Revenge of the Electric Car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebill3

If you missed the film Revenge of the Electric Car, check your PBS station schedule. In the Seattle area, it is airing Sunday, 4/22, at 0000 hours.

ebill3 said:
If you missed the film Revenge of the Electric Car, check your PBS station schedule. In the Seattle area, it is airing Sunday, 4/22, at 0000 hours.

Thanks, got it! It was on at 3 AM Sunday morning on my local PBS.

Seeing it now on Netflix streaming. Enjoying it thoroughly after having been immensely depressed/angered by seeing "Who Killed the Electric Car" many years ago.

Arvind said:
Seeing it now on Netflix streaming. Enjoying it thoroughly after having been immensely depressed/angered by seeing "Who Killed the Electric Car" many years ago.

couldnt get my partner to pick it when we were with netflix streaming the other day.

i will sometime, however.

It's a good video. It inspired me to look into EVs. Ended up renting a Volt. Looked at Teslas a bunch. Ended up leasing a Leaf. Love it.

The two guys in the film who impressed me were Ghosn who combines practicality and vision, and Musk whose innovative startup forced GM to make a u turn on electric cars.

I liked that movie. It was very informative.

I felt it was bias to an extent and appealed to emotion it times however it was good to see this view of it. I wish GM would publish one of their own movie 'why we killed the electric car'. Even if it was a 'blunder' or 'ego' or 'dirty business and politics' thing (lets keep conspiracy out of this).

Big companies dont always think long term, or understand new things. The company I work for makes mistakes and cuts projects/products off that are in development or on the fringe of the companies core focus early as well; and we live with it. If our competition picks up on it and proves us wrong - you bet we put our best guys on it and catch up.

I think with the advent of the internet (something that was new when the EV-1 came out), smart phones, LCD monitors, Wi-Fi on the airplane, high gas prices, and general environmental awareness that society is ripe to accept - or at least acknowledge - BEV's as a viable transportation method.

Gas is only going up - the cheaper batteries get relative to ICE car maint + fuel the more demand and innovation we will see from BEV cars.

Unfortunately, the relatively poor sales of the Leaf probably contributed to Mark Perry leafing Nissan last year...

Arvind said:
The two guys in the film who impressed me were Ghosn who combines practicality and vision, and Musk whose innovative startup forced GM to make a u turn on electric cars.

TomT said:
Unfortunately, the relatively poor sales of the Leaf probably contributed to Ghosn leafing Nissan last year...

Arvind said:
Not sure of the intended pun. Ghosn is still CEO and chairman of Nissan.

I was sort of rewatching some if it the background while on my computer, as I have a Netflix streaming account now and it's there. (Had previously watched it for free on Hulu, IIRC.)

Fast forward a few years, I recognized Andy Palmer in a # of scenes. It looks like the Leaf's designer Inoue-san (http://www2.nissan-zeroemission.com/EN/LEAF/interview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is in the Tokyo Motor Show scene, where they're briefing Ghosn. I believe I was at that very TMS, as I have pics of the Leaf from that show in late 09.

CMYK4Life said:
I liked that movie. It was very informative.
(...)
I think with the advent of the internet (something that was new when the EV-1 came out), smart phones, LCD monitors, Wi-Fi on the airplane, high gas prices, and general environmental awareness that society is ripe to accept - or at least acknowledge - BEV's as a viable transportation method.

(...)

I think you mean the "World Wide Web" was new then. The Internet has been around since the late Sixties, and has been used for public discussion groups since the late Seventies, IIRC. Sorry about being OT, but it was quite possible to talk about things on the Net well before the EV-1. It was the WWW that made the discussions more accessible to people.

Just watched it.

Great movie, (not really the correct word for it....movie. Maybe story?)

Highly recommend it.

How about a 2014 update!!

Back