Nissan is Responsive

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

I sent an email to Nissan discussing the lack of a charger at my local dealership, and they responded with a phone call. They'd spoken with the dealership and filled me in on the situation.

I was quite impressed with their responsiveness.

Nissan & Chevrolet will be forced up their ante in providing a reliable charging network available for their cars, if they plan to remain competitive with the Tesla's onslaught in the affordable EV market...

mihird said:
Nissan & Chevrolet will be forced up their ante in providing a reliable charging network available for their cars, if they plan to remain competitive with the Tesla's onslaught in the affordable EV market...
It won't help, nobody wants to hang around a car dealer for an hour. Tesla is the only who seems to have figured out what should be obvious to anyone.

They only have a 110V wall plug currently.

The dealership is in a good location, so it would be great to leave the car there and walk to lunch. The LEAF's going to make us fat. We keep finding fun places to charge while we go eat. OTOH, we do more walking, too. ;)

I'm hoping they'll get the idea at some point.

LTLFTcomposite said:
It won't help, nobody wants to hang around a car dealer for an hour. Tesla is the only who seems to have figured out what should be obvious to anyone.

I did it...when my range was getting shorter and shorter...before I got my new battery pack. At least they had (free) drinks and popcorn. :cool:

I too have from time to time stopped at a dealer for a 30 minute DCQC when my commute plans changed and I didn't have enough range available. While it is not the ideal solution, having that option definitely helped.

Though I would imagine it would get old real quick if I needed to do that regularly.

PianoAl said:

The dealership is in a good location, so it would be great to leave the car there and walk to lunch. The LEAF's going to make us fat. We keep finding fun places to charge while we go eat. OTOH, we do more walking, too. ;)

So Nissan's "responsiveness" has so far been limited to talking to you? I'd give that a "C+."

Every Saturday we arrive at the BMW dealer and plug into their free L2 charger. Then we walk two blocks to Starbucks. I get an hour of writing in, wife knits or reads, then we go pick up the car and do some other errands. Sometimes we bring a few coffees for the salesman.

PianoAl said:

This may become a problem for some Nissan dealers when the Bolt is released. There is a Chevy dealer right across the street from ours so I can see people with capacity issues plugging in and shopping for a Bolt while waiting for the frequently needed charge. Hope Tesla opens a showroom near them too so I can keep my options open ;) . This is another good reason that Nissan needs to step up their game before it's too late.

If any of the traditional car makers were smart they would partner up with a fast food chain, convenience store, pharmacy chain, anything that has a wide reach, and install chargers in every lot. You don't have to hunt for a charger on plugshare if you know every Burger King has one. And who is going to charge at BK without occasionally popping in for some greasy junk food? Even as someone who takes nutrition seriously I'd go still go in and see what they have.

Back