Pricing Help!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the name of the dealership? It still sounds suspect to me...

Soviet said:
Just had a conversation with the boss of the house & the one who will be the primary driver of the vehicle. She already discussed it with our sales guy & he said that they goofed and the GM of the dealer agreed to lower the price on some of the added fees by $1,000 instead of going back to the original $31,445.

That all smells fishy.

In my opinion this is what you should do. Have the dealer list all of the line items, line by line. And by that, let me give you an example.

$31,400 (or your agreed upon quote... The exact price on your dashboard)
~$850 destination charge (this is standard)
$X.X tax (varies place to place)
$Y.Y registration fees (it's like 90-$100 here)
$Z.Z any other state/local fees
~$300 for dealer documentation fees (all of the paperwork you sign)

Someone chime in if I'm missing anything crucial here, but if you aren't opting for any addons (GAP coverage, extended warranty, etc) I'm pretty sure these are the only fees that should show up. Of course if they are listing other fees, make sure to have them explain it to you.
Anyone else confirm that?

Don't forget that if you are located in California, your sales tax from the DMV is calculated on the full price, not including any rebate. The rebates are applied afterwards. The DVM also has a fee calculator.

http://dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/index.jsp

-john

No way I'd agree to that. He'll be taking credit for sales tax savings that are a natural result of a lower price. Rule number one of car buying is to negotiate on the price, not monthly payments, not "out the door". THEN go over the fees, etc with a fine toothed comb. Too many was to manipulate the numbers to fool you into thinking you've saved "$1000". I agree with the others. at this point demand an itemized rundown of the deal, and call Nissan.

Back