Newest Component Release Levels (firmware,version,software)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to clone the SD card and send it to the needy driver via email or PSP or Google Cloud. While not worrying about the chuckleheads who say "it can't be done, Vern" or who just refuse? Of course, the dealer is going to take the hard line with you. They've already got your money and to them that is all that counts.

Dave

Do we know the cutoff for the VIN numbers for cars that will be allowed to get the update vs those that don't? I bought a PreOwned Leaf (89 miles on it) from a non-Nissan dealership and my Carwings software version appears the be the original version (i.e. no updates done to the car since it was originally purchased). Don't know if mine qualifies for the update or not.

vrwl said:
Do we know the cutoff for the VIN numbers for cars that will be allowed to get the update vs those that don't? I bought a PreOwned Leaf (89 miles on it) from a non-Nissan dealership and my Carwings software version appears the be the original version (i.e. no updates done to the car since it was originally purchased). Don't know if mine qualifies for the update or not.

Since your VIN is after mine, I would assume your build date is after mine (which would be July). Are you having problems with CarWings (I'm not)? If so, the car is still under warranty, and I have found the folks at McKinney Nissan (near you) "Leaf friendly".

Thanks Stanton, to my knowledge, Carwings is working ok, but then again, I've only had the car 4 days, so I'm not really sure HOW everything in that program is supposed to work yet :eek:

This is the software versions for my UK LEAF, which went through its PDI on 27/03/2013

Boot Ware (NK1):181
Application (NK2):181
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:034
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C239
Voice Recognition Engine:925-125-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001090
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001020
Part Number:3ND1B
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3ND0000628
Map Version:12/03/02/01

I have a feeling this post (featured in Google search for "how to check nissan leaf firmware version") needs to be updated with information from the latest LEAF battery-warranty firmware update... just bumping this to bring attention to the matter, as I don't have that information myself and am headed to the dealer right now for the upgrade appointment. :)

Just got mine updated, and strangely, not a single number on the version information screen changed. Somewhat perplexed. What component would've changed if they updated the battery controller and charger firmware? :?

(edit: ugh, this forum has some pretty annoying file-attachment restrictions too... 256kb maximum? What is this, 1999? That's why I don't hang out on MNL much...)

Attachments

• WP_20130703_002.jpg
    WP_20130703_002.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 30
  • WP_20130703_004.jpg
    WP_20130703_004.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 30
The only way you can get current rev levels for things like that is with the Nissan Consult III+. What is displayed on the Nav screen diagnostics is not updated for other than an actual update of that or the telematics.

FalconFour said:
Just got mine updated, and strangely, not a single number on the version information screen changed. Somewhat perplexed. What component would've changed if they updated the battery controller and charger firmware? :?

Good to know! :) I did notice that - using the LEAF Battery app for Android - the battery shunts were all inactive for the first time in my memory just after the update. I haven't been through a full discharge/recharge cycle yet, but I was down to one bar without "low battery" chiming in (which is an improvement). Didn't get back my 12th capacity bar though, which I lost just days ago. Might come back after tonight's charge.

Never thought too hard about it before, but I think there are several firmware components that aren't shown on this display. The "Part number" actually seems to refer to the SD card in the map slot (which mine matches - see picture), while I was under the impression the part number was for a more "primary" controller in the car.

I'm learning. :lol: Thanks for the info!

(p.s.: Anyone got a newer maps card they've upgraded and no longer need? I'm very much interested in updating, but $170 is a bit steep - I'd be willing to buy it.)

Attachments

• WP_20130703_008.jpg
    WP_20130703_008.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 90
(p.s.: Anyone got a newer maps card they've upgraded and no longer need? I'm very much interested in updating, but $170 is a bit steep - I'd be willing to buy it.)

Map cards are locked to the specific unit, and cannot be used in another car. (Sorry).

You've got a 2012 and I can almost guarantee there are no meaningful changes between 2012 and 2013, so I'd not worry about it... The providers of car navigation databases are historically very slow in rolling out changes and lag well behind the times, some more so than others. An example: There is one newer development that I visit from time to time that was completed in 2005... It does not appear at all on the my 2011 Leaf Nav. However, it DID appear in our Acura nav that had a 2007 update and was 2 sided, 2 layer DVD based and used a different nav source than Nissan...

FalconFour said:

Just updated my 2012 SV (10/2012 build). Waited for nearly 90 minutes at the dealership, doesn't really seem anything changed. The letter from Nissan advised this was the same software as the 2013 model I was hoping we would get the % SOC functionality but sadly that isn't the case. Don't see anything different with this enhancement. The service department kept calling this a "recall".

Ingineer said:
FYI: This list obtained from the nav system diag screen referred to is only pertaining to the Nav (Head) unit/telematics system, and not to other systems in the Leaf.

-Phil
I posted this back in Early 2012. It still applies. There is no point checking the head unit looking for updates to other LEAF systems!

Additionally, The head unit can only be updated by SD card (not the map card), it cannot be updated through the normal Consult III+ method that all other LEAF updates are delivered by.

-Phil

Back