Scanners other than Leafspy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have any experience with computer based scanners other than Leafspy? I am looking for one that can run on Linux based laptops.
I have seen some in Beta testing, and are quite expensive but also are trying to unlock all the options the factory scanner can, including re-programing if I am understanding correctly.
I am not computer literate enough to work with stuff in beta testing. I wouldn't know how to trouble shoot.
I am fine with a USB to OBD2 type hook-up
So far I haven't found one that will work. I am willing to pay for one (doesn't have to be "freeware"). If I pay I want full support for any problems.

There are lots of tools out there that run on PCs or Linux or RaspberryPi etc that can transmit and receive/decode CANBUS messages. Most of them are used by hobbyists so they require a fair amount of knowledge.

The only program that I'm aware of that offers 'canned' commands for the Leaf is LeafSpy but there may be others. Maybe search at diyelectriccar.com or search for CANBUS Leaf programs.

Back