New LEAF ad campaign?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeithFrechette

http://adsoftheworld.com/files/nissan_3_big.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd be tempted to put that on the side of my LEAF! :D

I didn't even know that green was an available color for the LEAF. Is that new for 2012?

http://www.diogoluxo.com/?portfolio=nissab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems "ads of the world" site lets people upload their personal works for peer critique.

http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/103445" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exhibition
Here you can post your work for critique.
Public email
[email protected]
Country
Portugal

You can get a Leaf in green?

Eco chicks are the best, thank god that one shaved her legs, or perhaps it was photoshoped out?

adric22 said:
I bet if the woman came with the car, the Leaf's value would be higher than a Tesla Roadster.

dont know about the value, but the cost would be MUCH more than the Leaf and Tesla combined!

adric22 said:
I bet if the woman came with the car, the Leaf's value would be higher than a Tesla Roadster.

In Westside LA, a girl like that actually does come with the Tesla Roadster.

Yanquetino said:
Sad to see Nissan stoop to a sexist level. I'd hoped we'd left that kind of advertising in the last century. :roll:

Why do you think that Nissan actually made those?

TEG said:
Yanquetino said:
Sad to see Nissan stoop to a sexist level. I'd hoped we'd left that kind of advertising in the last century. :roll:
And even if they did, why would it necessarily be sexist? If anything it's more sexist to assume a woman is always being treated like an object in this post-liberation society. Do you think the Old Spice commercials are sexist towards men? At least that would be consistent!
=Smidge=

TEG said:
OK. Misspoke. I should have said that it's "sad to see an ad agency stoop to a sexist level using the Nissan LEAF."

Better? Sheesh.

Smidge204 said:
And even if they did, why would it necessarily be sexist? If anything it's more sexist to assume a woman is always being treated like an object in this post-liberation society. Do you think the Old Spice commercials are sexist towards men? At least that would be consistent!
=Smidge=
You're kidding me, right? An "Old Spice" commercial would be consistent? :roll:

Now, if the ad displayed a hot, young, fit, handsome, well-endowed man in a g-string lying back provocatively to sell a car, of all things, that would be consistent --and sexist.

Ah... but what do I know as a male? My gender evidently renders my judgment of what is and isn't sexist null and void, right? Well... shut my mouth.

I defer to our female forum members: please let us (me) know if this kind of advertising is sexist.

Sorry to say but at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards last night, the Leaf Polar Bear commercial lost out to the Chrysler 200 commercial for best commercial of the year...

Yanquetino said:
Now, if the ad displayed a hot, young, fit, handsome, well-endowed man in a g-string lying back provocatively to sell a car, of all things, that would be consistent --and sexist.
Guess I'm not quite sure where you think the line is. Objectification is objectification IMHO, and whether or not it's sexist to use attractive models in advertisements is, apparently, a matter of degree for some people.

I guess all I have to say is: Sexy != Sexist.
=Smidge=

Smidge204 said:
Guess I'm not quite sure where you think the line is. Objectification is objectification IMHO, and whether or not it's sexist to use attractive models in advertisements is, apparently, a matter of degree for some people.

I guess all I have to say is: Sexy != Sexist.
=Smidge=
Really? Well... as I said, I'll defer to our female forum members for input. Let's see how they would judge the original ads, your Old Spice example, and my g-string example.

In my experience only woman complain about objectification of beautiful woman. But mostly just ugly and fat woman. If they weren't ugly and/or fat then they'd want to be objectified too.

I certainly wouldn't mind at all if woman objectified me. Unfortunately, I don't have a body that would work for that, but if I did it certainly wouldn't bother me.

Back