Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
azpaula said:
so, yeah- ummm, I'm getting (someday) a glacier pearl LEAF too. and I live right on the Chandler/Gilbert border. SERIOUSLY! how can all of us in this area be getting the same color!? crazy!

I thought it was weird that two were here already, and then someone just wrote about a third, and then there is mine. what the heck!?

Hi Paula, I said it before, and I am beginning to wonder myself, that people in the Chandler area must all drive white LEAFs. We are going to have to find way to differentiate from all of us. I will have different (lighter) wheels on mine later on this week, so there is how I will stick out... haha.

Finally a reason for some excitement ordered on February 5th, dashboard shows delivery of May, on red e version

Wilson Electric emailed me to schedule my blink install. I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to it. I hope it works.

SolarCity came to do a site audit this morning. They found my roof joists have very long spans that may need to be beefed up...and even found a broken support 2x4 I'll need to get fixed.

Got my LED fog lights installed...even though they sent one that looked like an H11 but had different keying on the connector. I had to mod it a little. heh. For $20 a pair for 136 white LEDs, I can't complain.

1.5 seconds sooner and not only would I have had the first totaled leaf, but I'd probably be dead. Some idiot blew a red light right in front of me today. The cop behind me did nothing. When I asked him he said "sorry" he was on his way to a "hot call". I'm guessing the only thing hot was lunch.

turbo2ltr said:
Wilson Electric emailed me to schedule my blink install. I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to it. I hope it works.

SolarCity came to do a site audit this morning. They found my roof joists have very long spans that may need to be beefed up...and even found a broken support 2x4 I'll need to get fixed.

Got my LED fog lights installed...even though they sent one that looked like an H11 but had different keying on the connector. I had to mod it a little. heh. For $20 a pair for 136 white LEDs, I can't complain.

1.5 seconds sooner and not only would I have had the first totaled leaf, but I'd probably be dead. Some idiot blew a red light right in front of me today. The cop behind me did nothing. When I asked him he said "sorry" he was on his way to a "hot call". I'm guessing the only thing hot was lunch.
"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

turbo I got 68 LED bulbs $20 as well how many watts are yours?

I am picking up my AF plate on my way to work tomorrow other wise they would mail it and I would not get until Monday.

spyderrs said:
Finally a reason for some excitement ordered on February 5th, dashboard shows delivery of May, on red e version
I ordered on 2/24 and also got a May delivery notice on 3/15 like you do. This is after the earthquake though, so I'm not getting my hopes up in case the May date gets pushed out eventually once they adjust the schedule for the earthquake impact.

Gonewild said:
I am picking up my AF plate on my way to work tomorrow other wise they would mail it and I would not get until Monday.

Do we need the actual plate for carpool privileges, or can we get in the carpool lane with the temp plate?

SECON completed our install yesterday. It was an all day job and they were awesome! Our 35 year old panel needed a complete change-out after some burn out from last year left no more space for any more circuits. When APS came out to shut us down they took a look at our transformer in the front yard and found that the 35 year old transformer was leaking oil and needed a replacement too. Now we have a city-inspected, fully operational new panel, new water bond (which we apparently didn't have at all before!), new transformer, and a new Blink! SECON was great to work with and their quote was half the quote from Wilson.

Also yesterday, someone on the docks in LA found my car, so hopefully that'll be along shortly too. Yesterday was a good day.

azdre said:
SECON completed our install yesterday. It was an all day job and they were awesome! Our 35 year old panel needed a complete change-out after some burn out from last year left no more space for any more circuits. When APS came out to shut us down they took a look at our transformer in the front yard and found that the 35 year old transformer was leaking oil and needed a replacement too. Now we have a city-inspected, fully operational new panel, new water bond (which we apparently didn't have at all before!), new transformer, and a new Blink! SECON was great to work with and their quote was half the quote from Wilson.

Also yesterday, someone on the docks in LA found my car, so hopefully that'll be along shortly too. Yesterday was a good day.

Good news Drea! Your car should make it here in a week or sooner if it has been through port processing already.

I went to Peoria Nissan to discuss my possible trade in for the Leaf and the guy just received the printouts for eight future Leaf owners ..Looks like mine is official for April 8th then another one comes in a few weeks later (Campbell)and then in May, 6 more Leafs come into that dealer..He also showed me where they have 2 chargers installed..

I guess im going to have to call Ecotality to find out where my chargers is :cry:

Gonewild said:
turbo I got 68 LED bulbs $20 as well how many watts are yours?

I finally got my plate last week.

Skywagon gave me the ebay link so I think they are the same as yours.

Azrich said:
Silver, that was a great letter to ADOT. Are you an attorney?? It was worded so perfectly!!

A few weeks ago I wrote a "paper and envelope" letter to the store manager of the IKEA store encouraging them to contact the EV Project, also located in Tempe, to request that some charging stations there. When we go to Phoenix it seems we always spend several hours there. I haven't heard from them yet. I couldn't find any email address for the store. Any ideas?

You could contact ECOtality. I know a few of them and heard they already have interest from many major location including IKEA, so they can announce the one's who have signed on. It may even include SEARS, Wal Mart etc

I asked Wilson Electric to delay my blink install that was supposed to be tomorrow. They were happy to oblige. Hopefully some new firmware will drop soon that will fix at least the big issues.

turbo2ltr said:
Speaking of which, I signed a lease contract for a 5kw system from SolarCity this week.

NICE ! ! !
and congrats. What's the expected completion date looking like? 5kW AC or DC rated? What brand inverter/panels?

because APS is so backed up with their rebates, completion is probably close to december. I missed the 2nd quarter funding.

5.06kw DC, single inverter.

He mentioned what panels they were using, but I don't remember...nor do I really care. He said it could change depending on what they are currently using at the time of install. The whole system is warrantied bumper to bumper for 20 years so I'm not really concerned.

Intro--
Hi, just joined this forum. I reserved my Leaf on 4/21/10, ordered it 1/14/11. Supposed to arrive early May. I believe it's the glacier pearl. (It's been so long, LOL, and my husband picked the color--my red Prius was my middle-age-crisis car.)

My husband and I own two Prii, a 2001 and 2008. We took delivery of Prius #6 sold in Phoenix.

The 2001 only has 65K on it and is now my daughter's car in Tucson, and she will soon be driving it to law school in Northern CA.

The Leaf will be our first non-Toyota in 20 years. We purchased it even though my husband (a semiconductor engineer and industry analyst) is acquainted with the chief engineer for the Volt.) If you're familiar with the magazine Electronic Business News, he has a 3-part article with video there providing a consumer comparison of Volt vs Prius vs Leaf.

I'm looking forward to getting my Leaf--it will be my commuting car. I have a short commute--15 miles--and I work at home 3 days a week--so gas $$ was not a factor in my buying it.

Any other Honeywell North (Deer Valley) persons here? My boss said that there is a charging outlet on site (a now-retired director personally converted a Porsche and the company provided him with the 'plug'.) A coworker saw a red Leaf in the parking lot the other day...

turbo2ltr said:
I asked Wilson Electric to delay my blink install that was supposed to be tomorrow. They were happy to oblige. Hopefully some new firmware will drop soon that will fix at least the big issues.

turbo, how did your install go? The newest firmware did not install like it was suppose to on my Blink. I called Friday morning about it and by the time I returned home from getting the windows tinted, it had been updated. I used the "intranet" feature to load my kWh rates = still a bit clunky but better than the touchscreen.

Any other Honeywell North (Deer Valley) persons here? My boss said that there is a charging outlet on site (a now-retired director personally converted a Porsche and the company provided him with the 'plug'.) A coworker saw a red Leaf in the parking lot the other day...[/quote said:
I work across the street at the Arizona Republic building. And I drive from 19th and Deer Valley rd to 101 and ray. It is a 76 mile drive and I make it home with around 20 miles left. I drive about 60mph.

Back