Picked up my 2013 SV yesterday :)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pjeitler

Hello all!
I picked up my 2013 Leaf SV yesterday evening. I was able to obtain a lot of information from this forum, which helped my make my decision to lease a BEV.

Currently I am just using the trickle charger but I have ordered the Open EVSE boards and will switch over to L2 charging as soon as it is built.

My wife will actually be the primary driver of the Leaf - it fits her driving profile perfectly. The kids love it it, too.

Anyway, just wanted to say a quick 'hello'.

Welcome, and don't be afraid to ask questions. You probably live right down 1431 from me. Don't be surprised if you keep finding "reasons" why you need to take the car to work.

Pjeitler said:
Hello all!
I picked up my 2013 Leaf SV yesterday evening. I was able to obtain a lot of information from this forum, which helped my make my decision to lease a BEV.

Currently I am just using the trickle charger but I have ordered the Open EVSE boards and will switch over to L2 charging as soon as it is built.

My wife will actually be the primary driver of the Leaf - it fits her driving profile perfectly. The kids love it it, too.

Congratulations!

I must say, I've never had a car that kept that new-car-feeling for so long. Almost 2 years and I still smile every time I get in to drive.

Pjeitler said:
Hello all!

Congrats. Pm me and we can meet and give you tips on the car. I own a 2011 Leaf and a 2013 Volt. I am by limecreek and 1431rd in the Cedar Park area.

Ian B

Thanks for the replies, Leaf Neighbors.
I will get in touch with you MrIanB. I am almost finished with my OpenEVSE build (quick charge at 6.6kWh).
First week has been great. I am taking extra trips to the grocery store just so I get to drive it. :D :D :D

Only annoyance so far is the phone book. It pulls all of the names from my iPhone contacts last name first and I haven't figured out how to change that.
My avg. m/kwh is 4.6 so far.

Back