Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know what the range of the Leaf will be with the air conditioning on during one of our 110 degree afternoons?

The A/C seems to be rather efficient. Especially if you can precool off grid power. The times I've run the A/C, after the initial demand, the power consumption goes to a couple hundred watts. If you can precool using grid power, I don't see it affecting total range by more than 5 miles. But that's just a semi-educated guess.

I got in the car and turned on the A/C while it was hooked up to the EVSE (Aerovironment). The charger didn't start charging. It was like it was going to run off of battery power until some amount of charge was depleted. Was pre-cool intended to run directly off the EVSE or does it need to deplete the battery somewhat before the EVSE kicks in?

I don't think you can do that. You have to use the timer or carwings to start pre-cooling. When you do it that way, the car doesn't actually turn on.

ERG4ALL said:
I got in the car and turned on the A/C while it was hooked up to the EVSE (Aerovironment). The charger didn't start charging.
I do not believe you were actually cooling the car. I started a discussion about it here but basically if you're in ACC mode you aren't getting heat or AC, instead you're just blowing air.

Does anyone in Phoenix know how long it took to get the MSO, after receiving the signed paperwork from the dealer?

This question is for anyone ordering out of state, who needed the MSO to register their vehicle.

turbo2ltr said:
Um, whats an MSO?

Manufacturer's Statement of Origin... a blank title essentially. I received mine from Fontana overnight after they were invoiced for the car. I took delivery on a Saturday and the MSO was overnighted on Tuesday. I went to the DMV on Wednesday and got my AZ title, plates, etc.

Turbo, anyone financing or leasing will not get the MSO as a title service has to add the leinholder to the title and issue it to the bank.

SilverLeaf, if you leased or financed you will not get the MSO. If you paid cash and also paid the sales tax through them then you will not be getting the MSO either. Only people who pay cash and plan to pay AZ sales tax at the DMV will get their MSO.

I did pay cash and am waiting to hear from the dealership about when to expect the MSO. I will be paying AZ taxes on the LEAF at Registration.

Just finished getting my LEAF Tinted.

Legal, all around. 35% on driver/passenger, 20% on rear passenger, 20% on rear window and front visor (AS-1).
Excellent quality film (he does all of my friend's BMW Dealership cars with the same film).
Total Cost $130 + $20 for the front visor. PM me, if you'd like his contact info.

Really convenient too. He comes to the house, and installs on your premises.

Front/Rear/Left/Right photos are available here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56626019@N05/5669913027/

SilverLeaf said:
Just finished getting my LEAF Tinted.

Legal, all around. 35% on driver/passenger, 20% on rear passenger, 20% on rear window and front visor (AS-1).
Excellent quality film (he does all of my friend's BMW Dealership cars with the same film).
Total Cost $130 + $20 for the front visor. PM me, if you'd like his contact info.

Really convenient too. He comes to the house, and installs on your premises.

Front/Rear/Left/Right photos are available here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56626019@N05/5669913027/

Nice photos SilverLeaf! :mrgreen:

Finally received my LEAF on Friday... it was such a soul-sucking process that I really couldnt enjoy my new toy until a day or two passed. So happy to have it- and have the purchasing process behind me. I do not have many positive things to report about Power Nissan.

so, look for yet another Glacier Pearl LEAF in the Chandler/Gilbert area :)

azpaula said:
Finally received my LEAF on Friday... it was such a soul-sucking process that I really couldnt enjoy my new toy until a day or two passed. So happy to have it- and have the purchasing process behind me. I do not have many positive things to report about Power Nissan.

Congrats! Which Power Nissan, Tempe or Chandler?

Saw a white Leaf here at the Intel covered parking lot in Chandler, by C6. Looks pretty new, still has it's temporary tags. Belong to anyone here?

phxsmiley said:
Saw a white Leaf here at the Intel covered parking lot in Chandler, by C6. Looks pretty new, still has it's temporary tags. Belong to anyone here?
:mrgreen: That was probably mine and it is silver.

Oops - you're right - I meant to say Silver! Subconsciously thinking about the White one I'm waiting to reserve ;) Great to see another Intel folk with one!

azpaula said:

:cry: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: I bet it was Power Nissan Chandler!? They are beyond terrible and I will never set a foot on their property.
Alan, the Leaf Expert was ok, but the others,.....!???@#$$$$!!!
I cannot believe they sell any cars at all.
I will have a nice letter written up to the owner of the Dealership and also to Nissan.

To all future Nissan customers in the Chandler/Gilbert area, please do yourself a favor, don't waist your time there.

azknauer said:
azpaula said:

:cry: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: I bet it was Power Nissan Chandler!? They are beyond terrible and I will never set a foot on their property.
Alan, the Leaf Expert was ok, but the others,.....!???@#$$$$!!!
I cannot believe they sell any cars at all.
I will have a nice letter written up to the owner of the Dealership and also to Nissan.

To all future Nissan customers in the Chandler/Gilbert area, please do yourself a favor, don't waist your time there.

For sales I cannot comment but Power Nissan Chandler's service department is very nice and I would go there rather than Tempe.

Gonewild said:
I would agree with Skywagan. I had my reprogramming done at Chandler Power Nissan.

I don't have any experience with the Service Dept. but Sales Staff is terrible.
For everybody who wants to know, here is the whole story.
About 4 weeks ago I went there to get my trade-in (BMW) appraised and they told me that they don't like to take any trades :?: for a Leave, but we could basically negotiate a better price ones the Leaf arrives.
I wondered about their statements and just went next door to Toyota and inquired about a Prius. They seamed happy for a new customer and offered me the price for my trade I was expecting.
I also went to BMW and had it appraised for even more $$$ in exchange for a new BMW, which had the same MSRP as the LEAF.
Then on Saturday when I came to pickup my Leaf, they made Photos of my BMW and after over 1 hr. of waiting, they gave the the exact same number as 4 weeks ago, which is almost $3000 less than Toyota.
When I tried to negotiate a better offer, they told me that I didn't had to take the Leaf because they have people waiting in line to get one.
So basically we can give you what ever we want for your trade and you either take it or keep your old car and we give your Leaf to another customer.
I never had a similar bad trade-in experience in my 28 years of buying and trading in cars.
Well I didn't want to keep my BMW so I took the low ball number from them to finish this madness after over 4 hours.
There are many Nissan dealers in the Valley and I don't mind to drive further to get decent customer service. :D

Back