New CARWINGS app look ...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redLEAF

Although I don't use it all the time (can check on charging status, etc.), more so in the summer to pre-cool the car ... just noticed that the 'look' of the CARWINGS app on the iPhone has been changed:

IMG_0226.PNG

and it does look like they released a version 3 today on the App store ...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nissan-leaf/id407814405?mt=8

Sorry if already covered but didn't see this posted yet; it automatically 'upgraded' the old version on my iPhone 5s

I like the new look. Just wish it could lock and unlock car remotely.... and program timers remotely. Otherwise works well for me.

After the update, it decided my climate control was on continually. I finally "turned climate control off" to try and shock it back into reality. The update was sent and the app then claimed "Timer Changed Successfully". Huh?

Back to the dusty confines of page 2, my confused little app. I'll keep using LEAF LINK.

stdogbert.jpg

Although the update to v3.2 of the app appears to be working as well as the earlier one on my iPhone6, I did notice one functional change. There used to be an explanation for the icons appearing to the left of the "State of Charge" bar graph, but I cannot find it in the new version. These icons are mostly self-explanatory but it was nice to have the key code.

From my few days of using the update, I see no other functional differences, and I liked the appearance of the earlier version better (personal preference). Maybe it works better in the background, or there was some other driving force to change the app within Nissan.

Pretty "meh" for me.

Still a big Leaf Link fan for all functions, especially navigation.

Back