Plot your future Leaf location on this Map !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pick the Red because I thought it would be easier to notice with it being quiet. I worry about kids in the neighborhood walking out in front of it. That might not be a big deal if the sound is required before my ships. I am in Florissant MO, which is a basically St. Louis. I hit a smag in the registration and did not get the deposit in until 4/23/10 but I am hoping to get it by March. I promised my current car to my daughter and I guess I will have to walk if it does not come in by then. :eek:

Stockton, CA. Reserved a white SL.

With my smart car, I reserved a yellow, but the dealer had a white orphan come up several months before my reservation was available, so I took it.

I just added my two closest Nissan Dealers to the map, using Yellow Push-Pins.

If you have visited a "local" dealer, and now consider them a potential LEAF-delivery dealer, you might add a Yellow Push-Pin and the Dealership Name.

Of 343 forum "members", only 168 have posted at least once.
So, of perhaps 16,800 (est.) reservations, we have only a 1% representation.

So, figure something like 100 "invisible" pins on the map for every one we see there.

Thus, you and one in Seattle might indicate 200 Reservations, and 4 to 6 pins in Orange County, CA could indicate 400 to 600 reservations around here.

I had LEAF/forun "info" cards printed and gave a stack to my 2 closest dealers, and they say they are passing them out to some of the people who want more information.

garygid said:
Of 343 forum "members", only 168 have posted at least once.
So, of perhaps 16,800 (est.) reservations, we have only a 1% representation.

So, figure something like 100 "invisible" pins on the map for every one we see there.

While we have 1% representation, we don;t know whether the representation is a statistically good representation. So no meaningful conclusion can be drawn from pin numbers.

With due deference to the SD Leafers we have here....pretty piss poor showing of pins in the SD county area compared to LA and Orange counties!

Perhaps ECOtality has made a huge mistake making SD and environs the EV Project city for Socal over Greater Los Angeles!

mwalsh said:
With due deference to the SD Leafers we have here....pretty piss poor showing of pins in the SD county area compared to LA and Orange counties!

Perhaps ECOtality has made a huge mistake making SD and environs the EV Project city for Socal over Greater Los Angeles!

I'm still the only one in Houston. There's 4 in the DFW area. I'm surprised by this.

Someone should put Lance's Leaf in Austin... :p

mwalsh said:

I could make my pin bigger. Would that help?? :lol:

Not sure I will be living here once I get access to a LEAF lease or purchase. But I'm listed on the map for Chatham Illinois at this time.

mwalsh said:

Hate to brag, but the EV Project should have concentrated on the SF bay area over LA and SD counties, we tend to have a lot of actively eco-oriented people up here.

mwalsh said:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jun/19/wwwxconomycom83466/

San Diego County, which is bounded to the South by the U.S. border with Mexico, along the West by the Pacific Ocean and in the East by the parched deserts of Imperial Valley, has often served as a test market for everything from light beer to broadband wireless plans. And over the next year or so, this cul-de-sac of Southern California is expected to serve as an extensive test market for at least 10 types of plug-in electric vehicles.

garygid said:
I had LEAF/forun "info" cards printed and gave a stack to my 2 closest dealers, and they say they are passing them out to some of the people who want more information.
Could you provide us a picture of the cards, Gary. I might want to reprint them with your permission to give to my local dealer. Jim

DeaneG said:
mwalsh said:

Hate to brag, but the EV Project should have concentrated on the SF bay area over LA and SD counties, we tend to have a lot of actively eco-oriented people up here.

From what I understand, there is a huge commitment from the cities participating in the subsidized program and it may not be the best deal for the cities.

Back