Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlos said:

We had the discussion about 'local service' earlier. Any Nissan dealer close to me will work on the car, so I'm not worried about that. And they won't blame me if I can save $1600 on a car that they can't or won't match. :)[/quote]

Leaffan,
Are you in the August or September order queue? I can definitely take a day or two off to save $1,600.
Where are you looking to purchase out of state, Ca?

It just burns my chaps doing business in California.[/quote]

I'm hoping Fontana will match Rairdon's in WA offer or the 5% off MSRP of Bay Nissan, but if not, I'm buying from Rairdon's in WA for $100 under invoice and they'll pick up $450 of the shipping. I'm Sept., and Dee thought we would order Sept.1st, but not sure now with the Aug. delay.

I didn't call...But I did email...they are offering 100 below invoice...they will sell out of state...I did not get a special shipping offer...

Still it is quite impressive...

Gavin

Maybe we should all get together and hire a multi car transporter from CA to Phoenix! Or hell, have the dealer arrange it.

I didn't realize we wouldn't have to pay phoenix tax, just AZ state tax if we buy out of state.

turbo2ltr said:
Maybe we should all get together and hire a multi car transporter from CA to Phoenix! Or hell, have the dealer arrange it.

I didn't realize we wouldn't have to pay phoenix tax, just AZ state tax if we buy out of state.

I'm leasing, so I think I have to pay the 9.3% on each payment, which is state and city combined.

Normally, if you buy something and take delivery in CA (without a resale permit), you have to pay the CA sales tax.

Are cars treated differently?

If the car is shipped out of CA to you, maybe that changes things?

Phoenix buyers,

Can you tell me who is offering MSRP in the Phoenix area? Avondale? With only two dealers in Tucson, I would like to have an option or two in the Phoenix area before my RAQ Sept. date. I'm not sure how we would get the LEAF down here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Azrich said:
Phoenix buyers,

Can you tell me who is offering MSRP in the Phoenix area? Avondale? With only two dealers in Tucson, I would like to have an option or two in the Phoenix area before my RAQ Sept. date. I'm not sure how we would get the LEAF down here.

The EV Project has already committed to placing L3 EVSE in the Phoenix/Tucson freeway corridor (check Question 5 on the FAQ page). You may wish to check with them on the installation timing. Infrastructure may exist prior to you taking delivery, so you could just drive it home!

Azrich said:
Phoenix buyers,

Rich, a few of us have decided to buy/lease from CA or WA below MSRP. But if you want to buy here, Tempe, Chandler, and Avondale are all at MSRP, and won't budge below.

I called Midway Nissan and unfortunately they didn't have a clue about anything. I talked to Paulo.

I asked about pricing and they said they have no pricing info. Thats great seeing as we all know how long pricing has been available to the public.
He said he was still going through the training.
That "everything about the purchase was going to be online".
They do not have nor have they started any install of a charger at the dealer.

He did say there will be a team coming through in sept/oct with some LEAFs in tow so people can test drive them. Not sure how they plan to charge them though.. lol.

So it seems there aren't too many dealers in the area that are "up" on the leaf...A trip to LA with a trailer might be in order...

I got an email from Avondale a day or so back

Hi xxx, the new release date is Thuesday 31, August 2010 and we are still at M.S.R.P price . We have customers ready to take delivery on december , and fine with M.S.R.P price and no dealer adds , i will let
you know about any price changes.

Thank you

Felix

So off to

Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn (WA) $100 below Dealer Invoice

http://www.rairdon.com

Has anyone else in Phoenix gotten an email from the EV Project essentially saying "We would like to include you in the EV Project but your installation might be more expensive than allowed. We will provide you with a free charger and up to 1200 dollars towards installation but you are responsible for any overage above that. Please contact us asap if you are interested and would like to arrange a installation quote."

I got this email almost 4 weeks ago and have tried multiple times to contact them but have heard back only once, which was a short email saying they had received my email and I should hear back the next week. That was 3 weeks ago.

Also, if anyone is accepted into the EV Project, what is the latest regarding the level 3 charging port being included for free for ev project participants regardless of which trim level is selected.

Thanks

BrianShipman said:
Has anyone else in Phoenix gotten an email from the EV Project essentially saying "We would like to include you in the EV Project but your installation might be more expensive than allowed. We will provide you with a free charger and up to 1200 dollars towards installation but you are responsible for any overage above that. Please contact us asap if you are interested and would like to arrange a installation quote."
I got this email almost 4 weeks ago and have tried multiple times to contact them but have heard back only once, which was a short email saying they had received my email and I should hear back the next week. That was 3 weeks ago.
Also, if anyone is accepted into the EV Project, what is the latest regarding the level 3 charging port being included for free for ev project participants regardless of which trim level is selected.
Thanks

Brian, I sent you a PM.

I dont think anyone in phoenix has gotten their ECOtality assessment. Have they? Other than the call saying they got my info, I'm still waiting to hear from the local contractor.

Gonewild: I'm still trying to decide it "remote buying" is worth the savings...

turbo2ltr said:
I dont think anyone in phoenix has gotten their ECOtality assessment. Have they? Other than the call saying they got my info, I'm still waiting to hear from the local contractor.

Gonewild: I'm still trying to decide it "remote buying" is worth the savings...

If there's anyone from the Phoenix area that wants to join Gonewild and myself in a group buy/lease please PM me ASAP. Gonewild has an Aug. order month, and we'd like to finalize everything with our dealer. Our total savings is close to $2K, and we can get FREE shipping (5 cars or more)!

I am picking up my car from an out of state source as well but not from the Seattle area dealer. My savings will be very close that that amount as well. The main benefit to me is I am picking it up myself with my trailer. I do not have to concern myself with shipping damage. My order is an August one as well (tomorrow).

I also tried working with Avondale. I received this reply:

"I've checked with my GSM on whether or not there will be discounting on the LEAF. Arizona has less people signed up for th LEAF compared to California. Those dealerships are all over California and are racing to sell more LEAF's than anyone else.

They are going to get bogged down with customers sending in their requests. We are just trying to make sure the process of getting your LEAF goes smooth and you are able to get it in time before the end of the year. "

Yeah, forget about them. They cannot even put out a reply with proper spelling and grammer. Not very professional in my eyes.

Turbo2ltr, I have had my assesement for the EV project; occured last Thursday. Gonewild has had his assessment as well; the same morning as mine.

Sorry to be jumping in late, but another question. I am a Sept order.

Just talked to the MVD, and they said in no uncertain terms that no new vehicles will be receiving either the AFV plates or access to HOV lanes. They understood that I was inquiring about an electric vehicle, specifically the Leaf.

Is this everyones understanding as well? Just trying to get all the facts straight.

Also, a rep on Nissan chat said today that EV Project participants will only receive the free level 3 charger if ordering the SL trim level , and will not receive it if ordering the SV trim level.

Thanks

Brian

Back