Nissan To Install 500 More Quick Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tesla is kicking Nissan's butt re QCs - "here's where we're putting them, and by when. Judge us by how well we adhere to that." Nissan needs to get off their ass and forget the 'only at dealers, during their business hours' bit, and soon.

^^^
No kidding, at least from a communication and availability POV. For those who have looked, take a look at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=297134#p297134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and/or http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; w/the slider.

Talk about FAR better communication!

I'd like to know what we can do to help convince dealers to get a QC, especially if this dealer is located next to a Mitsubishi dealer, which sells the i-MiEV (so there is potential for cost sharing).

I have a great relationship with my local dealers, and while I'm already pushing, I could use all the help to get Nissan to either notice/consider them, or help them ask Nissan for a QC.

lion: If the QC is close to where new Leafs are parked, owners charging their Leaf can strike up conversations with potential buyers -- which should help sales.

There was a good article on the battery swap company going bankrupt. They basically said make a car people want, and the charging stations will get built. You need the car first, not the chargers. The problem is the cheap leaf doesn't QC. So until that changes you have no chance of QC all over the place, at least not ones that plug into leafs.

GRA said:
Tesla is kicking Nissan's butt re QCs - "here's where we're putting them, and by when. Judge us by how well we adhere to that." Nissan needs to get off their ass and forget the 'only at dealers, during their business hours' bit, and soon.

Here is what I think the difference is in the approaches:

Nissan: Hello, host sites, we have charging stations that we'd like to place if you want them. We'll pay for the hardware and the installation for most units. You have to supply the parking places and pay the electric bill (which could be relatively inexpensive outside of California but will include demand charges in California at $600-800 per month). You can bill drivers if you want, or give it away for free on your dime. Anyone interested?

Tesla: Hello host site. You've been chosen by your location, access to your facility, and availability to electrical infrastructure for the installation of a supercharger at your site. We'll pay you for the space with a monthly lease rental. We're paying for all hardware and installation costs, AND we're paying for the entire electric bill (which could be upwards of $10,000 per month including demand charges in California). The charging is free to drivers (as they pre-paid in the price of their car). We'd really like to have the unit installed at your site, can we talk about doing business?

Randy said:
GRA said:

Nissan: Hello, host sites, we have charging stations that we'd like to place if you want them. We'll pay for the hardware and the installation for most units. You have to supply the parking places and pay the electric bill (which could be relatively inexpensive outside of California but will include demand charges in California at $600-800 per month). You can bill drivers if you want, or give it away for free on your dime. Anyone interested?

Tesla: Hello host site. You've been chosen by your location, access to your facility, and availability to electrical infrastructure for the installation of a supercharger at your site. We'll pay you for the space with a monthly lease rental. We're paying for all hardware and installation costs, AND we're paying for the entire electric bill (which could be upwards of $10,000 per month including demand charges in California). The charging is free to drivers (as they pre-paid in the price of their car). We'd really like to have the unit installed at your site, can we talk about doing business?

umm, actually Tesla went a completely different way. I am sure they did it in various ways thru-out the country but apparently the Centrailia station will be built on property "owned by Tesla" so no leasing, no negotiation, no nothing...

guessing a purchase would not be viable everywhere but this really opens up something I had not heard anyone else doing. this really goes a long way towards verifying the depth of Tesla's long term commitment.

Randy said:

A very good summary Randy. Now I understand why Tesla has 5 QC stations mapped out for Utah and Nissan has yet to do a single one.

These guys do know what the problem is, do they not ?

Elephanthead said:
The problem is the cheap leaf doesn't QC. So until that changes you have no chance of QC all over the place, at least not ones that plug into leafs.
Anyone know what percentage of Leafs on the road now have a DCQC port?

Google Maps has not been updated in nearly a month? so Nissan taking a break from the installs to work on battery pricing? maybe they just need to hire some more help? ;)

DaveinOlyWA said:
Google Maps has not been updated in nearly a month? so Nissan taking a break from the installs to work on battery pricing? maybe they just need to hire some more help? ;)
I only update the map when people post confirmed locations here...

If it's missing any, post here and I'll add it.

Didn't bother searching for this question: Is there a way to know when Santa Cruz, CA will be getting a quick charger? We like to head there to the beach.

drees said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

my whole point exactly. Nissan seems to have stopped putting them in...

DaveinOlyWA said:
my whole point exactly. Nissan seems to have stopped putting them in...
Tony recently said that all the San Diego Mossy dealerships will be getting them - I guess I should add those.

drees said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

I can't find the linky to the Google Maps QC. Can you pls repost it? Or perhaps have it noted in the first post of this thread ?

Thanks!

mxp said:
I can't find the linky to the Google Maps QC. Can you pls repost it? Or perhaps have it noted in the first post of this thread ?
Link is in my signature and here: http://goo.gl/FE18E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drees said:
mxp said:
Link is in my signature and here: http://goo.gl/FE18E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone, I just signed up for the forum but I've been lurking for a while. ;) Might be getting a LEAF within the next few weeks, and I was wondering if there was any news on the possibility of a Quick/CHadEMO charger at the Nissan dealer in Chico, CA?

Back