[PHASED-OUT]: Tracking the $5k California CVRP Fund

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very rough numbers:

1. 1500 cars in LA to be delivered.
2. 1200 rebates left to be claimed.
3. 68% of all orders are for California
4. 68% of 1500 is 1020

Assuming that all persons whose orders have been affected by the earthquake and tsunami have been moved to Pending (and this appears to be the case), then everyone who still has a "month of May" on their dashboard is likely to qualify for the full CVRP this year. And so will a few (or perhaps as many as 180) more.

I really hope this is the case. But I think it could very well depend on whether or not Nissan re-allocates the VINs given to the people who somehow jumped the line. There are about 30 of them on the spreadsheet. If (a) the spreadsheet represents less than 1 in 6 orders for that time period; and (b) Nissan does not reallocate those VINs to the "lost" orders of 2010, then it will not work out that way.

Feel free to poke holes in this analysis. Vibrant discussion and additional insight welcome.

BlueSL said:
Very rough numbers:

1. 1500 cars in LA to be delivered.
2. 1200 rebates left to be claimed.
3. 68% of all orders are for California
4. 68% of 1500 is 1020

Assuming that all persons whose orders have been affected by the earthquake and tsunami have been moved to Pending (and this appears to be the case), then everyone who still has a "month of May" on their dashboard is likely to qualify for the full CVRP this year. And so will a few (or perhaps as many as 180) more.

I really hope this is the case. But I think it could very well depend on whether or not Nissan re-allocates the VINs given to the people who somehow jumped the line. There are about 30 of them on the spreadsheet. If (a) the spreadsheet represents less than 1 in 6 orders for that time period; and (b) Nissan does not reallocate those VINs to the "lost" orders of 2010, then it will not work out that way.

Feel free to poke holes in this analysis. Vibrant discussion and additional insight welcome.

The biggest hole to poke, and it's a favorable one, is that there is already an additional $2 million (approx) to be added at any moment, in fact based on what we last heard here from the CCSE folks, it should already have been added. That's 400 additional $5k rebates.

I'll update OP tonight ... sorry been busy. Also thinking of changing the format to something more readable during this "critical delivery wave" :p

Got my $5K rebate yesterday. The process was remarkably smooth, probably because it isn't administered by a state government agency. Interesting how I got my $5K rebate before I got my license plates.

We got ours within days of submitting the paperwork. Like the above post, the check came before our plates, which still haven't arrived.

Googler said:
Got my $5K rebate yesterday. The process was remarkably smooth, probably because it isn't administered by a state government agency. Interesting how I got my $5K rebate before I got my license plates.

uh, there are a lot more new cars than new leafs being handled at DMV, as opposed to 10 rebates a day out of CVRP.

you sound like scott walker.

Tell me if you guys would prefer future updates to simply be reflected with the most current graph as follows:

cvrpstatus201104021219.jpg

I think that we all need to keep in mind that an additional $2 million is about to be added to the fund for 2011 orders. The current graph gives an overestimate of the percentage of funds used. I realize that you can only show the data that CCSE posts, but I'm concerned that buyers will be overly concerned about the rapid pace of dwindling funds when there will be enough money for an additional 400 rebates of $5k each added.

You might want to put a disclaimer on the graph to that effect.

Otherwise, great job of providing a good information resource to those hoping for the rebate.

I'm wondering when the additional 2 million will be added to the CVRP Program Status page. Is the delay a result of not having the 2 million yet or just not having updated the pie chart yet?

I called the good folks from sustainable energy down in S.D. and they said the check's in the mail. Woo hoo!

Has the 2 million been added yet? I'm unsure by looking at the current pie chart....

RevBrent said:
Has the 2 million been added yet? I'm unsure by looking at the current pie chart....
No, Brent, it's still stuck on the old number. David Almeida told me last week that the funds are definitely "there" but that some procedural hurdle remains to be cleared before CCSE actually post the new money to the chart.

Glenn

Glenn said:
RevBrent said:
No, Brent, it's still stick on the old number. David Almeida told me last week that the funds are definitely "there" but that some procedural hurdle remains to be cleared before CCSE actually post the new money to the chart.

Glenn

Gotcha, thanks!

I don't know if 2 weeks is a record for CVRP, but I picked up my car March 26 (Saturday), applied online over the weekend, got the email approval on the 28th (Monday) and sent the documentation in with the email Tuesday.
The check arrived in today's (Monday's) mail, so nine business days includes round-trip mail (my docs and their check).

If only we could convince the DMV to adopt CCSE's processes, we would all have our HOV and EV stickers too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back