Portable QC from 30A J1772 or other 240v source

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
For safety it requires a reasonably sized ISOLATED charger, I suggest finding an affordable one of those before doing anything else.

The LEAF has a built in isolation monitor, so using a non-isolated charger might be possible.

Also, this is interesting:
http://www.ev-charging-infrastructure.com/media/downloads/inline/takafumi-anegawa-tepco-11-20.1290790915.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks!

JimSouCal said:
TEG said:
Yeah, I have been throwing out the idea that QC could be multiple J1772s. You pull up to a lot and find 4 unused EVSEs so you start charging from all of them in parallel. Then if someone else drives up and needs one, they just unplug one of your cables and you finish off charging at a slower rate.
What would something like this look like? How would it function (in the abstract)?

So if CHAdeMO is DOA in USA, then put 3 J-plugs with three 6.6kW chargers in the car, and plug in as many plugs at once as you can find. (The more the merrier!)
multij.jpg

Empty lot with lots of J1772 EVSEs?, hook me up!
evse-pa-epri-20110604-001-m.jpg

The cords tend to be long enough that EVSEs from neighboring spots can reach the nose of the Leaf.
(I think they are designed to also go back to the rear of cars that have charge ports in back.)

TEG said:
Nice, different than what I envisioned; thanks for doing that. I was thinking a tote along spider gang box into the existing QC port. In any case, several times I have wished for a J1772 extension cord for those times a charger was around and the space blocked.

Back