Poll: who else here came from a high perf car like a 911

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Subaru WRX that I've modified as my toy. Since I rarely get to drive it anyplace I can have fun, I muuuuch prefer driving my Leaf. I take on ramps almost as fast in the Leaf anyway. :lol: I feel less guilty when I'm out wasting solar energy and not gas.

'08 Ferrari F430F1
'11 Toyota Sienna Limited
'07 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
'69 Camaro Convertible ZZ-502
'11 LEAF

LEAF driven daily, 99.9% in "ECO" mode! Other vehicles are purpose specific; LEAF quickly moved to vehicle #1

67535CB4-orig.jpg

I had several Porches, but traded last one n a few years ago for a Prius. I'm a major Prius fan, but the no as aspect of the Leaf was just to good to be true. I've had my Leaf a couple of days now and really enjoy driving it. Obviously, the range anxiety is the major drawback, but I'm hopeful the rollout of charging stations is upon us.

I sold my Turbo Miata before I got the LEAF. What I really miss is driving a convertible. Our other car is a 2005 Toyota Corolla. Once they come out with a nice little electric convertible sports car (love Tesla, don't lovre the price) at an affordable price I will probably pick one up and dump the Toyota. Mazda has talked about an electric Miata for a decade "the IBUKI" hopefully they will bring it to life some day. I was also interested in the Nissan Land Glider. I doubt that will ever be produced.

drmanny3 said:
How do you folks post a picture on this forum?
You need to store them on an external server like photobucket, then use an image tag (the Img button) to insert them into your post. The easiest way to see an example is to hit "quote" on a post that has an image. You can then see how the coding is done. But don't actually post a quote containing a picture or link somebody else's picture in your own post! It's extremely bad etiquette and sometimes the owner will switch the image out for something rude* to retaliate.

*I'm sure no one HERE would do that :roll: but I've seen it done elsewhere.

drmanny3 said:
How do you folks post a picture on this forum?

You have to post the picture to a picture hosting site. I use Imageshack. Then you copy the URL of the picture on the host site and click the "Img" link on this forum's editing page and paste the image URL between the two Img and /Img codes.

leafnode said:
'08 Ferrari F430F1
'11 Toyota Sienna Limited
'07 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
'69 Camaro Convertible ZZ-502
'11 LEAF

LEAF driven daily, 99.9% in "ECO" mode! Other vehicles are purpose specific; LEAF quickly moved to vehicle #1

VERY cool looking LEAF, one of the nicest I've ever seen. Can you tell about the paint job and the wheels?

The LEAF is the first car I don't feel bad about taking on very small trips.

Starting an engine, waiting for the oil to come up to temp, burning off the startup gasses in the EVAP/purge, holding the revs down while waiting for coolant to come up to speed, just to park it five miles away.. what a waste.

The Leaf, I can just hit Start and gun it from the moment the dash lights up. No guilt, no damage. So I don't mind taking it on really short romps.

There's something to be said for stop&go traffic as well.. no matter how nice the engine sounds, that Centerforce dual-friction clutch exacts a price from your left calf.

ttweed said:
Here's an image example for ya--the car I sold just before I bought the Leaf:
I forgot the other important thing. PLEASE size the images down to no more than 800 pixels wide (640 is better). Not everyone is always using PC monitors (I've seen MUCH bigger pics than this posted on here, it's not very nice when reading on a tablet).

BTW, Tom, Nice ride. How was the mileage on that? ;)

davewill said:
PLEASE size the images down to no more than 800 pixels wide (640 is better).
Oops, my bad--selected the wrong version of the pic. Just subbed a lo-res one.
BTW, Tom, Nice ride. How was the mileage on that? ;)
It got 22-25 mpg in 5th gear on the freeway if you were careful (fuel-injected LSx SBC engine). If you got your foot into the loud pedal a lot, maybe 15. On the track, 10-12 mpg. At least it ran on 91 and didn't need race gas. :shock:

TT

NSX-T and Ducati 1098 for me. I'm keeping them, but I mostly drive the Leaf. I'm hoping they all average out to something better than a Prius ;)

I sold my BMW 330i when I bought my Leaf. Not a 911, but it was still fun to drive. I do miss the handling and rumble of the BMW, but not the frequent trips to the gas station!

I ususally go to Cars and Coffee in Irvine, CA almost everyweek. I take the NSX-T and meet with a lot of my friends. I have taken the Leaf once, and got a lot of attention. People seemed really pleased to see the technology. I am thinking of recording the sound of a V8 or V12 and then playing it through the speakers of the Leaf as I drive through the parking lot looking for a place to stop. I don't know if I can muster up the guts to do it. I probably will get yelled at if I do, but it would be fun to see some of the faces I will get. :lol:

I am moving from my 1999 Corvette convertible to the Leaf. The Corvette is a great car but I was using it primarily to commute. Never buying gas again is a huge concept not just from an economical persepective, but also the effect on world politics that would take place if all cars were electric. It is a great feeling.

kenwallace said:
I sold my BMW 330i when I bought my Leaf. Not a 911, but it was still fun to drive. I do miss the handling and rumble of the BMW, but not the frequent trips to the gas station!

I also moved from a 330Ci (convertible) to the Leaf. Right now I'm so focused on the energy savings that performance driving has taken a back seat. I am driving a totally different, definitely safer way. I do like not having to get down so low to enter the vehicle, more visibility due to height, and just having a new car. Acceleration is great when not in ECO mode (or if you just step on it harder).

Yes, I'm right there with you Porsche and Ferrari guys. In my case the Leaf replaced 1997 Honda Civic. I'm talking hot stuff, the is the two door coupe with and the fancy trim level that comes with an extra 12 horsepower. I personally never got around to bolting on a gigantic spoiler or fake "Type R" sticker on it, but who knows what awesome modifications the new owner has made.

Back