "Original Pancake House" in Los Altos that might work (though I've only been to the one on DeAnza Blvd).
I'd vote for lunch, or possibly brunch, myself. I tend to be more awake at 3 AM than I am at 11 AM. But if I'm outvoted, I'll make the effort.

As for location, I'd still like to encourage something up the peninsula, close to 101. I keep hoping we can include East Bay and SF folks. I've never been to Hobee's, but I see the Redwood Shores location is open until 3 PM on weekends. Being located halfway between the Dumbarton and San Mateo bridges makes it reasonable for a number of East Bay cities.

Ray

Or, on second thought, the most dense clusters of likely owners according to TimeHorse's Google map seem to be around Sunnyvale/Cupertino (and Mountain View), with San Jose's Almaden Valley a close runner-up. But I'm sure no one wants to go so far south that we discourage gudy!

Ray

planet4ever said:
Or, on second thought, the most dense clusters of likely owners according to TimeHorse's Google map seem to be around Sunnyvale/Cupertino (and Mountain View), with San Jose's Almaden Valley a close runner-up. But I'm sure no one wants to go so far south that we discourage gudy!

Ray

Maybe we can rotate--first one in Mountain View/Los Altos/Palo Alto area, then we could go across the Dumbarton bridge to Fremont for #2 and capture the East Bay folks. The Northern Peninsula folks should be able to make both on a full charge. I'd be up for brunch on a weekend, but weekday it'll have to be breakfast.

If it's Almaden valley, I can literally run there ;) (no gas or electricity needed)

All: how does Saturday, Feb. 26th somewhere in the Mountain View/Palo Alto area sound at around lunch time? That seems to capture a majority of interests and is somewhat geographically centered. At least as a placeholder? There may not be too many actual LEAFs there, but at least we could get organized and then plan for all those April deliveries.

gascant said:
All: how does Saturday, Feb. 26th somewhere in the Mountain View/Palo Alto area sound at around lunch time?.

Note that the Electric Auto Association (EAA) is holding their Bay Area annual chapter meeting that morning in Palo Alto from 10am-12noon:

Hewlett Packard Auditorium, Level A
3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94306

OK, it sounds like gascant, DeanG, and I can make it in Mountain View on Saturday Feb 26th, but Andy can't. How about the rest of you who've stuck your oar in the water here?
- EVDRIVER, gasmiser1, Glenn, gudy, leaf561, Spies, thimel?
- Not to mention the hundreds (grin) of lurkers.

I've been pushing for lunch, not breakfast, and gascant mentioned Clarke's. I've never been there, but it seems to be a highly rated hamburger place. I see that it's on El Camino, less than a mile northwest of 85. Reactions?

Ray

Back