Owners: Any regrets?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No regrets,

Like many others have stated... this was the first car I purchased with out seeing or driving. There were two things that need to be change ASAP, one the white cloth seats need to go. They were replace with Leather. Second the windows need to be tinted.

Other then thoughts twi things I love the car. The best part is driving passed all the gas stations.

Googler said:
The other thing I regret is thinking that I could have this car in the PG&E service area. It's very expensive to purchase fuel unless you make special arrangements for how you purchase electricity in this region (northern California).

Only the solar people are getting any kind of reasonable deal on their juice in NorCal/PG&E Land. It is a shame, really, that PG&E would lag the way it has in making EVs successful. Here's to hoping that changes.

BlueSL said:
Googler said:
The other thing I regret is thinking that I could have this car in the PG&E service area. It's very expensive to purchase fuel unless you make special arrangements for how you purchase electricity in this region (northern California).

Only the solar people are getting any kind of reasonable deal on their juice in NorCal/PG&E Land. It is a shame, really, that PG&E would lag the way it has in making EVs successful. Here's to hoping that changes.

It is quite absurd that in "green" No. Cal, we have no rate alternatives and must pay a flat fee at all times. Also, the "baseline" usage amount is a joke. I don't even use AC in the summer and am not home until night and I still exceed PG&E's baseline rating.

Spindoctor said:
..It is quite absurd that in "green" No. Cal, we have no rate alternatives and must pay a flat fee at all times..
Time-of-use rate E9A is working well for me, at least when I don't run the air conditioner.

BlueSL said:
Googler said:

Yes, they are actively working on a way to screw everyone equally. :eek: :lol:

I don't regret buying the Leaf. I do regret upgrading to the SL-e and joining the EV Project. It has cost me $3258 to upgrade the car and my electrical system (after the $700 rebate for the EVP). Sure I have the backup camera, Homelink and the worthless solar panel, and at home the bigger electrical panel, but those aren't worth the cost. I could have done fine with Phil's modified EVSE and a dryer plug for a couple hundred dollars.

I have no regrets and find driving the Leaf quite fun. I do think it a mistake to use a light coloured fabric that stains easily for seats so I replaced it with leather. The windows also need a bit of tinting to keep the cabin cool. See here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No regrets here... I love my LEAF - I love showing it to curious people and answering questions about it.
This weekend I sold my old GAS vehicle ('94 Mazda Protege) which has been just sitting for the past 5 months since I bought the LEAF.
Now the LEAF is the only car I own. Anybody else out there getting by with just 1 EV?

People ask me "What will you do when you have to make a longer trip?" Answer: When do I HAVE TO make a longer trip? If I really need to drive a long distance I have plenty of options (rent, borrow) - I'd rather have more space in my garage and save $$ on transportation than hold on to a car "just in case"...

Spindoctor said:
BlueSL said:
Googler said:

It is quite absurd that in "green" No. Cal, we have no rate alternatives and must pay a flat fee at all times. Also, the "baseline" usage amount is a joke. I don't even use AC in the summer and am not home until night and I still exceed PG&E's baseline rating.

Use less power, and use it off-peak, and PG&E is a pretty good deal.

I got my first PG&E E9A monthly bill on 10/21, $37.43 for the 391 kWh I used, for both my home and my LEAF.

No sevice fee (yet) btw. Is that because I had a few days on E1, or does PG&E not charge it for "dumb" meters, like mine?

Of course, since peak rates ended 11/1, I expect that my future bills over the Winter, may not be be that OUTRAGEOUSLY high, until next May, unless PG&E jacks up E9A rates before then...

PS: Yes, I’m very happy with my LEAF, but my patience with California's bungling of the DC public charge infrastructure, is wearing pretty thin.

I certainly do not regret buying the LEAF. BUT, now that colder weather is setting in, I do regret having such little control of the climate control system.

Bill

I don't regret buying it. I have already done what many have said needs to be changed;
-I had the windows tinted
-I had leather and heated seats put in

Things I would have done differently;
-Got an SV and bought the home-link mirror and installed it myself.
-Got an SV and not participate in the EV Project. I could have saved money by hiring an electrician to install an outlet and bought an L2 charger for less than the SL + additional installation fees to get my charger installed.
-Not purchased floor mats as an option - bought them after the fact online (like I have for other accessories) to save some cash

There are definitely several features I don't like as much in the Leaf, as compared to my other car. However, there are many things about the Leaf that I like WAY better than in my other car - and I think that's the point many of us neglect to consider when we call out features we don't like.

Back