Back Up Power

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscipleD

I live in the US and I bought my Leaf back in 2021 when there was talk of the ability to use one to power a home when the electrical grid is down. V2H. 2 and a half years and still waiting. Fermata Energy has been approved by Nissan to be used, but have only been marketed and sold for commercial use, not home owners. Last month they sent me an email with a survey to fill out. They may be finally considering offering their product to homeowners.
One component that is crucial for homeowners is an automatic transfer switch that disconnects the home from the grid to protect utility workers from electrial shock during an outage. Fermata Energy as far as I know does not offer one. So I do not believe they will offer anything for the homeowners market any time soon.

Another company is Enphase. My local installer informed me their product will be offered late 2024. Their equipment includes an ATS.

For those of us who are looking for this option. Maybe we will see some progress soon.

Our home has Enphase solar and two of the latest batteries for backup.
The batteries cost was substantial and only gives us 20 hours of electricity.
When I saw that Enphase was going to have a bidirectional charger that works with the LEAF, I bought a 2021 SL Plus 62kW. Four to five days backup from the LEAF. After Fed rebate the rolling battery backup unit only cost 20k. And we now have an electric vehicle for local use.
I am waiting for the bidirectional charger to be available for installation.

I also have IQ7s with my solar panels. 3 years ago I was also on a waiting list for 2 Tesla Powerwalls, but when I heard about V2H I got my refund for the Powerwalls and have been waiting.
I have the same Leaf, 2019 model.
Here is the link for the Enphase V2H for your website https://www.emporiaenergy.com/how-the-emporia-v2x-charger-works/
My local installer says they will be available towards the end of the year. Probably next year when they say that.
I like your website.
I did follow DCBEL but they only offer to support a subpanel, not the whole house. They have their own inverters which I don't need and when I last checked they only offered in New York and Califorinia.

Back