Report about your may 1st reservation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sign of anything so far. I chatted yesterday and got this response:
We have not been provided with an exact time reservations are going to open. Only that they are to open on May 1st. If you are registered on the LEAF website you should receive an e-mail as soon as the reservations open.

No email for me, but I'm not at the front of the line, apparently.

It is now May 2, 2011 (12:25 am) in Japan. It is now May 1, 2011 (11:20 am Eastern Time and 8:20am Pacific time) here in the US. Maybe Nissan are waiting for Hawaii to wake up before opening the reservations.

If I remember correctly, the eMails were sent out in "market waves" or "groups". Being in CA all our eMails came at the exact same time and were very late in the day (like an hour before they were supposed to close). People were FREAKING OUT! Yes, I had the screen image of my Inbox seared into the back of my eyeballs... but it was worth it. Oh and you will get to do it all over again on your order day. Good luck to everyone!

Last year was it not about 2:30p pacific when the reservations opened?
Although I would not be surprised if May 1st was dropped from the calendar like the 2010 orders. ;)

Ya, all the CA eMails came at like 2:24 and the Reservation Window was supposed to only be till 3:00pm. We were all losing our minds!!!

This round will be stranger because I think people with fresh registrations are being thrown in with people who registered with Nissan long ago. Not sure if this will be a factor and would not blame Nissan if they spread the new round out over a few days. This could give preference to old registrations first. But, who knows?!?

lemketron said:
gbarry42 said:
"Nothing happens."
You mean "Zero" ?
Perhaps, they meant to say, "Week of May 1st" ;)

That other line was an ancient gag for the old timers, from the game "Adventure"
Here's another one for the ham radio enthusiasts:

"Good luck in the contest!"

10:30 a.m. Nothing new.. We have been in the Nissan system since before the first roll out. We missed it the first time but have been registered the entire time..

Back