Schneider EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hodad66 said:
maybe I got the last one or they realized that they really don't
have them yet. I'll keep ya posted.

Its on backorder, the online system let me place the order though. Thanks for the $50 off discount code, they did charge me my states tax as well though (%6.25).

I buy most everything on the internet, sans tax,
so the coupon helped a great deal with the decision.

The ebay AV units are still around for $599......

hodad66 said:
I buy most everything on the internet, sans tax,
so the coupon helped a great deal with the decision.

The ebay AV units are still around for $599......

yes I know, I'm going to try the Schnieder, looks a lot better made than the AV unit, no PHEV / EV until sometime in 2012 anyway, plenty of time here. Getting it done before 12/31/11 for the %30 tax credit.

hodad66 said:
same here on the tax issue.... too bad we missed the 50%

I didn't "miss it", I knew about it, but at the time, the only options where very pricey, as in the Clipper Creek CC-40 or CC-100, even with the EAA discount at the time, it was $2200 or so. It's a lot more reasonable now, although I guess I could have gotten the CC-100 (for real overkill), for $2550 at the time. Still, ~$700 seems much more reasonable, even with just a %30 tax credit, than spending $2500+ with a %50 credit. Plus the Leaf ordering wasn't even in site back then, I am still "fall/winter 2011", but at least the Leaf tour has been here (Boston), so it should be soon.

Now says "no longer available online".
And, it requests that you remove the item from your cart.

30 Amps (so it needs a 40-amp circuit)
18-foot cord
Indoor only
hard-wired only

But, if the APP50C4 ($50 off) coupon still worked,
this would be ... bringing the price down.

smkettner said:
It says hardwired..... but why not put a strain relief in the knock out and put a cord on it?

You can, but it would technically have to be a 50A range cord, it needs a 40A breaker, and supports a 32A pilot signal max. As far as I have seen in the documentation, it's non adjustable for lower amperage circuits.

the pictures (further back in this thread) seemed to show 30A
on the handle....

R0bEJ.jpg

mitch672 said:
smkettner said:
It says hardwired..... but why not put a strain relief in the knock out and put a cord on it?

You can, but it would technically have to be a 50A range cord, it needs a 40A breaker, and supports a 32A pilot signal max. As far as I have seen in the documentation, it's non adjustable for lower amperage circuits.

I am thinking this one:

1205.jpg

http://www.stayonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=17350

I have a 14-50 on a 40a circuit within a few feet ;)

Back