Phoenix Range Test Sept 15, 2012 planning!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volusiano said:
I heard that you plan to block out all LEAF readings on the dashboard and screen, and rely on the GID meter and GPS readings only for data independence from LEAF readings.

That's fine and dandy, but I don't see any harm in recording all LEAF readings as well, SOC bars, capacity bars, temperature bars, and ESPECIALLY the energy efficiency readings, both on the dashboard and the screen. Also record recharge capacity after the range test like edakotarun suggested.

If anything, it can help to compare and to show how inaccurate or accurate the LEAF instrument readings are compared to your independent readings/data.
+1. All gauges should be recorded if possible.

derkraut said:
garygid said:
Tony,
We all wish you safe travels today.
Thanks for your dedication and attention to detail.
Your work is splendid.
Sincerely, Gary
+1 for sure. Thank you Tony W. :)

Agreed! I just read through all 29 pages and am looking forward to reading about how it goes.

opossum said:
I have taken up temporary residence in the PADT parking lot! :lol: 602-321-9464 if anyone needs logistical help.
Good luck guys. It's a little late mention it, but I hope SOMEONE told PADT that there were going to be squatters in their lot tonight.

davewill said:
opossum said:
I have taken up temporary residence in the PADT parking lot! :lol: 602-321-9464 if anyone needs logistical help.
Good luck guys. It's a little late mention it, but I hope SOMEONE told PADT that there were going to be squatters in their lot tonight.

On Tuesday, I ran into one of the Mario and Ward from PADT while L3 charging. They know about the test and this forum.

Harsha

We need a new Phoenix LEAF now. If you know anybody right now with a new LEAF (like one or two months max), I will pay $100 cash to pick it up from their house, drive it for 84 miles to Turtle, and return it to you before noon Saturday. We need it anytime between now and 5am Saturday.

Easy $100

Call 858-245-8217

I'll double it. Easy $200
TonyWilliams said:
We need a new Phoenix LEAF now. If you know anybody right now with a new LEAF (like one or two months max), I will pay $100 cash to pick it up from their house, drive it for 84 miles to Turtle, and return it to you before noon Saturday. We need it anytime between now and 5am Saturday.

Easy $100

Call 858-245-8217

TonyWilliams said:

Easy $100

Call 858-245-8217

This is NOT good news. Hope somebody comes through for you guys.

PkxV0l

QaBeX7

RYqDBV

Oqa50Q

PkxrY3

vrwl said:
TonyWilliams said:

Easy $100

Call 858-245-8217

This is NOT good news. Hope somebody comes through for you guys.
Hopefully someone comes thru.

The wording "Pay $100 for new LEAF now!!" was a little goofy to me. At first I didn't get it until I read the first post. I guess one could try Tweeting about, posting about it on FB and maybe even on the Nissan Leaf FB page. ;)

edit: I've tweeted about it but only have 14 followers, so it'd be blind luck if a Phoenician finds my tweet in a search. I've posted about it on my wall and Phoenician friend's FB wall. I know nobody else there.

surfingslovak said:

You weren't using the Blink QC to try to get to "100%" were you?
I haven't read all pages of this thread, but I hope the charges to 100% were done on L1 or L2, not the DC QC (which is notorious for mis-reporting the "fullness".)

We used the quick charger for most of the cars to get them to 100-ish, then L2 to finish them off. We have 11 cars fully charged right now. It's a rainbow of Leafs! We even recruited 2 more cars just by talking to a few unsuspecting owners who stopped by for a quick charge. Unfortunately, neither driver had a new Leaf.

We need a new LEAF because the GID reading on my 2012 leased on 6/26/2012 with less than 2500 miles on it was pathetic - lower than Tony's BC2BC LEAF.

Think that has anything to do with San Diego vs. Phoenix climate? :roll:

Back