Has any one try this Grizzl-E Level 2 240V / 40A Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may seem odd, but to me calling neutral a 'grounded conductor' makes perfect sense.

As you mentioned, 'ground' and 'neutral' are tied together in the service entrance (but no where else....). I once failed an inspection for tying them together in a sub-panel in a detached garage so that fact is burned into my psyche now.

In the years since, I've done a fair amount of electrical wiring (solar, sub-panels, etc) and I've come to appreciate the rigor of the NEC. It might sound pedantic but unless you understand exactly what is going on it is easy to make a mistake. And to me at least, the best way to keep it all straight is to be very precise in my thinking and my terms.

I'm sure you know what a neutral wire does but I don't think it's wise to over-simplify the concepts involved. It's amazing how many people have absolutely no idea how electricity works but think that they can wire their own stuff as long as they just connect the right number and/or colors of wire together.

I am a Journeyman Electrician, fire alarm tech, UST A/B operator and I’m learning controls (Niagra/Distech). I don’t disagree with the code and I clearly stated that SageBrush is correct. My goal was to point out that calling people Laymen and talking over their head isn’t helpful. I wanted to defend the people that know what they are talking about but don’t use the NEC wording. I understand the important of wiring things correctly, so I understand the concern about over simplifying these concepts. I wonder if you can also see my concern, being rude and confusing isn’t helpful. This was not a discussion about how to wire things. Why does the code book have these confusing terms? Because the ground and the neutral are both technically grounded, yes they have different purposes. The code was written this way to avoid confusion. I don’t believe that the same can be said about some of the posts on here. I didn’t feel “talked down to” I felt disgusted at how rude and disrespectful you were being while you failed to bring understanding to those you insulted.

https://www.amazon.com/Grizzl-Elect...VSLY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1
I just bought an used 2022 Nissan leaf SV, however, the original 120/240 EVSE cable is missing. but the adapter 240V to 120V outlet plug is still there. If I buy this level 2 240V charger, can I temporarily put the adapter on the plug and use a 120V outlet before I install a 240V one?

Moreover, any good charger you recommend?

Thank you all for your suggestion
Missing like someone cut it out to steal copper? You’ve got a plug with a hacked off end? I’m confused.

It may seem odd, but to me calling neutral a 'grounded conductor' makes perfect sense.

As you mentioned, 'ground' and 'neutral' are tied together in the service entrance (but no where else....). I once failed an inspection for tying them together in a sub-panel in a detached garage so that fact is burned into my psyche now.

In the years since, I've done a fair amount of electrical wiring (solar, sub-panels, etc) and I've come to appreciate the rigor of the NEC. It might sound pedantic but unless you understand exactly what is going on it is easy to make a mistake. And to me at least, the best way to keep it all straight is to be very precise in my thinking and my terms.

I'm sure you know what a neutral wire does but I don't think it's wise to over-simplify the concepts involved. It's amazing how many people have absolutely no idea how electricity works but think that they can wire their own stuff as long as they just connect the right number and/or colors of wire together.
All code is written in blood. They don’t change it unless someone dies. And they keep updating it… (eek)

I joined this forum to learn and maybe help, I don’t know why I got involved though in this situation. Usually I ignore the pedants. I think as an electrician I was pulled in. I’ve also been watching a post about a car dead at the airport, it was interesting to see how quickly things turned from people trying to help to people arguing for or against the 12v battery being the cause. There are voices of reason saying “they’re not going to replace the battery without testing it first”. The funny thing is the car has already been towed to a dealership so they don’t need our help. Not only is the situation out of our hands it’s literally out of the owners hands at the dealership. The argument continues though. Seems like some people are here to argue, insult, confuse. . . I’m sorry if I offended you.

I joined this forum to learn and maybe help, I don’t know why I got involved though in this situation. Usually I ignore the pedants. I think as an electrician I was pulled in. I’ve also been watching a post about a car dead at the airport, it was interesting to see how quickly things turned from people trying to help to people arguing for or against the 12v battery being the cause. There are voices of reason saying “they’re not going to replace the battery without testing it first”. The funny thing is the car has already been towed to a dealership so they don’t need our help. Not only is the situation out of our hands it’s literally out of the owners hands at the dealership. The argument continues though. Seems like some people are here to argue, insult, confuse. . . I’m sorry if I offended you.
Mispost. Nothing to see here… move along, move along…

I got my 2022 SV plus. The 240 charger works at home, but not at work. It's a big factory with so many 240 V machinery.
The dealer says USA homes have 220V, and commercial places supply 208 V power only. I bought a 16A L2 charger from eBay and works just fine. Dealer says it is what it is, and nothing they can do.
USA homes are 240V/120V single phase. Commercial is mainly three phase so the voltage between any two of the three is usually 208V.

I have the Grizzl-E simple (not smart) Level 2 charger. It works well with my 2020 Leaf, but I can only use the timer in the Leaf to limit the length of charge, not set a charge level. The Grizzl-E cannot be connected to 110v. supply.

Back